Ok, so here's the deal.

Yesterday I ventured into a bear pit and I decided to raise my head above the parapet.

This is a general UK discussion forum on mobile phones: Mobile Phones - Digital Spy Forums and particularly Blackberry Z30 out next week - Mobile Phones - Digital Spy Forums

It's very active, and is pretty representative of the UK market in that most of the time these days it is inhabited by either Android people fascinated with what's gone wrong or how they can get round something or iPhone people also having a good old whinge. BB and WP users are not particularly welcome but I fancied a go.

I decided to join in because I think it's time to spread the love for #ichooseblackberry10 as far and wide as us happy band of pilgrims can, not just because I love the product but because I am genuinely amazed by the reaction I get from users of other platforms when they actually get to see a BB10 device in the flesh (or plastic).

I expect to get flamed, big time. To give you an idea since I replied to a post on the Z30 I got this:

'I thought Blackberry fanboys died out with Symbian fanboys years ago?'

To which I replied:

No baby! We just went underground....

And got this:

'Ah.... crackberry forums'!!!

Anyway, the biggest point of this is that in engaging I ended up writing the following which just reminded me of just how damn good this product is and I think it's worth us all reminding ourselves of it sometimes as we're a special breed my friends...

'No, to be fair I saw you really struggling with yourself over whether to get a Z10 in February. I think you were very fair around that time and stuck up for BB well in the face of a couple of 'rather exuberant' anti's spreading FUD which, I'm afraid, as far as BlackBerry is concerned is something of a sport.

Well, here's the thing. I got the Z10 at launch. It is simply the BEST mobile phone I have ever owned. It's an incredible piece of engineering.

Understandably, due to BlackBerry's poor image many people have asked me 'oh, is the the new BLACKBERRY?' as if it's some form of disease and I've become quite used to:

a) Demo'ing the thing in 2 minutes flat
    b) Watching their faces fall
    c) The tell tale look back at their phone as if to say 'why doesn't mine do that?' That happens a lot.

No lag - at all. Anywhere. Everything just zips along from app to app and page to page.

No Home button needed. This is the future...

A touchscreen keyboard to die for that learns what you say and where you put your fingers on the damn screen

Active frames and when you close an app - it's closed.

Remote File Access as standard - pull up your PC files on your phone. Anywhere.

Time Shift Camera - take a photo, detect faces, move them in time to get the best result.

The Hub - dear Lord, the Hub! I didn't even know how good it was until a friend asked me to do something on their phone as they had their hands full at the time. Go into this, come out of that, is it shut down, no one really knows....!

OS Updates - I've had 5 so far and another is due mid-October which brings even more goodness.

Oh, and apps? Yep, BB10 is still slightly behind (only silghtly now) but catching fast.

And if the Z30 is so risky (and it's a gorgeous piece of kit) then why are carriers even bothering??

So much disinformation around BlackBerry it's untrue but I can't blame anyone but BlackBerry for it. $3 billion cash in the bank and probably the worlds most advanced OS and they still make a complete mess of telling anyone about it.

Oh, and that's why #ichooseblackberry10 '
    09-19-13 06:11 PM
    SYMBIAN FANBOYS ???? !!!

Z10 via CB10
    09-19-13 06:15 PM
    So... what help do you need from us?

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 06:33 PM
    So... what help do you need from us?

Posted via CB10
    To do what we do best!.....raise hell on online forums with people who diss BlackBerry! lol

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    Last edited by Undbiter65; 09-20-13 at 09:31 AM.
    09-19-13 09:45 PM
    To do what we do best!.....raise hell on online forums with people who disses BlackBerry! lol

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    That's the one!

Feel it, Swipe it, Love it. BlackBerry Z10...
    09-20-13 02:15 AM