View Poll Results: If OS6 isn't the revolution we want it to be, where will you go?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Non-Smartphone

0 0%
  • Stick with Blackberry

31 55.36%
  • Iphone

12 21.43%
  • Android

13 23.21%
  • Palm

0 0%
  • Windows Mobile

0 0%
    I'm the proud owner of a Blackberry Tour, and I've been meaning to post this on the boards and have a discussion for a while but works been keeping me busy! Now I finally have a day off and I wanted to see if I was the only one out there with these concerns.

I love my Blackberry and I was very much looking forward to OS6 until I saw the video with the supposed Blackberry Slider and the Clamshell device that runs OS6. Simply put it looks TERRIBLE, I was hoping for so much more it truly just looks like OS5 with a NEW THEME. Now I'm not here to bash and say how much I hate RIM because I like them and I would love to see them around for the next 10 years, but realistically with the way there moving I can't be the only one worried. I didn't care much for the iphone or Android until my friend let me play with his Android device and after about 30 minutes to an hour I was sitting there just confused. . . . Not because I didn't get Android it was because in such a short amount of time Google had made an OS that simply put ROCKS and works! Email, SMS, Web Browser, etc. and the list goes on I was shocked how well everything worked and how much fun it was to use. Then the apps on the phone and the ones that were a available for it were quite shocking and I must admit quite ahead of Blackberry which may be more of a developer thing depending on what kinds of tools RIM is putting out.

Then I saw this on Crackberry.com were they show the updates from the sister sites and I saw this link http://www.androidcentral.com/jumpin...-you-need-know, which leads me to believe that a lot of people are leaving or getting ready too. Also the review for the Tour 2 or "BOLD" had me worried since its the same phone as mine with more memory, wifi, and a trackpad but no where in the review was there anything bad about the OS that I remember (Could be wrong). We need sites like crackberry editors included to speak out against RIM and there OS its the only way they may listen.

The link pretty much states what its about. RIM please step up and do something worthwhile if not you'll force me to leave my blackberry. Your OS doesn't need to be Re-modeled, RIM you need to build a new house and I fear that if you don't you may just end up like Palm who some say learned a little to late. I guess in the coming Months well find out if OS6 is going to be our saving grace or just the anti-christ that promises one thing and does the other lol. Back when I upgraded to the tour there wasn't much else to go to there was no android, and for the time there still is no iphone, but now RIM when I can upgrade in the coming months I'll have options . . . Also I was one of those people who doubted the iphone and Android but I must admit the experience is lovely so try it out and expand the mind a little.

I read on a article that one of the editors or maybe more have an ipod touch for email or web-browsing. Wouldn't it be nice to have it in just one device? Finally, thats my venting lol I just needed to get that out!
    06-14-10 12:10 PM
    If you don't like the BlackBerry then go to another device. It's a phone, not a girlfriend.
    06-14-10 12:41 PM
    This is not the first thread on this topic that I've seen reference the article you've linked to. Not sure I understand why people seem to think this indicates some mass exodus to Android any more than similar articles scattered across the web indicate a huge shift from iPhone to Android. I think people are making too much out of a simple "how-to" guide.
    06-14-10 12:50 PM
    No kidding, you waited for a day off to write that you found a phone you like? That's great, the next step is probably to go buy it.
    06-14-10 12:50 PM
    My God, the amount of people in this world that are half human/half lemming amaze and stun me. Had I known earlier in life it was this easy to lead people I'd already have my own tyrannical state in the heart of North America with aspirations of taking on Europe.

First of all, your whole argument is based on what others are doing. You need to have an original thought.

Second, basing opinions on a couple of videos and random articles without knowing what the end result would be is just a knee-**** reaction and you should really wait to see how things pan out, or just switch now and never look back.
    06-14-10 12:54 PM
    Just trying to state an opinion thats all . . .

psychotron yea i saw others and I thought that it was an interesting article or "how-to" guide.

Willie nice analogy, Yea D I waited for my day off I was working on it at work on BB I just copied and pasted most of it, but as for the buying the phone comment I don't upgrade for a couple of months and I'd like to wait and see what RIM does.
    06-14-10 12:57 PM
    You left an option out..... "already left" would have fit in well
    06-14-10 01:15 PM
    If you don't like the BlackBerry then go to another device. It's a phone, not a girlfriend.
    Girlfriends work that way too
    06-14-10 01:28 PM
    Good Grief! Get the Droid or the iPhone. No one gives a care. AND, please don't stay in touch when you leave.
    06-14-10 01:33 PM
  10. T
    I heard that the android freezes up a lot. I hope it doesn't do that when you're in the middle of rotating the thing back and forth between "landscape" and "portrait" mode while trying to type, lol. But I did hear it does ONE thing as well as the iphone (and better than the BlackBerry) so long as you've installed the proper "app," that is: it makes that noise. You know ... the one that comes out of the a$$.
    06-14-10 03:04 PM
    the perfect phone.

blackberry
    iphone
    droid
    4G
    all combined

blackberry has been around the longest they should pull it off
    06-14-10 04:36 PM
    I don't know if people are reading the question.

If you are NOT satisfied with the BB OS 6, you're going to stick with a device you're not satisfied with?!
    06-14-10 04:54 PM
    I would not switch to another phone just because of what the design of the screen and layout looked like. Especially to the iPhone!
    06-14-10 07:49 PM
    I see more BB being used than I do other devices and I hear a lot of pro and cons
    I am happy with BB It does what it is suppose to do and it doesn't let me down.
    It has come to my rescue many times. I lke how it works and I don't use it for work. For every person who decides to leave BB another one or two will come on board. All platforms will have their customer base. There is nothing wrong with BB Their device is solid and it does what it is suppose to do WORK
    06-14-10 08:07 PM
    Good Grief! Get the Droid or the iPhone. No one gives a care. AND, please don't stay in touch when you leave.
    Obviously you care enough to click on the thread and respond.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-10 09:40 PM

No, I think they're telling them to shush. When someone is rattling off at the mouth and you engage by telling them to shut up, it's not because you want to hear more of what they have to say, or care about what they have say.
    06-14-10 09:47 PM
    My God, the amount of people in this world that are half human/half lemming amaze and stun me. Had I known earlier in life it was this easy to lead people I'd already have my own tyrannical state in the heart of North America with aspirations of taking on Europe.
    Haha. Steve Jobs is already one step ahead of you.
    06-14-10 09:48 PM

^
    haha so trueee

and besides...the man is just explaining his frustration and i understand him. you dont have to be a ***** about it
    06-14-10 09:56 PM
    I also read the article in reference to those leaving BlackBerry to Android.
    http://www.androidcentral.com/jumpin...-you-need-know

As I read it, I thought it was bias. It didn't mention anything you would miss about BlackBerry. It was all about Android. They were raving on GMail on Android, but they failed to mention that you can't copy and paste using the GMail app. There are ways around it, but most users won't be able to do this unless they're the type like us, that go to forums trying to find a workaround

I too, was considering an Android device. I've messed around with it for a while. It wowed me because everything was new. New menu screens, new icons, etc.
    Then I realized that the things I need to get done on the Android, I was able to do the same thing on my BlackBerry. Things such as adding a calendar event, creating notes and tasks, composing and reading Email, text messaging and social networking, directory apps, and navigation apps, and web browsing.
    In my opinion Android was better at web browsing & GPS navigation.
    My BlackBerry had a better calendar and a better version of Docs To Go, AutoText, universal copy and paste. These are things I use the most. I don't browse the web much on my phone. I usually have bookmarks of my favorite sites. Most of those have mobile version any way.
    Even though it's not fancy, I found the BlackBerry OS easier to navigate to the things I used the most. QuickLaunch has made it even easier and faster.
    There's only so much you can do with an OS. It's the apps that make up the difference. I'm not a big time multimedia user. I do some multimedia, but I mostly use my phone for Email, Contacts, Calendar, Editing Documents, etc.

So for now, BlackBerry is for me.
    06-14-10 10:37 PM
    I don't get why some people are so rude about an OPINION if you don't like it just vote and don't REPLY

I never said screw BB all I said was that I hope that RIM makes OS6 everything we want it to be. The update yesterday just fixed my browser click issue that I've been having for a while on my tour. No OS is perfect each have ups and downs.

@cdf3 I must agree that is one of the things that I like about BB is that it may not be fancy but it does get the job done.

I'm hoping for OS6 to address some issues but I'm worried because sometimes RIM doesn't look to far in the future. Like the Storm one should of been the storm 2 same for the tour. And now there is word that the 9700 may get a refresh and it just came out! But I've been with BB for a long time and I'll put my trust in RIM.
    06-15-10 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD