06-20-10 08:01 PM
53 123
tools
    Had one funny moment when it restarted just after I finished & unplugged my first charge.. But as an IT guy, I know that even the highest level of technology can go wrong, so I just wisely smiled =) (I'll keep my eyes open, tho)
    Offtopic: most IT guys I know they all prefer either Android (root'd :-), or iPhone (jailbroken :-). None of whom I know are using Blackberries, even guys who came from Microsoft's world.
    06-13-10 11:07 PM
    Offtopic: most IT guys I know they all prefer either Android (root'd :-), or iPhone (jailbroken :-). None of whom I know are using Blackberries, even guys who came from Microsoft's world.
    LOL.. Let's say that I'm just an open-minded-IT guy.
    06-13-10 11:19 PM
    Sign me up for CrackBerry Anonymous, too!
    06-13-10 11:28 PM
    i have a curve 8330 (pink)..cant wait for my upgrade to come around!
    06-14-10 02:14 AM
    Its true that we have been getting a lot of negative complaints of iphone/android converting thread but keep in mind that only those who need to complain will post more often then those who don't. There are thousands of users on this site and most of us are happy with our BB therefore we don't need post about it cuz we already had before. With that said, I don't think iphone/android user will take over anytime soon.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by noized77; 06-14-10 at 10:34 AM.
    06-14-10 10:31 AM
    I love my 9700! I started with an 8310 a few years ago and completely got hooked. The BB keeps me connected giving me access to email, twitter facebook, IM, tumblr, etc. I travel a lot for work so I have a lot of movies and music for my time in the airport or I can stream Pandora, iheartradio and youtube. The BB is all I need. Yeah maybe it doesn't have a flashy new OS and the webbrowser aint the best but its just a phone. I don't expect anything amazing and in the end BB's go above and beyond what I need.

06-14-10 10:34 AM
    I need a phone that's a good organizer,has great call quality, and a fantastic keyboard. The rest is just gravy. My 9650 has that for and more. I couldn't be more pleased.
    06-14-10 11:16 AM
    The OS 6.0 looks like it will be pretty promising as well! There was a video posted of it being shown of in the Crackberry new feed. Some people from China were showing it off on a 9800!
    06-14-10 07:52 PM
    You are not allowed to post here. This forum is for iPhone posters!!
    I hate the iPhone lol. Congrats on getting the 8530!
    06-14-10 08:39 PM
    I love my 9700 too, its so solid and compact. I did think about getting the iPhone but I love BB's too much to switch.

I started off with the 8120 and since then I've also had the 8900 before getting a BlackBerry I was buying a new phone at least every month because I was getting bored!

I am yet to become bored of BlackBerry's. I love the way I can do everything I need to right in the palm of my hand, they are lovely little devices.

I love the keyboard on my 9700. I am a very happy BB user.

Its great to see some love on this forum!

06-15-10 05:00 AM
    I love my blackberries too, I think I'm starting a collection, 8707v, 8310, Storm2 and Bold 9700. I starting to think I have a problem
    Best for typing? Hands down 8707v

06-15-10 05:38 AM
    I love my blackberries too, I think I'm starting a collection, 8707v, 8310, Storm2 and Bold 9700. I starting to think I have a problem
    Best for typing? Hands down 8707v

Oh, then you should invest in a cheap 7290! A couple of hours familiarization with that and you'll be flying!

(typing speed only)
    06-15-10 07:27 AM
    Oh, then you should invest in a cheap 7290! A couple of hours familiarization with that and you'll be flying!

(typing speed only)
    Lol, I was looking at some on ebay yesterday. The thing about the 8707v is that it's 3G, most people consider the Bold 9000 to be the first 3G blackberry but they are quite wrong
    The 8707v on the 4.1OS has a brilliant today theme, it shows voicemail, messages, sms, calls and callendar, I haven't seen any other theme to show all that info on the home screen.

06-15-10 10:13 AM
    I'm in love with my BB and I'm still running on an 8330. Just killing time till my upgrade and then I'm going BOLD!!!
    me too! december needs to get here quicker hehe. bb love forever
    06-15-10 10:53 AM
    I love my BB to.
    Talking and BBMing all day long.

06-15-10 07:12 PM
    I love my BB to.
    Talking and BBMing all day long.

Just switched from tour to 9700. Thought I couldnt be more into BB. But then came wi-fi for me. Coudnt be happier!

06-15-10 07:32 PM
    The Nice thing about Blackberry is that they know how to make a really good quality device at a price that is affordable. The only thing that needs updating is some stuff in their OS, but that is only minor useless things in the OS. The iPhone's OS in my opinion can't compete, because it has many limitations. With the BB OS there seems to be a menu option for anything imaginable. It's media is not 100%, but like I said before, I want a communication device, not an Entertainment Studio. The device is also a LOT more stable then the iPhone. It never freezes on me.

Think about how much slower our world would tick without the Blackberry. All the business professionals use it to make work more efficient. The world would not progress as quick if we didn't have smart-phones, particularly the Blackberry IMO.
    06-15-10 08:15 PM
    I have voiced my opinions openly here regarding RIM and Blackerry weaknesses. However, when all is said and done I do like my Blackberry.

All platforms have strengths and weaknesses. I am confident RIM will close the gap on their competition with the web experience and hardware while remaining superior with what is most important to me: email communication, battery life and physical keyboard.

I look forward to the future Blackberry that will replace the 9700, but right now I am happy. Hopefully OS6 and the webkit are a large step forward, and run on my 9700.

P.S. I vote to ban the use of the word "fanboy"
    P.S.S. "RIM poops bunnies." - reeneebob
    Last edited by Jaredius; 06-15-10 at 08:25 PM.
    06-15-10 08:16 PM
    Let's try to express our love without bashing other brands here LOL.

By the way does anyone know a good remote desktop software for Blackberry? Free, if possible.

Thanks.
    06-16-10 03:03 AM
    The old 8707v is back in use today while I'm waiting for a replaceament Bold 9700 and I'm loveing it. Sometimes I think RIM take 3 steps forward and one back with the new models.

06-16-10 05:40 AM
    The device is also a LOT more stable then the iPhone. It never freezes on me.
    haha, really-really? :-) :-) :-)
    06-16-10 02:48 PM
    Good to see some positive light shed on the BB community.

Count me in! Love my 9700 and had other Berries before, but for a month I did try Andriod and hated both my phones.

In that time, not once did I say goodbye or how much better off I was, just wanted to try something new.

06-16-10 11:01 PM
    haha, really-really? :-) :-) :-)
    I never expect a smartphone to be totally stable..
    I mean.. bugs & software glitches do exist. More complex the OS means more bugs are expected.

So usually when a new phone come out I try to wait like 3-6 months so that they release a stable firmware.

Just my 2 cents.
    06-17-10 10:40 PM
    I never expect a smartphone to be totally stable..
    I mean.. bugs & software glitches do exist. More complex the OS means more bugs are expected.

So usually when a new phone come out I try to wait like 3-6 months so that they release a stable firmware.

Just my 2 cents.
    That's my point. All phones freeze, and have bugs. All phones. And BB is the one of them. And that's how it's known for battery pulls. It's okay, nothing bad about it. But like that kind of comparison.. I do have 2 iPhone's in the family, and I have BB. I can compare, cause I used iPhone+BB for more than half a year together. They both freeze and glitch equally. :-)
    06-18-10 10:36 AM
    Yes, though my Blackberry is generally very stable. Although, facebook tends to be kind of laggy/glitchy. I have V7 anyone else have this issue?
    06-20-10 09:57 AM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD