I am totally in love with my blackberry! I have the curve 8530, and I know, it is not the "best" blackberry, but I love it!

The pros: It get's stuff done. The iPhone is miserable to type on, and is more for entertainment. The iPhone lacks decent multitasking, even their new OS. Nothing gets tasks done like a Berry!

The cons: The battery life in the Curve 8530 isn't amazing, and media viewing sucks, but I don't use it to play games, or watch videos, I use it to communicate. It's a really amazingly awesome good phone, not a home theater.

What Blackberry are you using right now? What are you pros and cons of your device?
    06-10-10 08:22 PM
    You are not allowed to post here. This forum is for iPhone posters!!
    06-10-10 08:30 PM
    LOL something
    06-10-10 08:41 PM
    @Brendan_ss it's been along time since I seen a post like this on this section of the forum .

Happy you like your phone..... It doesn't matter what phone has the best specs... All that counts is what phone is the BEST for you.
    I use the 9700 and also like my phone .

I LIKE MY BERRY and I'm proud to say it LOL.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-10 08:43 PM
    You are not allowed to post here. This forum is for iPhone posters!!
    LOL...... This General Blackberry Discussion forum, but nice try
    06-10-10 08:51 PM
    Well we are all glad you like it, as do many of us. Congrats.
    06-11-10 10:10 AM
    That person was being sarcastic...a lot the threads lately are about how RIM is falling behind the superior iPhone and/or Android, which is true in many ways.

However as you point out, the BB has it's superior features as well and you're on the correct forum for discussing that!

LOL...... This General Blackberry Discussion
    forum, but nice try
    06-11-10 10:14 AM
    LOL...... This General Blackberry Discussion forum, but nice try
    Please do not believe I was serious. It was a refreshing post in a Blackberry forum........
    06-11-10 10:16 AM
    I <3 my Blackberry!!!!!!!!... I will say it loud and say it proud. Does everything i need it too and more so.
    06-11-10 12:57 PM
    I'm in love with my BB and I'm still running on an 8330. Just killing time till my upgrade and then I'm going BOLD!!!
    06-11-10 01:12 PM
    I love my 9700 as well. There are enough phones out there now so most everyone should be able to find one that fits their own needs. For me there is nothing better than the 9700.
    06-11-10 01:18 PM
    I like Blackberrys as well. They're simple and to the point.

06-11-10 01:29 PM
    I like Blackberrys as well. They're simple and to the point.

Like my mind, except I tend to ramble a lot and forget the whole point of the conversation I was involved in. But at least I am simple, I like action movies and stuff too, or a good burger.

Wait, what?
    06-11-10 01:34 PM
    F-iphone!

Great thread. I haven't seen such a positive post on this forum for awhile. This is crackberry nation and not for iPhone fan boys to take over.
    06-11-10 01:46 PM
    Group hug! Let me in there.

Glad you're happy with your BlackBerry, Brendan_ss! Can't imagine life without mine.
    06-11-10 02:19 PM
    I love my BlackBerry too...I honestly can say I do NOT like using the iphone, my dad even tried to trade me his brand new out the box iPhone 3Gs for my 9700 that I've had since last year...needless to say, I declined ...#teamblackberry

06-11-10 02:29 PM
    I'm into the BB. I like the discretion with which it can be operated with one hand whilst you can continue to be pretend to be interested in what someone is talking at you.

The deal breaker for me is the fact that BB seems able to get data in areas where other phones on the same network cannot.
    06-11-10 07:38 PM
    It's refreshing to see some love on this forum

06-11-10 10:12 PM
    Group hug! Let me in there.
    Me too! Nice to see a topic like this in the middle of all the "I'm leaving for [insert name of phone here]" and "Goodbye Blackberry!" threads once in a while.

I could care less if my Curve is considered "low end". I'm totally, irrevocably in love with this thing. Never been so addicted to a gadget in my life. With the exception of when I'm in the shower it never leaves my side.
    06-11-10 10:28 PM

So true.

I only log on to read the good stuff, it's not like I need convincing of my choice of phone but it's nice to share in the exaltation with others. Is that the right word - exal...? But sadly so much of what I read is hateration perpetrated by...whoever those people are.

Anyway, I just wish more people would step forward like the OP did and flat out say why they like the device. Well done to the OP; it may seem such a taboo thing to do, to come out and say you like your device, but big up you I really enjoyed your post!

It's nice to share in the fun. BlackBerries are known as CrackBerries for a reason - you just can't put the buggers down. Don't get me started on my Africa experience stories, but suffice to say it's surprising what a BB does - stuff that other phones don't manage.
    06-11-10 10:30 PM
    I'm into the BB. I like the discretion with which it can be operated with one hand whilst you can continue to be pretend to be interested in what someone is talking at you.

The deal breaker for me is the fact that BB seems able to get data in areas where other phones on the same network cannot.
    YES! I do that all the time! I'm not trying to be rude when I do that, but the BB is just so addicting!
    06-13-10 05:10 PM
    Allow me join the list..

Just got my Bold 9700 3 days ago after finishing my current contract.. Can you imagine my hunger.. Been a long time lurker here for few months but just got my Blackberry 3 days ago LOL. Man... I love that unboxing experience.. The smell of the new, unopened package fresh from the factory.. =)

I know that new BBs are coming like 9650, 9800 etc.. But my carrier have this 30% rebate of the plan promotion till end of June, so I cannot wait. My prev WinMo Samsung i780 has only 128 mb of RAM but it take me months before I need to restart/battery pull the phone, so why can't I live with 9700's 256 mb of RAM?

Anyway having wanted the 9700 since long long time ago and been reading much information on this forum, I've become well aware of the common build quality problems of the 9700. So checked everything, Trackpad.. flush & solid. Buttons.. solid. Bezel.. aha.. a bit creaks on the right side, nearby the camera shutter button, but hey I can live with that.

Had one funny moment when it restarted just after I finished & unplugged my first charge.. But as an IT guy, I know that even the highest level of technology can go wrong, so I just wisely smiled =) (I'll keep my eyes open, tho)

So, upgraded the OS into .656 (previous was .400), bought a Capdase Expose 2 soft jacket (A great soft case if you don't need the protection that Otterbox offers, not rubber but some kind of a soft plastic, screen guard included) and all in all.. A good 9700 for me.
    06-13-10 09:34 PM

agreed! I love seeing positive things in the forums. I love my blackberry!
    06-13-10 09:42 PM
    Just got my Bold 9700 3 days ago...
    Good going, SilentSeth. I've been using a solidly built 9700 for several months now, and it's very reliable. It could be a bit bigger, but that's about it. The trackpad makes navigation so much easier compared to my previous BB!,
    06-13-10 09:50 PM
    Good going, SilentSeth. I've been using a solidly built 9700 for several months now, and it's very reliable. It could be a bit bigger, but that's about it. The trackpad makes navigation so much easier compared to my previous BB!,
    Yea.. other than the small build quality issues, this is a good phone.

My prev Samsung i780 is a portrait, qwerty + trackpad + touch screen phone. A very good WinMo phone, I must say. 624 Mhz processor + 128 Mbs of RAM. And the battery gave me around 2-3 days of not-so-heavy usage.

So moving on to the Bold 9700 is not a big deal for me, since they both offer almost identical features & physical traits, but with a better keyboard.

I think I'm addicted to qwerty keyboards LOL.
    06-13-10 09:59 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD