Hilton Honors
    Amex
    American Airlines
    Bill Pay from my bank

Then there are apps I have on my ipad like:

Zillow
    Wikipedia
    Hulu plus
    Linked in (the bb version is a disaster)

As you can see, I don't need a "toy", but if I can do all these things on a toy ip4 or android and not on a BB, that's a problem.

RIM dominated when the technology was limited to communication, but the development community brought new functionality to the mobile handset, and RIM was caught unprepared. RIM could have the fastest processor, best email, and free BBM, but until they bring the total experience of their phones (for the corporate or business user, not the teeny bopper) up to the standards of the market, they will never regain their footing.

I really like the 9930. Its a great phone, but if I have significant functionality difficiencies compared to the other options, I will more than likely chose a phone that allows a more complete set of options and functions.

RIM needs to pay developers to bring "native" apps back to app world. IMO, it is the most important addition to BB10.
    04-22-12 08:16 AM
    Do what you need to do in order to get the most out of your phone.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    04-22-12 08:20 AM
    Do what you need to do in order to get the most out of your phone.

Apparently one need is to come on BB fan site and whine about the BB

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-22-12 08:28 AM
    you shouldn't base your device on what apps it has. you should base your phone on what it natively does.
    BBs are not for "Teeny Boppers" exclusively by any means.
    04-22-12 08:31 AM
    Why wait, be gone already......enjoy your new phone earlier
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    04-22-12 08:32 AM
    Spoken like a true group of RIM executives.

If they share the attitude that it is up to the user base to settle for what they offer, rather than bring things to the user that they didn't even know they needed, it will be the end for the company.

I thought this was a forum to talk about Blackberry. I guess its supposed to be one thread after another about how great it is to have a phone that you can send emails and IMs on.
    04-22-12 08:37 AM
    you shouldn't base your device on what apps it has. you should base your phone on what it natively does.
    BBs are not for "Teeny Boppers" exclusively by any means.
    Why limit yourself that way? Is that how you view all devices? PC's? Game Consoles? Etc....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    04-22-12 08:40 AM

If they share the attitude that it is up to the user base to settle for what they offer, rather than bring things to the user that they didn't even know they needed, it will be the end for the company.

I thought this was a forum to talk about Blackberry. I guess its supposed to be one thread after another about how great it is to have a phone that you can send emails and IMs on.
    And the "bring things to the user that they didn't even know they needed" bit is screaming Apple fanboy; which, I agree with such level of innovation, but keep in mind it is rare indeed. RIP, Steve Jobs.

Anyway, why do you HAVE to have an app, when your BB will do those things natively through the browser? And I know, you don't want to pinch-to-zoom on a 2.8 inch screen. Fine...but if you "love your BB," give them a chance with the London later this year.
    04-22-12 08:41 AM
    With the Amex app I can check expenses, pay bills, etc in about half the time it takes to do so through the browser.

Same goes for the other "wants" I have. I am waiting until fall to decide, so the company has time to start showing progress in these areas.
    04-22-12 09:09 AM
    Is this a promise or a threat?
    Barljo likes this.
    04-22-12 09:12 AM
    Why limit yourself that way? Is that how you view all devices? PC's? Game Consoles? Etc....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    yes it is in fact. if the device is built to just support other feature its not that good of a device to start. I love a good add on/app as much as the next person but ill look at what it can do by itself first then see what it can do secondary.
    up488 likes this.
    04-22-12 09:31 AM
    Is this a promise or a threat?
    That is too funny; I was just about to post that.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-22-12 09:41 AM
    Here we go again ...

I want, I want, I want, and if I don't get, I'm taking my ball and going home.

04-22-12 09:50 AM

This forum is to talk about blackberry. About its features, helping people out etc. If you want/need certain apps which are not on BB, then instead of coming here and threatening us with leaving you should buy what meets your needs. No harm in wanting certain apps and features. I'm happy with my berry as I don't need Zinio, Amex etc. If you need them and BB doesn't have it move on already. Why come to a BB fan site which has people registered here simply because they like the BB as is. We might be wrong,"behind the time" etc but we like it. That why we have BBs and that's why we are here on this site. If people jump on you because of your whiney post then that's to be expected.
    04-22-12 02:37 PM
    And the "bring things to the user that they didn't even know they needed" bit is screaming Apple fanboy; which, I agree with such level of innovation, but keep in mind it is rare indeed. RIP, Steve Jobs.
    Rarer still is the realization that the type of innovation described above is not limited to one man or one company, and that it's something to which all companies should aspire.
    04-22-12 02:47 PM
    Like someone else said, do what's best for you. Ciao!

I can add the following apps:

Hilton Honors
    Amex
    American Airlines
    Bill Pay from my bank

Zillow
    Wikipedia
    Hulu plus

As you can see, I don't need a "toy", but if I can do all these things on a toy ip4 or android and not on a BB, that's a problem.

RIM dominated when the technology was limited to communication, but the development community brought new functionality to the mobile handset, and RIM was caught unprepared. RIM could have the fastest processor, best email, and free BBM, but until they bring the total experience of their phones (for the corporate or business user, not the teeny bopper) up to the standards of the market, they will never regain their footing.

I really like the 9930. Its a great phone, but if I have significant functionality difficiencies compared to the other options, I will more than likely chose a phone that allows a more complete set of options and functions.

RIM needs to pay developers to bring "native" apps back to app world. IMO, it is the most important addition to BB10.
    04-22-12 03:07 PM
    "bring things to the user that they didn't even know they needed" = tell consumers what we want them to believe they need, either through vanity or envy because somebody they know already has it and that magically makes it "cool", provide it at exorbitant prices, and make them feel special by sending them out to preach the gospel you tell them to preach.

The power of marketing.
    04-22-12 03:34 PM
    I can add the following apps:

Hilton Honors
    Amex
    American Airlines
    Bill Pay from my bank

Zillow
    Wikipedia
    Hulu plus

In the meantime might I suggest that you send correspondence to some of these companies requesting that they make apps for the Playbook that will also be ready for BB10 phones when they come out? I cancelled Netflix because they said they weren't making a Playbook app. App developers and content providers need to know that Blackberry users expect them to support BB10.
    04-22-12 03:43 PM
    Yea, instead of blaming RIM for not having an amex app blame amex. I love BlackBerry, and I don't have any apps other than instant messaging apps already available in App World.
    04-22-12 03:48 PM
    This forum is to talk about blackberry. About its features, helping people out etc. If you want/need certain apps which are not on BB, then instead of coming here and threatening us with leaving you should buy what meets your needs. No harm in wanting certain apps and features. I'm happy with my berry as I don't need Zinio, Amex etc. If you need them and BB doesn't have it move on already. Why come to a BB fan site which has people registered here simply because they like the BB as is. We might be wrong,"behind the time" etc but we like it. That why we have BBs and that's why we are here on this site. If people jump on you because of your whiney post then that's to be expected.
    Because apps, or lack thereof, are going to play a major role in the success/failure of BB 10. Lack of key apps is one of the reasons why RIM is currently in the mess that they are in, and if BB 10 launches without key apps it is going to be a failure, no matter how good the hardware/software is.
    04-22-12 04:04 PM
    Yea, instead of blaming RIM for not having an amex app blame amex. I love BlackBerry, and I don't have any apps other than instant messaging apps already available in App World.
    Blame AMEX? Why? I don't blame a company for not developing for a fragmented line of phones and an OS that is going to be pretty much obsolete by the end of the year. The lack of apps is on RIM, not developers.
    04-22-12 04:06 PM
    Blame AMEX? Why? I don't blame a company for not developing for a fragmented line of phones and an OS that is going to be pretty much obsolete by the end of the year. The lack of apps is on RIM, not developers.
    Don't blame anyone. Just get whatever works for you. But no need to come and crap all over a BB fan site. If one does crap, then be ready to have that crap thrown back at you. BB is what it is. It works for some, it doesn't work for some. I don't need/want an iPhone or Android. They don't serve my purpose and there are a lot of things they don't do which I want a phone to do. So I don't buy them. But trust me I don't register at iPhone and Android forums and tell the members there how foolish they are for holding onto a device that doesn't work for ME.

I don't want a single app that the OP mentioned in his post. If I did I would have bought the phone which does have those apps and I wouldn't be here on CRACKBERRY.COM posting stuff.
    04-22-12 04:11 PM
    I think I speak for most people here when I say...

Nobody cares.
    04-22-12 04:18 PM
    Now check out this rhetoric, lol. "Fragmented line of phones," "obsolete by the end of the year" ... Do you even own a BlackBerry or are you just one of these paid RIM bashers? Stay with itoy.
    04-22-12 04:21 PM
    Like said before, its not rims fault these aren't on there. Its those companies choosing to not make the app. You need to email or call the companies to convince them to make them.
    04-22-12 04:26 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD