I really get tired of ppl talking negatively about their BBs in the forums. There are improvements that each and every device/manufacture could use. But you know what - at the end of the day - I love my Berry.

Seriously. I fell into the trap and moved over to a Droid Eris. It came by FedEx on Tuesday afternoon, by Friday night I had reactivated by Tour.

The Droid was "neat" and did a lot of "fun" things but ****, I'm 33 not 13. My Berry does EXACTLY what I need it to do. And it does it well 90% of the time. There are basic items about my BB that I just love - most importantly the keyboard/buttons and a battery that doesn't need to be charged more than once a day (if that). I realize now that I am more than satisfied with the efficiency, customization, and overall performance of my phone. Yes, there are improvements that I'd like to see with my device but I can also say that about LIFE, lol.

If you love your Berry make sure you tell it everyday

-k
    06-27-10 09:37 AM
    If you go to any other forum for any other platform there are negative threads about those phones as well. It's not just a blackberry thing.
    06-27-10 11:30 AM
    I really get tired of ppl talking negatively about their BBs in the forums. There are improvements that each and every device/manufacture could use. But you know what - at the end of the day - I love my Berry.

Seriously. I fell into the trap and moved over to a Droid Eris. It came by FedEx on Tuesday afternoon, by Friday night I had reactivated by Tour.

The Droid was "neat" and did a lot of "fun" things but ****, I'm 33 not 13. My Berry does EXACTLY what I need it to do. And it does it well 90% of the time. There are basic items about my BB that I just love - most importantly the keyboard/buttons and a battery that doesn't need to be charged more than once a day (if that). I realize now that I am more than satisfied with the efficiency, customization, and overall performance of my phone. Yes, there are improvements that I'd like to see with my device but I can also say that about LIFE, lol.

If you love your Berry make sure you tell it everyday

-k
    I agree, never relly found a problem on a BB I couldn't live with, however I have had a couple of other smartphone's I refused to waste more than 2 hour's on.
    06-27-10 11:39 AM
    If you go to any other forum for any other platform there are negative threads about those phones as well. It's not just a blackberry thing.
    You're right! I've noticed that as well. There's no perfect phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-10 11:54 AM
    i agree...i am tired of the "i hate my BB convince me to stay" threads or the "why isnt my BB an iphone" posts...enough is enough, give it a rest already....#teamblackberry
    06-27-10 12:00 PM
    Android devices are in their early stages of development and there are a lot of simple features that they don't have such as the ability to enlarge fonts in one major one for me. Also it takes more steps to complete a task then it does on a blackberry. But one thing I have saying for some time is rim needs to play catch up or android will dominate the market for sure.

06-27-10 12:37 PM
    Tis true. People love to complain and be negative. About anything. And everything. Never said it was just a BB thing - but since I have a BB (and no longer a Droid!) I mainly give a POV based on my readings in these here forums

-k
    06-27-10 03:59 PM
    You're right! I've noticed that as well. There's no perfect phone.

Exactly - hence my reason for this topic
    06-27-10 04:00 PM
    Android devices are in their early stages of development and there are a lot of simple features that they don't have such as the ability to enlarge fonts in one major one for me. Also it takes more steps to complete a task then it does on a blackberry. But one thing I have saying for some time is rim needs to play catch up or android will dominate the market for sure.

You make a valid point about Android in the early stages. It seems to me that everything Google touches turns into consumer gold and I think that's largely due to the fact that they promote creativity and employee ideas.

With the Eris I cannot put my finger on whether it was the PHONE or the OS I was mainly disappointed with. That being said, I do think it's beneficial that RIM is in control of the hardware AND the software.
    06-27-10 04:05 PM
    With the Eris I cannot put my finger on whether it was the PHONE or the OS I was mainly disappointed with. That being said, I do think it's beneficial that RIM is in control of the hardware AND the software.
    The Eris was outdated when it was released. Slow, first-gen hardware that paled in comparison to the Droid's second-gen hardware.
    06-27-10 05:59 PM
    Or forums on anything for that matter.
    06-27-10 06:08 PM
    Or forums on anything for that matter.
    True. There will always be trolls out to there instantly creating negativity in anything positive someone has to say, usually because they're insecure and need to make themselves feel superior. Here, we have driod/iphone trolls, insecure in their switch to inferior devices so they feel the need to come here and create negativity. If they were truly happy and content with their devices they wouldn't be here bashing the BB, they'd be on the respective droid or iphone sites with people who actually feel the same they do about their devices. The fact that they come here only shows their insecurities about their choice.
    06-28-10 09:23 AM
    If they were truly happy and content with their devices they wouldn't be here bashing the BB, they'd be on the respective droid or iphone sites with people who actually feel the same they do about their devices. The fact that they come here only shows their insecurities about their choice.
    I couldn't agree with you more. Especially the ones that come back trolling on a daily basis.
    Perhaps they should create a sub forum called Phone War or Platform War. Then let the BlackBerry vs Android vs iPhone fanboys duke it out. All phone vs phone threads should be moved there so we don't have to sift through all of them in order to get to useful BlackBerry topics.

06-28-10 09:39 AM
    True. There will always be trolls out to there instantly creating negativity in anything positive someone has to say, usually because they're insecure and need to make themselves feel superior. Here, we have driod/iphone trolls, insecure in their switch to inferior devices so they feel the need to come here and create negativity. If they were truly happy and content with their devices they wouldn't be here bashing the BB, they'd be on the respective droid or iphone sites with people who actually feel the same they do about their devices. The fact that they come here only shows their insecurities about their choice.
    You talk about insecurity when the title of this thread is "I love my bb"? Feeling bad about your bb? Come and share your stories in my bb support thread! How insecure is that?
    06-28-10 09:53 AM
    You talk about insecurity when the title of this thread is "I love my bb"? Feeling bad about your bb? Come and share your stories in my bb support thread! How insecure is that?
    And right on cue, look who shows up.

06-28-10 11:41 AM
    Well considering this is a BB site, I would say not at all. The insecurities lie in those who come here with the droid/iphone superiority complex. If they were happy with their phones they wouldn't feel the need to come here and bash BBs on a BB site. Flat out trolling.
    06-28-10 02:09 PM
    Well considering this is a BB site, I would say not at all. The insecurities lie in those who come here with the droid/iphone superiority complex. If they were happy with their phones they wouldn't feel the need to come here and bash BBs on a BB site. Flat out trolling.
    Totally agree. I get my Bold 9700 on Wednesday and then I say goodbye to my iPhone. Not once, while I was an iPhone user, did I even consider coming to a BB site. Why would I? And if I would have, I certainly wouldn't have trolled about how good my iPhone is...pure silliness.
    06-28-10 02:18 PM
    Totally agree. I get my Bold 9700 on Wednesday and then I say goodbye to my iPhone. Not once, while I was an iPhone user, did I even consider coming to a BB site. Why would I? And if I would have, I certainly wouldn't have trolled about how good my iPhone is...pure silliness.
    What if you happen to have 2 phones. One being a bb because you have to have it for work and the other an android/iphone/whatever? Are you not allowed on here to vent frustrations about your bb?
    06-28-10 02:51 PM
    What if you happen to have 2 phones. One being a bb because you have to have it for work and the other an android/iphone/whatever? Are you not allowed on here to vent frustrations about your bb?
    Thank you! Fanboys are so defensive!
    06-28-10 08:27 PM
    In that case, why vent here? Why not vent on the Apple or droid forums with people who will sympathize with you?

Honestly, I really don't care if you insist on ranting here, but PLEASE keep it to a single thread or even five. It is incredibly annoying to have to sift through twenty + threads in multiple subforums just to find the actual useful information.
    06-28-10 08:37 PM
    In that case, why vent here? Why not vent on the Apple or droid forums with people who will sympathize with you?
    My guess is because they don't get a response in those forums!
    I posted 3 topics/threads in the forum on AndroidCentral and not a one was answered. Nothing. Nada. Zip! It made me miss you CrackHeads even more

This is and awesome community and I've learned a ton here.

-k
    06-28-10 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD