I have been Blackberry user for a while now, and yes i think blackberry's are amazing phones, email, text, media, ect...

However I am a little confused on how people call blackberry the king of email. Blackberry only pulls email every 15 minutes (If your running BIS), where as windows mobile syncs directly to the server and the email is instantanious. Windows Mobile also allows you to control which folder your email goes in to, you can move emails from folder to folder.

And when it comes to wireless sync of contacts, tasks, memos, notes, windows media also seems to be one step ahead of blackberry. If you make a contact correction on your WM phone it will immediately be changed on your Microsoft Outlook, with out hooking it up to any cradle or cable.

I know this thread seems like I am bashing the BB, i am not at all...I will always chose a BB over a WM anyday.

I guess my question is why is all of this possible with WM and not BB
    12-22-08 07:12 PM
    which email are you using because mine come to my bb before it even hits my yahoo account on my pc
    12-22-08 07:14 PM
    I get my email instantly. Not sure what youre doing.
    12-22-08 07:15 PM
    Another instantaneous email receiver here.
    12-22-08 07:17 PM
    which email are you using because mine come to my bb before it even hits my yahoo account on my pc
    With Microsoft Outlook it is delayed 15 minutes... I talked to Verizon Tech support, and then they transfered me to Blackberry Tech support. They said the Microsoft Outlook will take 15 min, where as yahoo, gmail, hotmaill will be instant..

My gmail, and yahoo are instant..
    12-22-08 07:17 PM
    RIM not = Microsoft. I would take BB any day though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 07:19 PM
    How are you getting BIS so quickly? Have your "other" account forward to your blackberry.net account?

12-22-08 07:19 PM
    How are you getting BIS so quickly? Have your "other" account forward to your blackberry.net account?

I have thought about that, but when i reply to an email that has been forwarded to me, it will show my blackberry.net email address.. Sometimes i am sending emails that wouldn't look professional if it showed i was sending them from my bb.
    12-22-08 07:24 PM
    I get my email instant as well. Business and personal.
    12-22-08 07:24 PM
    I get my email instant as well. Business and personal.
    Do you use microsoft outlook??
    12-22-08 07:25 PM
    I don't know what you're doing wrong but bb is the king of email because it takes not even a second to get my emails they pop up instantly everytime on every one of my email address its super fast you should have that checked out bb blows wm out!!!
    12-22-08 07:28 PM
    You can configure your blackberry.net account so replies look just like they came from your original account.

12-22-08 07:29 PM
    I don't understand how people are getting BIS so fast. My mail host is roadrunner, a standard POP3 account. When that is set up in BIS the BB only pulls from it every 15 minutes and I've been told there is no way to change that.

12-22-08 07:32 PM
    I don't know what you're doing wrong but bb is the king of email because it takes not even a second to get my emails they pop up instantly everytime on every one of my email address its super fast you should have that checked out bb blows wm out!!!
    When it comes to Yahoo, Gmail, hotmail, and all those other email domains, yes they are kings... But when it comes to Microsoft Outlook there is a 15 min delay. I have talked to honest to god probably 6 BB tech supports..
    Do you use microsoft outlook??
    One office I work out of does but don't ask me to understand a system I see once a month. lol.
    One office I work out of does but don't ask me to understand a system I see once a month. lol.
    so then you dont really know if it is come in instantly?? next time you are sitting at your computer with your outlook open, send your self a test email from another one of your email accounts (gmail, yahoo, hotmail, whatever) and you will see what we are talking about.. There is a 15 min delay, and all the techs say there is nothing you can do about it
    12-22-08 07:35 PM
    Like I was saying, from your BIS login you can edit your blackberry.net account settings to change the reply-to and sig and such so when you send from there it can look like it came from your original account. That allows having that forwarded so you get instant push.

The down side is you can't delete e-mails from the original POP3 account via your BB unless it's also set up in BIS. You either get stuck with duplicates on the BB (if both accounts are on BIS) or else with copies on the original account that pile up until you access them from your PC.

I guess web accounts like Hotmail are special cases?

12-22-08 08:00 PM
    BIS Push is not even close to the "King of Email". I like my Curve, but the BlackBerry is not as great as some people here want to think. Battery life on the BlackBerry is amazing. Email is minimal. Flexmail4 on Windows Mobile give instant delivery with full folder support and can store your mail databases on your memory card so you don't have to worry about running out of device memory.

I'm not saying that I don't like my BlackBerry, but it's not the King.

12-22-08 08:51 PM
    When it comes to Yahoo, Gmail, hotmail, and all those other email domains, yes they are kings... But when it comes to Microsoft Outlook there is a 15 min delay. I have talked to honest to god probably 6 BB tech supports..
    Just to clarify here, "Microsoft Outlook" is not an email provider, it is simply an email client, as is Thunderbird for exmaple. If a tech is telling you Outlook has a 15 minute delay this is incorrect and they do not understand what they are telling you.

That being said, who is your actual email provider? Are you using POP3 or IMAP? If you are unsure take a look in your account settings in Outlook, you might be able to find some indication there.
    Last edited by Shao128; 12-22-08 at 09:15 PM.
    12-22-08 09:10 PM
    Just to clarify here, "Microsoft Outlook" is not an email provider, it is simply an email client, as is Thunderbird for exmaple. If a tech is telling you Outlook has a 15 minute delay this is incorrect and they do not understand what they are telling you.

That being said, who is your actual email provider? Are you using POP3 or IMAP? If you are unsure take a look in your account settings in Outlook, you might be able to find some indication there.
    I am not sure who my email provider or wether it is a POP3 or IMAP.. Which one does it need to me in order to make my email delivery instant.

12-23-08 12:57 AM
    BB mail & hotmail are instantanious.
    12-23-08 01:01 AM
    Spinny,
    Roadrunner is the reason you're getting the 15 minute delays. The @xx.rr.com domain is and always will be a pathetic oversold joke. I was never happier the day I dumped Roadrunner.

12-23-08 03:07 AM
    Definitely receiving instant email
    12-23-08 05:01 AM
    Dont know where U heard that it only gets email every 15 minutes. My BB receives email from 3 GMail accounts and gets in almost instantly!
    12-23-08 05:58 AM
    I get instantaneous gmail, aol, hotmail, and yahoo emails to my BlackBerry. Sometimes faster than it gets to my host email accounts.

12-23-08 07:21 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD