you know why? because they're the only good smartphone with a keyboard. i love it!!!! i hope they don't start to phase them out. i absolutley despise touch screens. that's just me. but i just get so frustrated with touchscreens want to throw them out a window! i may be old school. but i just love buttons. haha. hence the fact i really don't like the look of these new tablets (sp?).

is anyone else with me on the old school keyboards and buttons? lol
    beasy910 likes this.
    12-15-10 12:52 PM
    When communications means putting thoughs into words, the BlackBerry Keyboards are second to none.

I had a Curve at first, but switched to the Pearl for the pocket friendly form factor. Hip mounted has it's place, but the always there in the shirt pocket FTW!

12-15-10 01:12 PM
    aw i loved the 8120 but they don't sell it anywhere in the UK anymore :'( i loved the glowy trackball! i'm glad you agree :]
    12-15-10 01:29 PM
    you know why? because they're the only good smartphone with a keyboard. i love it!!!! i hope they don't start to phase them out. i absolutley despise touch screens. that's just me. but i just get so frustrated with touchscreens want to throw them out a window! i may be old school. but i just love buttons. haha. hence the fact i really don't like the look of these new tablets (sp?).

is anyone else with me on the old school keyboards and buttons? lol
    A combination of touch screen and keyboard is the best way to go, then you get the ease of navigating through documents, pages, zooming (pinch to zoom), and still have a physical keyboard.

I think for example, the 9650 Bold combined with a decent touch screen would be a good form factor I wouldn't mind seeing. Or a Storm with a horizontal slider (aka a form factor similar to my Droid 2) and without surepress, but rather just a regular touch screen.

Touch screen is one of the improvements it's going to take to get me back in Black(berry)...
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 12-15-10 at 03:27 PM.
    12-15-10 03:24 PM
  5. T
    I love BlackBerry for the reasons stated, too. I also love the device's security features (password, the way the device will wipe itself if the allowed amount of password attempts is exceeded, content protection, password keeper), desktop manager, and BIS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-10 03:33 PM
    yeah you're right sandman.. if i ever have to upgrade i'd probably go for the torch, but your bold/touch screen idea sounds well better!! and yeah i love them things too Tonis :]
    12-15-10 03:55 PM
    I love my touchscreen Torch, but I do NOT like typing on a touchscreen. I gotta have that keyboard. The Torch is the perfect combo for me!
    12-15-10 03:57 PM
    haha well my mum's more updated than me and has a torch!! she doesn't know how to use it tho, such a waste of a Blackberry!! lol
    12-15-10 04:02 PM
    i just got my first blackberry. i almost got a droid but then realized that i don't even really want one. plus all my friends have one. it's like a trend. my brother got the droid 2 and after comparing the two i love my blackberry. i'm addicted, sooo happy i chose blackberry.
    12-15-10 06:22 PM
    yay another blackberry fan!! welcome hehe xxx
    12-15-10 11:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD