I have an old BB 8310 and lost my messenger. the only one I can find is v 5 and it's not compatible - HELP!! How do I get it back????
    04-27-11 05:09 PM
    What were you doing before you lost BBM? We will need more details in order to troubleshoot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-11 05:12 PM
    If you are familiar with Desktop Manager you can load it if you have the OS installed on your computer.

It would be under applications. Put a check mark by BlackBerry Messenger and it will install.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-11 06:15 PM
    I have never used the desktop manager. I installed it and synced and I was asked if I wanted to update which of course I did. Well, nothing updated - I was told the device was not compatible. The BBM icon is gone but still listed in the applications lists. But it does not function. Someone tried to message me, then sent me an SMS saying they could not reach me. I did however get an invitation to download BBM. when I did it defaulted to v 5 but again I got a "not compatible with this device" message.
    04-28-11 06:54 AM
    Go to BlackBerry App World with your phone's browser and it will find the correct version of BBM for you to download
    04-28-11 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD