I wish rim would bring out a big *** phone with a massive screen, comfortable keyboard and lots of memory+ built in office application for editing documents. I think the ideal size would be similar or larger then nokia E61.

I want a true laptop alternative where I can open spreadsheets, edit them and then backup them on my desktop when I get home

Anybody agree?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 11:30 AM
    It's called a netbook, you can find them almost anywhere.
    08-19-09 11:37 AM
    Nope, I want rim to make one that can do phone too. I'm on a motorcycle all day every day and I already have too many things to charge before work, phone, gps, laptop, bluetooth headset etc

It would be good if rim can sell me a device that can do all those things.

I'm afraid I can't go back to other smartphones after trying blackberry, the email is soooo good and fast.

I might be a bit of an exception tho

08-19-09 11:43 AM
    So you want a RIM netbook is what you're saying, with a phone.

I can't see the use of a phone in such a large device though, the only practical way to use the phone is bluetooth headset or wired headset. From a marketing point of view it will never happen.

And I think you are one of the only exceptions here.
    08-19-09 11:51 AM
    I'd have to agree with Radius.

The device you're describing is painting a visualization for me of a device that is too bulky to be transported conveniently (without a case/bag). That will be a deal-breaker the majority of users.

The answer you want is "netbook w/some 3g pcmcia card + some other tiny tiny phone"
    08-19-09 11:56 AM
    Sorry, what I meant was I want a blackberry phone similar or bigger to nokia e61 that has the capabilities of a netbook out of the box, not having to install and buy applications, I just use spreadsheets and pdf for my work really and most of all email, and I have to hear it come in and read it fast.

I had a nokia e61 for a while and I liked the size and form of it. Slightly bigger would be ideal.

What were the older blackberrys like size wise ? Never seen one but from the pics I see on the net they looked massive

08-19-09 11:59 AM
    I agree with the rest....sounds like a netbook!
    08-19-09 12:04 PM
    That actually might work for me, assuming netbooks don't run vista would outlook express sync well with bis & imap? Windows mail from vista can't sync the calendar, just contacts.

Don't worry guys, I know I'm a bit of an exception, and man I got some stick when I had the e61, my wife called it my calculator

08-19-09 12:12 PM
    The perfect size would be the Bold! RIM needs to come out with a BB the same size and dimensions as the Bold....
    08-19-09 12:18 PM
    That actually might work for me, assuming netbooks don't run vista would outlook express sync well with bis & imap? Windows mail from vista can't sync the calendar, just contacts.

Don't worry guys, I know I'm a bit of an exception, and man I got some stick when I had the e61, my wife called it my calculator

Windows 7 RTM.

Which doesn't actually come with a native mail application, I'm told.

Just use Thunderbird or something else that is open source. I bet you'll find BB compatibility there.
    08-19-09 12:19 PM
    belfast i agree with you. i am still using my old pocketpc with my blackberry. i too had a e61! i loved that phone. and if i could get the e61i to work for verizon, the blackberry would be in the drawer collecting dust
    08-19-09 12:21 PM
    E61 actually supported bis, it was working ok but not as good as my 8320 and no BBM

08-19-09 12:24 PM
    Storm 3 maybe? LTE, wifi slide out keyboard and tons of app memory? These are dream specs and in no way represent anything RIM has planned for the storm 3.

08-19-09 12:25 PM
    pkcable yes and yes, and amen
    08-19-09 12:26 PM
    Straight answer: Most users would not find the size appealing and generally would perfer to edit docs on a laptop or PC.

Smart a$$ answer: Netbook and hot glue your BB to the top.

Sorry I have a mean streak today and lashed out.
    08-19-09 12:27 PM
    Straight answer: Most users would not find the size appealing and generally would prefer to edit docs on a laptop or PC.

Prob that's why the e61 didn't sell that well although it did have some serious shortcoming ie no spell check, no gps, a bit slow etc
    Smart a$$ answer: Netbook and hot glue your BB to the top.

Lol, why didn't I think of that?

Sorry I have a mean streak today and lashed out.
    There's another thread on this forum about the older blackberrys and if I could have the top left one in the photo but with bolds functions I would buy it tomorrow

08-19-09 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD