The alcohol trick is the preferred way to revive a wet BB, as it removes contaminants, that the water leaves behind in your device that are actually more harmful than the water itself. You take pure alcohol 90% or better, the closer to 100% the better (96% is what you are likely to find in the hardware or home store), and clean it out as much as possible with it, disassembled as much as possible. THEN let it dry for a while, and the rice trick can be employed at this point, or better yet the silica gel pack trick. Or just let it air dry, as alcohol will dry faster than water anyways.

Here's one of several threads on it.....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ht-way-318876/
    06-30-10 03:14 PM
    lol @ prada

Thanks for clearing that up pk! I hope I never have to use it lol
    06-30-10 03:21 PM
    Just sold my curve 8330 on craigslist, you can check that out
    06-30-10 03:49 PM
    No, leave it in the car like a sane, non-addicted, don't always have to have my
    electronic appendage user does. Surely 2 hours without your phone wont kill you.
    How did you know that was me?!
    06-30-10 04:19 PM
    How did you know that was me?!
    SWAG - Sophisticated Wild As_ Guess
    06-30-10 04:37 PM
    I don't think he means in the bathroom in general, I think he means why do people insist on pulling out their bb's while in the bathroom. I carry mine in too, but I don't hold it while taking a leak.
    The only time mine has fallen into the toilet is when it was in my pocket....

electronic appendage user does. Surely 2 hours without your phone wont kill you.
    I have kids so when I go to the movies (or wherever) I need to have it on me on vibrate in case something happens. So I would be one of those who has it with me in a theatre.

I've heard of the rice trick...

There's a trick involving alcohol?

Do Ping Pong balls get involved?
    It would be more fun in ping pong balls were involved.
    06-30-10 04:40 PM
    I have kids so when I go to the movies (or wherever) I need to have it on me on vibrate in case something happens. So I would be one of those who has it with me in a theatre.
    I do too. I also have people I can trust with their care and who know how
    to handle any emergency that may arise. If it is serious they all know where
    I am and one of them will come get me.

I love that I have a better class of friends than a better class of phone
    06-30-10 04:57 PM
    I do too. I also have people I can trust with their care and who know how
    to handle any emergency that may arise. If it is serious they all know where
    I am and one of them will come get me.

I love that I have a better class of friends than a better class of phone
    I also have people who I trust with my kids and can handle an emergency and also know where they can find me. But I hate leaving my kids to begin with and I feel better knowing that whoever they are with can get a hold of me quickly if something does happen. It is a comfort thing for me. I don't think that makes me a bad person or a crazy person for having me bb on me when at the movies because of that.
    06-30-10 05:25 PM
    Ditto to MissJennell. I also need my phone with me 24/7 due to my mother's
    health. I might ignore calls from friends, but not my family members.
    06-30-10 05:30 PM
    checked ebay and it's nothing but a slew of bad esn's, it appears that the marketing forums are a little outdated when it comes to the sprint bb's, i download ABC and i keep getting an error message and I am not sure why and I went on craigslist, found a good deal and then the guy asked me to dinner and I hear going on dates fueled by craigslist aren't safe... so Bella (my blackberry) is still in a pile of rice and I am praying for a miracle of any form.
    06-30-10 05:35 PM
    I also have people who I trust with my kids and can handle an emergency and also know where they can find me. But I hate leaving my kids to begin with and I feel better knowing that whoever they are with can get a hold of me quickly if something does happen. It is a comfort thing for me. I don't think that makes me a bad person or a crazy person for having me bb on me when at the movies because of that.
    I never said you were a bad person nor did I say you were crazy. I expressed
    my personal view and it was not meant as transferable to any other individual.

You do what you do because that is what feels right. I do the same.
    06-30-10 05:38 PM
    Thanks for turning this into the Daycare Network guys
    06-30-10 05:41 PM
    Here's a different link for ABC. Free download ABC Amber BlackBerry Convertor I can't download anything to my work
    computer... so, I can't test the link.
    06-30-10 05:42 PM
    I never said you were a bad person nor did I say you were crazy. I expressed
    my personal view and it was not meant as transferable to any other individual.

You do what you do because that is what feels right. I do the same.
    In your earlier post you said you leave your bb in your car because you are a sane non-addicted person. I was simply clarifying that I was sane and I am not addicted. The reason I have my bb on me at all times is because of my kids.
    06-30-10 05:53 PM
    In your earlier post you said you leave your bb in your car because you are a sane non-addicted person. I was simply clarifying that I was sane and I am not addicted. The reason I have my bb on me at all times is because of my kids.
    Not quite. Reread the post, I never said ME. I was addressing someone I
    knew would get the joke (and his subsequent post proves that out.) You
    basically took a single post (not directed to you) and made it personal to you.
    It wasn't. Lighten up.
    06-30-10 06:08 PM
    I'm not sure what your price range is but I google'd "sprint blackberry, "craigslist"" and here just a few of the results

Sprint BlackBerry 8530 (Black)

Sprint BlackBerry Curve no contract

Sprint Blackberry 8330

Hope i helped
    06-30-10 06:09 PM
    Not quite. Reread the post, I never said ME. I was addressing someone I
    knew would get the joke (and his subsequent post proves that out.) You
    basically took a single post (not directed to you) and made it personal to you.
    It wasn't. Lighten up.
    I don't take much personal, especially online, I was simply pointing out that not everyone who has there phone with them more often than not is insane or arent normal. That was all.
    06-30-10 10:03 PM
    I don't take much personal, especially online, I was simply pointing out that not everyone who has there phone with them more often than not is insane or arent normal. That was all.
    You are all insane. I was once but I take meds now. A lot. In fact I am so stoned all the time I can barely function but the anger issues are gone and I really like orange cheese. Damn I love orange cheese. What gives? I have a wedge with me now.

Why are there spiders on me? They seem to come from under my skin.

I need more drugs. Good ones.
    06-30-10 10:48 PM
    Welp, I worked something out with someone. Thank you to everyone who helped me out!! I appreciate you
    07-01-10 12:11 AM
    Here's a different link for ABC. Free download ABC Amber BlackBerry Convertor I can't download anything to my work
    computer... so, I can't test the link.
    This link works if you try to download ABC converter.
    07-01-10 12:21 AM
    Glad you got it worked out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-10 02:50 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD