Last night, while at the movies, I dropped my crackberry in the toilet I have service through sprint and the insurance I have on my phone doesn't cover water damage and I can't afford to buy a new one at the moment. Does anyone have a sprint blackberry they aren't using? My model was an 8330 so I am in no way looking for something beyond that, I just don't want to lose all the numbers and info I have saved on my desktop. Any suggestions?
    06-30-10 12:39 PM
    Take a look @ the marketplace
    06-30-10 12:46 PM
    Ouch that sucks!

You can have a look here and see if you find anything. http://forums.crackberry.com/f14/ I just picked up an 8330 on Sprint for $65 shipped, mint condition.

You can also post a thread in that forum for a WTB (want to buy) and tell people what you're looking for.

You also can check out craigslist to see if there are any deals. Always make sure to check the ESN number to make sure its clean and cleared for sale.
    06-30-10 12:47 PM
    Oh, and there is always ebay. You never know, you may get a hit
    06-30-10 12:51 PM
    Last night, while at the movies, I dropped my crackberry in the toilet I have service through sprint and the insurance I have on my phone doesn't cover water damage and I can't afford to buy a new one at the moment. Does anyone have a sprint blackberry they aren't using? My model was an 8330 so I am in no way looking for something beyond that, I just don't want to lose all the numbers and info I have saved on my desktop. Any suggestions?
    If you mean that you have a backup of your contacts on your PC, you can download a utility
    called ABC Amber Blackberry Converter ABC Amber BlackBerry Converter - Download to open the
    .ipd file and then save to a Word or Excel or other type of file.

Sorry to hear about the accident with your phone....
    Last edited by TequilaAddict; 06-30-10 at 12:57 PM.
    06-30-10 12:54 PM
    You can always check Craigslist.
    06-30-10 12:56 PM
    You SURE that the insurance does not cover water? Usually Asurion (the provider most cell companies use) does.
    06-30-10 01:01 PM
    You SURE that the insurance does not cover water? Usually Asurion (the provider most cell companies use) does.
    Asurion does, I know that first hand... Damn slippery beer glass.

My buddy got his 8520 off of craigslist... try that out and see what you come up with.
    06-30-10 01:04 PM
    Reminds me of that Seinfeld episode, the one where George couldn't return the book because it had been used in a bathroom!
    06-30-10 01:11 PM
    I dropped my last bb in the toilet and I took the battery off and let the device sit in the windows seal for a day or so then it worked fine from then on

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-10 01:12 PM
    Hahahaha... Then how it becomes "flagged".... Great episode!

My question to the OP is.... did you end up fishing it out? Or did you leave it?
    06-30-10 01:13 PM
    I keep asking but never get an answer but I will try again:

WTH do people insist on taking their phone into places such as the bathroom? Surely
    the potential for water damage should outweigh having the phone with you
    every damn where.
    06-30-10 01:20 PM
    I spilled water on my 8330 when I had it (almost 2 years ago) and took the battery out right away and did the alcohol trick and it is still being used (not by me) today!
    06-30-10 01:21 PM
    I keep asking but never get and answer but I will try again:

WTH do people insist on taking their phone into places such as the bathroom? Surely
    every damn where.
    Because we're stupid
    06-30-10 01:28 PM
    :O thank you! that's awesome!
    06-30-10 02:25 PM
    I spilled water on my 8330 when I had it (almost 2 years ago) and took the battery out right away and did the alcohol trick and it is still being used (not by me) today!
    Not to hijack but what is the alcohol trick? just used the rice trick myself
    06-30-10 02:27 PM
    I keep asking but never get an answer but I will try again:

every damn where.
    Because if you are in the movie theater what are you gonna do? Leave it in the lobby? I just leave it in my pocket until I'm done.
    06-30-10 02:29 PM
    Because we're stupid
    ... let the record show this is my 3rd blackberry destruction, first water offense...
    06-30-10 02:45 PM
    Because if you are in the movie theater what are you gonna do? Leave it in the lobby? I just leave it in my pocket until I'm done.
    I don't think he means in the bathroom in general, I think he means why do people insist on pulling out their bb's while in the bathroom. I carry mine in too, but I don't hold it while taking a leak.
    06-30-10 02:48 PM
    Hahahaha... Then how it becomes "flagged".... Great episode!

My question to the OP is.... did you end up fishing it out? Or did you leave it?
    Luckily, it was "pre-pee" so I instinctively reached in there and grabbed my prized possession... *sigh* my life just isn't the same without it...
    06-30-10 02:51 PM
    OP, did you get the phone insured through Sprint? If it is then it's definetly Asurion.
    Asurion covers water damage.
    06-30-10 02:56 PM
    That does suck hope you get it sorted out could not go without my blackberry even for a minute.
    06-30-10 03:05 PM
    No, leave it in the car like a sane, non-addicted, don't always have to have my
    electronic appendage user does. Surely 2 hours without your phone wont kill you.
    06-30-10 03:06 PM
    Not a very good suggestion... I wouldn't leave a nokia dumbphone in the car if I had one (especially in 100 degree weather). Nothing to do with bb's...
    06-30-10 03:09 PM
    I've heard of the rice trick...

There's a trick involving alcohol?

Do Ping Pong balls get involved?
    06-30-10 03:13 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD