I just got a Storm last week and have been using the internet a lot. I just now noticed Verizon has two different kinds of data plans.

Is the $30 that's required for BB's an unlimited data plan?

I've been using opera mini, not the pre-installed browser if that makes any difference
    10-18-09 12:14 AM
    sorta. It's unlimited as long as you don't make it seem like you're using it to tether to your computer. Ie., as long as you stay under a limit, it's unlimited. hahhahahaeehehee .. er.. yeah.
    10-18-09 12:40 AM
    Errrr, that doesn't make sense
    10-18-09 01:05 AM
    Verizon has 2 data plans. The $30 is for BIS (personal use)
    The higher priced plan (I think it is $45 or $49) is for BES
    (corporate use on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server)

Irrespective of which you are on VZW WILL NOT sell you a BB without
    one or the other.

As long as your service is unlimited, the browser you use matters not.
    10-18-09 01:10 AM
    the higher priced plan is "more unlimited" than the lower price plan. They're both unlimited, but the lower priced one has a lower limit, you see.
    10-18-09 01:18 AM
    As far as I know with verizon and att, both bis and bes are unlimited. Now if you are tethering, there is a 5 GB limit.

Cheers,
    Charlie
    10-18-09 03:18 AM
    that's my point: you're not supposed to tether on VZ's $30 plan. How they can tell is through a limit on the unlimited amount that, if exceeded, creates a (rebuttable?) presumption that you are exceeding the unlimited limit through tethering. See?
    10-18-09 03:23 AM
    the higher priced plan is "more unlimited" than the lower price plan. They're both unlimited, but the lower priced one has a lower limit, you see.
    I think this statement made less sense than your first one

But I got my answer from the other posters, thanks
    10-18-09 06:03 AM
    theirs weren't as accurate as mine, though. For example, you're not supposed to tether at all in the $30 plan.
    10-18-09 06:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD