I have been reading Crackberry for a couple of years now, and judging by the user comments and actual participants, they NEED to get off their *** tomorrow, not in the coming years.

This site used to have all kinds of people rejoicing and praising their devices at the slightest software upgrade made available. Now, a handful of people post and those that do mostly shrug their shoulders and proclaim how the last few upgrades made their phone ****tier so thanks but no thanks.

One big meh fest.

This site, which was meant to be a place where BB owners came to get their love for the devices they love, now it's a place of endless complaints about how deficient the devices are or Rims progress is.

Honestly, if this is taking place on Crackberry, the number one place for us Fanboys, one wonders about the absolute disaster that awaits this company ahead.

I have had every model, (cept Pearl, ugghhh), I have praised my BB's and converted many a people to come to the good side. But in the last year, that is very difficult to do. In fact, lately I find myself quite angry at the CEO's that are destroying the company they built and have put my way of organizing my life, which is very very dependent on my BB device at risk of vanishing due to their creative and logistical incompetence.

I hope Rim is reading the overwhelming negativity here, it is IMO a bellweather marker for what is happening around them.
    05-15-11 10:48 AM
    Let me guess ... You're disgruntled because you want flash?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-11 11:24 AM
    You never know who is reading comments. Therefore it pays to be polite and diplomatic when posting.
    05-15-11 11:33 AM
    I am disgruntled for many reasons, not just flash.

For example the other day, I decided that since my Torch Browser is actually subpar, and is taking to long to properly load pages or just outright crashing, I would download my banks banking app. Only to find that Scotiabank only offers an app to IOS and not Blackberry.

That is simply ridiculous, considering I spend $260 a month for My Torch and three 9700's I am beginning to notice that I am getting crappier service and performance because I am a BB owner.

Now, if someone like me is getting very annoyed and frustrated, a lifelong Rim owner, imagine casual adopters of the platform. This website, and rightly so, is displaying what I and countless others are feeling. Grave disappointment at the performance of this once fantastic company.

I just hope Rim is paying full attention here on CB.
    05-15-11 12:01 PM
    As posted above, I think that is the number one issue w BB. Hardware is gonna be updated sometime this year. The problem is you hear about a good app, and its not supported by BB!! Really making me think twice about waiting for the Monaco which looks awesome. Yeah there will be no lag but it will be just like my storm two because it will have the same old apps. I hope something gets done w app development for OS7 cuz its getting very stale looking.

05-15-11 12:43 PM
    There are at least 2 mid-to-high level RIM employees registered on this site. They are also on Twitter. Follow them both.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f47/off...thread-569781/
    05-15-11 12:47 PM
    If they are reading it I guarantee they pass over the posters that cannot conduct themselves with maturity.
    05-15-11 01:50 PM
    There are at least 2 mid-to-high level RIM employees registered on this site. They are also on Twitter. Follow them both.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f47/off...thread-569781/
    That's cool and all, but I also just did a search and both of the handles listed have posted zero times. It would be nice to see a post every now and again. Sometimes it seems like RIM operates in a vacuum.
    05-15-11 01:52 PM
    This is a thread complaining about RIM, created by the fact that there are threads complaining about RIM.

05-15-11 02:58 PM
    Here's my thought - RIM isn't Apple or Google. Those companies strive to make a phone that is a media powerhouse with ease of use for the common person. Would it be nice if a BB had some of the bells and whistles the iPhone or a Google phone has? Sure, but we have to remember that a BB is a BB. Yes lately it seems they are buggy. So what? It's not impending my day to day life. I still work, eat, have a roof over my head, and enjoy myself. The minor quirks in my BB is pretty minor when it comes down to it.

Last edited by trav2001; 05-16-11 at 07:05 AM.
    Masahiro likes this.
    05-16-11 12:48 AM
    This is a thread complaining about RIM, created by the fact that there are threads complaining about RIM.

That was my thought exactly.
    05-16-11 06:59 AM
    That's cool and all, but I also just did a search and both of the handles listed have posted zero times. It would be nice to see a post every now and again. Sometimes it seems like RIM operates in a vacuum.
    They are both very active on Twitter. And busy.
    05-16-11 08:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD