06-07-11 03:41 AM
    They will, just give them a few years to prepare though.
    06-07-11 03:44 AM
    They will, just give them a few years to prepare though.
    That's what I am afraid of! Having to wait 3 or 4 years to get a comparable product to what Apple has available today.
    06-07-11 03:46 AM
    Last time I checked blackberry had all that stuff already. Apple is only catching up to Rim and Android.
    BBM is moving on to gaming, agumented reality and more with the upcoming 9900 and OS7

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-11 05:00 AM
    Can imessage do this:

YouTube - Wikitude Augumented Reality Browser running on BlackBerry 7 on the BlackBerry Bold 9900

06-07-11 05:10 AM
    Last time I checked blackberry had all that stuff already. Apple is only catching up to Rim and Android.
    BBM is moving on to gaming, agumented reality and more with the upcoming 9900 and OS7

Exactly right. If you ask me, Apple is the one playing catch-up when it comes to messaging and notifications. Totally pointless thread.
    andyahs likes this.
    06-07-11 06:34 AM
    Im trying to figure out if this is "trolling trash" ??????? I feel like troll bashing! Time to take out the trolling trash!!!!!

06-07-11 06:48 AM
    There are about 10 threads right now with Troll trash. Honestly it's getting out of hand. All the so call experts are getting so excited about a IM and music sync, but fail to realize that BB already offers these services.

Maybe Apple will rip off BB logo for their imessage service. They rip everything else off.
    06-07-11 07:07 AM
    Sure, there are some who see this as, "Oh, Apple is doing XXX... this is so new and cool." There will always be blind Apple followers. And, many of you are correct that iOS 5 is doing a lot of catch up to stuff that BBs already do. And, that is really the issue. When iOS 5 hits, RIM's death grip on being a messaging workhorse is going to begin to slip away. What will happen to market share, and what will happen to RIM, when what were their strengths begin to get neutralized by their competitors. How is RIM going to distinguish itself within the smartphone marketplace, when Apple and Android have clear momentum, and Windows Phone is gaining some momentum and doing some really neat stuff.

I've never been a fan of the iPhone (my wife has one), but depending upon how the phone works when she gets iOS 5, I may consider getting one. Now, I never thought that day would come.

It really is tough to understand what's been happening at RIM. They seem to have been caught flat-footed, almost in denial that consumers, and increasingly businesses, are demanding more from their phones than e-mail and messaging. BBM is really freakin' good at what it does, and is going to be better than iMessage for some time. However, BBM alone will not drive future success at RIM.
    06-07-11 07:52 AM
  10. T
    I think Apple's getting a little ahead of itself by getting into messaging. It doesn't even offer a device with a real keyboard.

06-07-11 07:55 AM
    There are about 10 threads right now with Troll trash. Honestly it's getting out of hand.
    This......
    06-07-11 08:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD