For those new to blackberry and some of the well rounded addicts...

I have come to the conclusion that the developers have to start realizing that competition is getting heavier with apps by the day and some of the prices are way to expensive for a mobile application

im+ for 50 bucks?

I mean seriously its pretty ridiculous to have to spend 50 bucks a instant messenger application...

but the thing that bothers me most is that yes you will hate me saying this
    im+ on the iPhone only costs 10 bucks...

its not quite exactly the same however its very similar and well that's quite a bit of difference in price if you ask me..
    12-05-08 05:51 AM
    I kind of agree- yeah, developping an app and maintaining it is a lot of work...but 50$ for a smartphone app seems like a lot to me. Especially since there's free versions.
    12-05-08 10:42 AM
    yes, IM+ is hugely expensive.
    I bought it a while ago when it was cheaper and still use it because its got the IM push mode, but I wouldn't pay that much for it again, especially since programs like Beejive or the free IM apps are such good competition.
    12-05-08 01:55 PM
    yes, IM+ is hugely expensive.
    I bought it a while ago when it was cheaper and still use it because its got the IM push mode, but I wouldn't pay that much for it again, especially since programs like Beejive or the free IM apps are such good competition.

yes I and am very willing to spend money on app's I truly believe that when you spend money for them it helps them develop maintain or create new apps that we all want and need... However it just seems like have come across quite a few blackberry ones that are way to high in price for what they are.
    12-05-08 02:57 PM
    I use JiveTalk....its a bit more reasonably priced.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-08 04:16 PM
    well another example is the docs to go.. proffesional version which allows you to create document's..

whats it like 79 bucks?

now I know document applications are expensive on a pc but heck on a mobile it should not be that much
    12-05-08 05:21 PM
    It's a free market.

Spend what you want, on the software that you feel is a value.

Just as when you go shopping, you can find things from "low price" to "high price". Which you buy depends on your perception of value (what it is worth to you) and what you can afford.

Something is not overpriced just because you can't afford it, or a great value just because it has the lowest price. You have to find the "best value" for your money, that is within your budget.

There is not much point in complaining that the software is to expensive for you. If you can't afford it, or don't want to spend that kind of money on something, don't. Simple as that.

If you make $50/hour, and you think in terms of someone is asking you to buy an application that tooks hundreds of hours to develop for 1 hour of your time, it puts it in perspective a bit.

You can always learn to program, download the SDKs and APIs and have at it yourself. Just as you can make your own shoes or dresses instead of buy them.

Often, if you post what kind of application you are looking for, the community will tell you what's out there, and which app is "best in class", and worth the money, as well as provide you with cheaper alternatives if budget is the primary concern.

Good luck
    12-05-08 05:41 PM
    Hi there. This is true. IM+ All-in-One Mobile Messenger costs 49.95 USD.
    Nevertheless you can get 10 USD discount if you purchase the application before the end of February using promotion certificate SHAPE10.
    So the price will be 39.95 then.
    The advantage is you'll get lifetime license, all upgrades, updates and support included.
    New IM Push mode is rather useful: "Send and receive IMs as emails and save precious battery life".
    IM+ does not have annoying advertise materials like many free apps do.

Download link.

Give it a try and use gift certificate which is also suitable for all other app by SHAPE Services
    01-20-09 05:18 AM
    For those new to blackberry and some of the well rounded addicts...

I have come to the conclusion that the developers have to start realizing that competition is getting heavier with apps by the day and some of the prices are way to expensive for a mobile application

im+ for 50 bucks?

I mean seriously its pretty ridiculous to have to spend 50 bucks a instant messenger application...

but the thing that bothers me most is that yes you will hate me saying this
    im+ on the iPhone only costs 10 bucks...

its not quite exactly the same however its very similar and well that's quite a bit of difference in price if you ask me..
    I concur. Some advice tho; just download palringo for blackberry and you can be signed in to all your I'm clients @ once and it puts contacts from all buddy lists into one list. Its free and better than spending 50 bucks. As far as Blackberry goes, I am sadly moving on. They are a little too far behind the times for me. While I love my Curve, I have no clue how to update the OS. I am still using OS 4.2 because RIM is too cheap to do OTA updates. That's ok- my G1 will be here Thursday complete with OTA updates and auto-syncs with all my google apps-perfect. Bye BerryHeads- I will still be using my Curve from time to time cuz its such a sweet phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 05:24 AM
    I too think that BlackBerry mobile apps are way overpriced. Of course it is supply and demand but also there are market forces here. A developper will try to get as much as he/she can for any piece of software.

A notable exception is DataViz's DocsToGo which at $69.99 for the Premium edition is so far overpriced as to be funny. On top of that they have the gall to charge you again for multiple downloads.

My take on procing is that if 10% of your customers moan about the price then you have it about right. More than that and you should probably look again at it. This simple rule has served me well for years.
    01-20-09 05:33 AM
    You know what really sucks? If yu have two Bold's and you have to buy the app twice! Now THAT sucks balz! Many of these app stores need to realize that many people have two phones and should give a package deal or something for those folks.
    01-20-09 07:30 AM
    You know what really sucks? If yu have two Bold's and you have to buy the app twice! Now THAT sucks balz! Many of these app stores need to realize that many people have two phones and should give a package deal or something for those folks.
    I get your point, but there is the issue of piracy. That is why a lot of BB apps
    are tied to a specific PIN. That I have no issue with.
    01-20-09 07:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD