My previous phone was an LG Chocolate. Since then, I've upgraded to the BlackBerry Storm 9530. My replacement is coming in today, and I've been looking at the World Edition, and the Curve.

The BlackBerry Bold has caught my eye, but I'm currently with Verizon. If I decide to return the Storm and go back to my LG Chocolate, my contract will end in April of 2009.

I work as an Event Coordinator, and I will be traveling a lot next year, mainly to Asia. I know my decision to get a BlackBerry was a good one, however the question of the day is, which one?

I need advice. Thank you in advance.
    12-16-08 09:51 AM
    well you just kind of answered your own question.
    you will prob need the world edition if you want it to work outside the us.
    i myself love my curve but the world edition would better suit you and your traveling needs.
    12-16-08 10:09 AM
    Thank you for your help, Eve

The verizon rep said that all the phones would work out of the U.S., but I have to call and let them know where I will be going, incase i need to unlock the Storm, if I decide to keep it. I just feel lost right now.
    Last edited by rb26naya; 12-16-08 at 10:13 AM.
    12-16-08 10:11 AM

The verizon rep said that all the phones would work out of the U.S., but I have to call and let them know where I will be going, incase i need to unlock the Storm, if I decide to keep it. I just feel lost right now.
    you were provided false information. The only blackberry that will work as out of the united states are the 8830 world edition and the blackberry storm. for both those phones you have to get a plan which is 60 or so dollars for that phone to work out of the united states.
    12-16-08 10:48 AM
    holy crap... that sucks.
    12-16-08 10:54 AM

lol i guess i need to change my sn everybody calls me eve, lol
    my name is chris, but i guess thats the price i pay for knowing the band eve6, lol
    12-16-08 11:26 AM
    lol...sorry chris. i'm naya by the way. thanks for the advice.
    12-16-08 11:53 AM
    I use the 8820 and I think you'll enjoy the 8830.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 11:55 AM
    The Only Reason I have AT&T is because of their Global network.

VZW is superior in call quality, but When it comes to Going OUT of Country, ATT Reigns Supreme.

The 88xx World Edition is just titled that. But it's definitely not for a globe trotter.

If Going overseas is a Priority, Switch to ATT and get the Bold.

VZW stinks a Bit Once You Leave our Borders.
    12-16-08 12:04 PM
    The Only Reason I have AT&T is because of their Global network.

VZW is superior in call quality, but When it comes to Going OUT of Country, ATT Reigns Supreme.

The 88xx World Edition is just titled that. But it's definitely not for a globe trotter.

If Going overseas is a Priority, Switch to ATT and get the Bold.

VZW stinks a Bit Once You Leave our Borders.
    WOW. that was REALLY helpful... thanks Prada.
    12-16-08 12:06 PM
    lol...sorry chris. i'm naya by the way. thanks for the advice.
    no need to be sorry, its a common mistake on all forums, lol

anytime you need advise feel free to ask on the boards or pm
    12-16-08 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD