So my part time employeer is about to provide me a smart phone through AT&T. I will have the option between a iPhone 3GS and a Bold 9700. I already have a BB 9530 through Verizon. Which phone would you guys pick and why? I really like the looks of the 9700 but have always wanted the iPhone, I will be using this for email out of the office which makes me lean more towards the BB. Help me decide.
    03-05-10 06:31 PM
    Please, PLEASE, do a search here first before posting such a question...this and other comparisons have been made a bazillion times. Any advice you get here will be severely biased anyway, so you can't go by that. Do your own footwork.
    03-05-10 06:35 PM
    How do u make a playlist for a blackberry 9630
    03-05-10 06:37 PM
    Guy, it's real simple. If speed of receiving your emails is real/most important then get the 9700 because BlackBerry's push email is still faster than what the iPhone currently musters (at least it is most of the time). If speed isn't so important then it's a toss up. (Unless u want tons of games, then iPhone is only option) Otherwise, 1) get a quarter or any other coin, 2) make heads be iPhone and tails be 9700, 3) and flip. Idk bout others but I do a best 2 out of 3.

Have fun with your new phone!
    03-05-10 06:44 PM
    Well this isn't the typical "which one do I pick" thread. I am well versed in Black Berries was just wondering your folks' thoughts on the redundancy of two berries or if you thought there is enough of a difference in the Storm I have and the 9700 that I should go for it. That is all. The iPhone is cool but I don't foresee doing anything with it that the BB and an iTouch can't do. Thanks for the replies, think I have made up my mind based on email and my love for BB.
    03-05-10 08:43 PM
    no point in carrying two blackberries around. 1 blackberry is sufficient. get the iphone. use your 9530 for email. use the iphone for other needs. it amazes how anyone can afford to keep 2 or more phones around. people say the american economy is bad. if it is, then how are people able to afford multiple phones on their accounts?
    03-05-10 08:58 PM
    no point in carrying two blackberries around. 1 blackberry is sufficient. get the iphone. use your 9530 for email. use the iphone for other needs. it amazes how anyone can afford to keep 2 or more phones around. people say the american economy is bad. if it is, then how are people able to afford multiple phones on their accounts?
    My employer is picking up the tab on the new phone.... You have a point about carrying around 2 berries....
    03-05-10 09:34 PM
    .... You have a point about carrying around 2 berries....
    ...That its a great idea?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-10 10:47 PM
    I have an employer-issued BB and also an iPhone. Given your opportunity to have a free iPhone, I'd go for that since you already have a BB. My BB is my favorite business tool, but I am so glad I got the iPhone. It's really a much more enjoyable device. You'll find yourself only using the BB for email...the iPhone is so much better for general enjoyment, media, apps, and browsing.
    03-06-10 01:10 AM
    An iPhone would be better since you already got a Tour. You could play with both and then if you get bored with one you could do the other. Just set up your phone with his BES server.
    03-06-10 01:49 AM
    I would get one iPhone and one Blackberry to get the best out of both world. Both brands are uniquely different it's more fun playing around with two system then narrow minded learning just one.
    03-06-10 02:02 AM
    If you are in San Fran or New York don't go with the Iphone

03-06-10 02:16 AM
    I would go with the IPhone, but simce you mentioned email, then get the BB.

03-06-10 07:19 AM
    I'm into convergence - one device to perform all possible functions. I do not want to carry around two devices and maintain two contact lists, or different email accounts on different devices. I have all my work and personal stuff integrated on one device, and that's the way I like it, because it's really just one life :-) YMMV. Of course, my company is very hands-off with my BES device (imposing virtually no restrictions) - I might feel differently if my IT department locked down my BlackBerry.

03-06-10 09:24 AM
    Can you convince your boss to just finance your Verizon phone? Have to carry two phones is nuts.

03-06-10 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD