Yall swipe from the top, BB users would swipe from the bottom bezel and to the left. Also the HUB is Not just for messages.You can peek and see your Missed Calls, Messages, Email, and Social Networks...maybe more. Find out in a few weeks.
    you missed calendar
    As I said, this is ALL accomplished with the notification bar. Calendars notifications,missed calls, Twitter/FB notifications,Utorrent updates, app updates, Dropbox updates, email messages, Whatsapp messages, text messages, weather updates, package tracking notifications and flight updates (thru Google Now) etc etc. Heck, even if you have an appointment in your Calendar and you use Google Now to search the destination, you will get a reminder that you need to leave in a certain amount of time before the appointment in order to make it there on time.

As far as I know the Android notification bar only shows new ,messages. not old ones.
    That is correct. If you want to view old messages, you go into the application to do it.
    01-05-13 02:02 PM
    The notification bar is inadequate. I can't view older messages which I'm used to doing all the time, and it's cumbersome to have to swipe down from the top. It's not just about what it does, but how it does it that bothers me.
    01-05-13 02:15 PM
    The notification bar is inadequate. I can't view older messages which I'm used to doing all the time, and it's cumbersome to have to swipe down from the top. It's not just about what it does, but how it does it that bothers me.
    Lol.. Are you serious? A swipe down is cumbersome to you? So what will be a swipe up plus a left-ward motion? Lemme guess. It'll be the greatest thing ever.

And if you want to view older messages.. Go into the messages app. It's not rocket science..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    mikeo007 likes this.
    01-05-13 02:36 PM
    Lol.. Are you serious? A swipe down is cumbersome to you? So what will be a swipe up plus a left-ward motion? Lemme guess. It'll be the greatest thing ever.

And if you want to view older messages.. Go into the messages app. It's not rocket science..

Swiping up from the bottom won't require me to reposition my hand to get my thumb in the right location. Every time I swipe down, it feels like I'll drop my phone unless I use two hands. It's simply not ergonomic. You can argue all you want, but it won't change my experience.

As for checking older messages, I don't know about you, but I like having all my messages, new or old, in one place without having to find an app for a universal inbox or having to go back to my home screen. Not all Androids have that feature either.
    01-05-13 05:41 PM

Try standing on a bus during your morning commute, phone in one hand, other hand on a pole to keep yourself from falling. Then try swiping down to check your notifications. It's not impossible, no, but it's significantly more ergonomic to swipe up, as your thumb's natural position will be towards the bottom of the phone. You'll have to shuffle the phone downwards, and on a rough bus commute that could even mean dropping it. It's not too bad on smaller phones, but the Z10 will be a decent size and I'm sure it will make a difference - it certainly feels very awkward on my 9810 if I have the keyboard slid out. It's the small details sometimes, and RIM has been thinking out a lot of small details for BB10 to be easy to use with one hand.

And the idea of "going into the messages app" defeats the entire purpose of BlackBerry Hub in the first place. Want to check your notifications? Go into the messages app. It's not rocket science, right? But it's certainly a whole lot more convenient for communication purposes, and communication is what BlackBerry's have always excelled at.
    Masahiro and whitbags like this.
    01-05-13 06:07 PM
    Only 22 more sleeps...
    01-08-13 11:14 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD