I have a question, can someone who doesn't have your pin request you as a contact? How many other ways can a person request you as a contact. A friend of mine received a request from someone she doesn't she know and is freaked a bit. She also never set up her BB email address, so I assume he has her email address in order to do it.

TIA
    04-14-09 01:59 PM
    You can add someone via PIN or e-mail address. It doesn't have to be an @xxx.blackberry.com e-mail address, just one that the BB receives.

I always try to add a personal message to BBM requests, just so they know who the message is coming from. When adding someone from CrackBerry, I always make sure to mention that so they know where I am coming from.
    04-14-09 02:08 PM
    You can read up on this in the Blackberry 101 Lecture series that's in my sig. I believe it is lecture 8 that deals with BBM.
    04-14-09 02:11 PM
    Thank you, I keep trying to get her to join the Crackberry fam.
    04-14-09 02:25 PM
    Your welcome. Tell her if she doesn't join we will hunt her down haha lmao. Just kidding but she could gain a ton of knowledge about ther device by doing so.
    04-14-09 02:28 PM
    As long as someone knows her e-mail address that is associated with her device, they can request her anytime as they please. Scary I know.
    04-14-09 02:58 PM
    All a person with the phone in hand, needs to do is pull up the help screen and the PIN and other info about the phone will be right there. And playing with the menus, it would be easy enough to do this, while looking at pictures and looking for ringtones and music. And that would be the nice little excuse too ... "Oh I wanted to see what you had for ringtones..."

Has this friend given ANYONE her PIN? Friends passing around her PIN seems likely, and if she let anyone "play" with her phone, that is another way it may have "leaked" to the unknown person.

And if she is a clubber, well any time the phone has been left on the table while she took a break to powder her nose, was more than enough time for people to browse through the phone. I have seen this so many times, people leaving unlocked phones with their "buddies", only to have everyone paw over it when they are on the dance floor or buying drinks. Most of the time they may be playing a game, or looking at pictures taken during the night, but other times it's just raw snooping.

I have a question, can someone who doesn't have your pin request you as a contact? How many other ways can a person request you as a contact. A friend of mine received a request from someone she doesn't she know and is freaked a bit. She also never set up her BB email address, so I assume he has her email address in order to do it.

TIA
    Last edited by BlkBear; 04-14-09 at 04:35 PM.
    04-14-09 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD