I have lost my camera,music,video,blackberry world,etc apps
    after security wipe
    please help me
    03-11-16 11:55 AM
    The apps from BlackBerry World just need to be downloaded again but unless you backed up your files they are gone

Posted via CB10
    03-11-16 12:31 PM
    Sounds like you may need to reload OS. System Camera and Music apps should not have been deleted.

Hook up your phone to BBLINK on your PC and reinstall OS. The security wipe on device can cause a few headaches unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-16 01:36 PM
    It shouldn't have removed essential BB10 applications.
    However since it seems that it did, reload the OS like what Lusitano17 suggested. Also, all other applications are available to download again from BlackBerry World under "my world" and then "my apps and games"
    03-12-16 10:20 AM
    OK, I just did the same thing. I loaded the OS back through BlackBerry Link. That did take care of the OS10 apps.

However, I did lose the third party apps, of course. The reason for the security wipe was to remove everything, after all.

The thing is that I was not able to retrieve all of them from the Available list in My World in BlackBerry World. Most third party apps were there, but not all.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 11:34 AM
    OK, I just did the same thing. I loaded the OS back through BlackBerry Link. That did take care of the OS10 apps.

However, I did lose the third party apps, of course. The reason for the security wipe was to remove everything, after all.

The thing is that I was not able to retrieve all of them from the Available list in My World in BlackBerry World. Most third party apps were there, but not all.

Posted via CB10
    It could be that those 3rd party apps are no longer supported that's why you can't re download them.

The power of the force and the  passport.
    03-12-16 05:26 PM
    It could be that those 3rd party apps are no longer supported that's why you can't re download them.

The power of the force and the  passport.
    Thanks, but not always.

There is only one app that I really, really care about - a GPS app - and I purchased another copy. It works fine.

However, you are right about others. For example, all of the CBC apps that worked before the wipe were lost as they were not supported any longer. {I knew about the end of support for those apps.}

This still seems weird to me. Why would an app that worked simply be removed from BlackBerry World when long-term support ended? Wouldn't a note like: UNSUPPORTED APP be enough to warn the uninitiated? Especially, when the app is free, what's the loss?
    03-12-16 05:52 PM
    See if he can find someone who has the bar file and sideload it

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 07:10 PM