Start out with a dark screen with audio of ppl saying BlackBerry is done, BlackBerry is dead and etc. Then fade in the BlackBerry logo while drowning out the audio.... Then have it turn red.... Boom. that's it,15-20 seconds should be enough to draw intrigue and get some chatter.

With follow up ads, build off that showing new colour scheme and all the greatness that is the BlackBerry

Thoughts?
    clickitykeys likes this.
    03-30-14 03:04 PM
    Kinda risky... reinforcing the perception that it is dead. But at the same time you do have to first engage a viewer with something they think they already know (common ground). If they did this, they would have to have an amazing new device ready to be unveiled... something that would not leave anything to interpretation.

Posted via CB10
    velkod, eldricho and ronfc like this.
    03-30-14 03:09 PM
    People would eat up on BlackBerry if they use their ad budget for this
    It would kinda be like the Superbowl commercial and the flying carpet ones

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 03:33 PM
    I think it's a cool idea... just the beginning will catch ppl attention then introduce a new innovative phone BOOM! That will be cool but it will have to be something amazing

Posted via CB10
    velkod likes this.
    03-30-14 03:37 PM
    As ideas are great but don't matter; BlackBerry doesn't advertise. Lol

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 04:41 PM
    It's true ^^. I think for that Octa core phone would be worth of a dramatic commercial like that. Or the BlackBerry classic
    03-30-14 08:11 PM
    It sounds like you're tarnishing the brand even more

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 09:13 PM
    How about business men in suits sitting around a board table. They are about to project a report on a screen for all to view. "Oops, my computer just crashed", one of them walks up to her, plugs in the USB with the needed file, plugs in the HDMI and the meeting continues. "How is that possible" someone says. His answer, "it's a BlackBerry " then at the end. "BlackBerry, keep moving"

My Z30 is hired, my iPhone retired. BlackBerry rules the lot. Cause it's the best phone I've ever got.
    03-30-14 09:26 PM
    What they should have is a mother with an iPhone or Android trying to take a picture of a little kid but he keeps turning his head away from the camera, and than they show another mother take pictures and than adjusting the picture using timeshift.

Or someone with a Z30 just walking down a hallway and everyone has an iPhone and is sitting by a plug charging it
    03-30-14 09:28 PM
    I think it's a great idea. But you have to be careful, because Lady Gaga has already done this, and the last thing we want is a rabid fanbase on top of us.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 09:34 PM
    It's world cup year (not intended for the US lol).

So... they should show first clips of old Brazil teams... the golden years, dominating with Pele, Romario, etc.... interlaced somehow with old footage of everyone having legacy BlackBerrys...

Then show them the past few world cups falling short, criticized by the news, etc. Interlaced with news coverage of BlackBerry's misfortunes.

Then the new team training hard, preparing, sweating, etc. Interlaced with scenes of BB10 design team (the usual glass whiteboard crap, manufacturing scenes, etc.)

Then finally cuts to a simulated inaugural world cup game entrance to a booming maracana... "what separates good teams from great teams... is how they rise from dark times." And then whatever super awesome device they have at the time.

Eh.. I don't know, I doubt they can afford that...

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 09:46 PM
    Friendly school football match. Proud father takes a picture of his son taking the ball into the end zone. Referee calls a fumble. But is it a fumble? Time shift to the rescue. BlackBerry, keep moving

My Z30 is hired, my iPhone retired. BlackBerry rules the lot. Cause it's the best phone I've ever got.
    03-30-14 09:48 PM
    It's world cup year (not intended for the US lol).

So... they should show first clips of old Brazil teams... the golden years, dominating with Pele, Romario, etc.... interlaced somehow with old footage of everyone having legacy BlackBerrys...

Then show them the past few world cups falling short, criticized by the news, etc. Interlaced with news coverage of BlackBerry's misfortunes.

Then the new team training hard, preparing, sweating, etc. Interlaced with scenes of BB10 design team (the usual glass whiteboard crap, manufacturing scenes, etc.)

Then finally cuts to a simulated inaugural world cup game entrance to a booming maracana... "what separates good teams from great teams... is how they rise from dark times." And then whatever super awesome device they have at the time.

Eh.. I don't know, I doubt they can afford that...

Posted via CB10
    Well thought out though. Good idea.
    03-30-14 09:53 PM
    I think it's an interesting idea, but could use some tweaking,. Here is my take on it.

Start with a screen filled with flames and voice-overs of multiple people saying "Blackberry is dead" (not in unison though - more random and chaotic). Then slowly the audio changes to "Blackberry is back" - starting weak in the background and slowly becoming more prominent and in unison. At the same time, the flames slowly fade out to black and a new Blackberry device (the 8 core maybe) fades in. "Introducing the new Blackberry Phoenix." At the bottom of the screen "Available ??/??/????" - it needs to be either available immediately or on a specific date.
    03-31-14 07:43 AM
    I think it's an interesting idea, but could use some tweaking,. Here is my take on it.

Start with a screen filled with flames and voice-overs of multiple people saying "Blackberry is dead" (not in unison though - more random and chaotic). Then slowly the audio changes to "Blackberry is back" - starting weak in the background and slowly becoming more prominent and in unison. At the same time, the flames slowly fade out to black and a new Blackberry device (the 8 core maybe) fades in. "Introducing the new Blackberry Phoenix." At the bottom of the screen "Available ??/??/????" - it needs to be either available immediately or on a specific date.
    I prefer the OP's version better. I feel like adding flames would be a little too cheesy and doesn't really have such a strong connection with the company or the device. It would make sense if the device was named Phoenix though.

I think the OP's idea was really minimalist, modern, and sleek, which is really how they want the company to be seen.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 07:58 AM
    What about this

A very popular actor in a black suit holding blackberry z30 while walking with white wall background, random people walking with him on gray suit(iSheeps wall huggers) and very anxious because their iToys are very close to empty battery, and with power outlet on every 2-3 steps they made. While he walks, he talks about the greatness of BB10(basically features, BB really need to educate people about BB10.) As he walks further, iSheeps that are walking with him are decreasing one by one (one per outlet) because they are loosing energy(battery power) that they need to stop and plug their iToy until such time that 2 or more iSheeps fight because there's only one outlet left. The actor smiled to them and showing off his blackberry that still not empty battery. Then the camera focuses on the actor's face and say "I love my BlackBerry(or any other better quote), because in BlackBerry..." camera zoom out the actor now having with iSheeps that are turned to black suits(converted to bb) "we keep moving to do more!" and happily walked away.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 08:09 AM
    What about this

A very popular actor in a black suit holding blackberry z30 while walking with white wall background, random people walking with him on gray suit(iSheeps wall huggers) and very anxious because their iToys are very close to empty battery, and with power outlet on every 2-3 steps they made. While he walks, he talks about the greatness of BB10(basically features, BB really need to educate people about BB10.) As he walks further, iSheeps that are walking with him are decreasing one by one (one per outlet) because they are loosing energy(battery power) that they need to stop and plug their iToy until such time that 2 or more iSheeps fight because there's only one outlet left. The actor smiled to them and showing off his blackberry that still not empty battery. Then the camera focuses on the actor's face and say "I love my BlackBerry(or any other better quote), because in BlackBerry..." camera zoom out the actor now having with iSheeps that are turned to black suits(converted to bb) "we keep moving to do more!" and happily walked away.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, but... the Z10 battery is terrible... and, there are certainly other smartphones around that provide longer battery life than even the Z30.

Plus... many viewers would assume that it has a longer battery life because "it probably still has that tiny crappy screen and no real apps running on it"...

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 09:54 AM
    I have bought a tablet directly from Google and laptops directly from Apple and IBM. I really like the idea of buying directly. They should lower the prices as far as they can and then advertise there online store and the advantages of an unlocked phone. The majority of consumers out there seem to think that they can buy a phone for zero dollars. I would also like to see BlackBerry offer a better warranty than Samsung and Apple.
    03-31-14 10:04 AM