Yes, I've decided to purchase the Blackberry Bold this coming Tuesday (6/16), because I'm eligible for an upgrade, in spite of the new iPhone 3g s being released the same week.

I will do my best to avoid starting a flame war, since the whole iPhone vs. Blackerry debate has been beaten into the ground, but I will say this:

I went to my local AT&T merchant today, because I was indecisive as to purchasing a Blackberry Bold or the Nokia e71x.

Upon entering, the first AT&T representative I saw greeted me with a smile and asked what she could do for me today. I let her know my situation, and of course, first thing she did was mention that the new, oh so fantastic iPhone 3g s would be available on Friday.

When I mentioned that I had tried the iPhone 3g, and one of my complaints was the lack of an attach function upon initially composing an e-mail without trolling through the app store for some lame application which takes you through three hundred superfluous steps in order to accomplish what other smartphones have been doing with much more efficiency for years, the AT&T representative's smile turned into a scowl, and stated "Well, if that's a deal breaker for you, I'm sorry. I have one and the iPhone is so above that, that I don't even notice", or something like that. I'm paraphrasing.

But, I digress. I just wanted to say hello, glad to make your aquaintances, and I'm sure I'll be reading and posting quite often in the future.

So, what should I expect from my new handset, and what should I expect from joining this new community?
    06-13-09 03:28 PM
    you should expect to be given advice, and expert help on you blackberry......welcome, as i am a newbie also
    06-13-09 03:42 PM
    You also should check out the crackberry lecture 101. Welcome to CB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-09 05:18 PM
    First I will say welcome and your are going to love the bold. You should expect nothing less of shear bliss with the bold. And you can also expect to never put it down.

Crackberry is IMHO the best bb site as far aa getting answers to questions and just learning all about your berry. So once again welcome and I hope your ready for the best trip every.

06-13-09 05:20 PM
    Howdy Noob...
    I made a mis-step when I joined the ranks and would like to offer my 2 cents to help you avoid the same.
    Read the stickys that pertain to "General Discussion" and "9000 Bold"...you will be way ahead of the curve (no pun intended) for Noobs and will have a decidely more enjoyable experience.
    Good practice would be to search "Top 10 things I learned on CBerry Forums". A great way to learn what all the experienced CBerry Forum members know.
    Welcome and happy reading!
    Last edited by bumblesbounce; 06-13-09 at 05:50 PM.
    06-13-09 05:32 PM
    read the faq section all i can say
    06-13-09 05:48 PM
    I think I smell a troll? If not welcome and this is the site for learning!
    06-13-09 06:02 PM
    Welcome.

The link to the Blackberry 101 Lecture Series is in my sig below.
    06-13-09 06:16 PM
    This is the best site for BB user bar none. Also people that use iphones always want you to have a iphone so they can share their misery with you.

06-13-09 06:46 PM
    Welcome! none the less!
    06-13-09 07:18 PM
    Hi,

Welcome to CB community. Please stay tune here on "BlackBerry Tips, How To & FAQ". I'm also newbie here but majority of my question is already posted on the above link
    06-13-09 07:52 PM
    No trolling here, Fish4Rudy. And thanks, everyone, for the suggestions. I've already been poking around the site. I'm sure my reading will begin in earnest when I have my handset.
    06-13-09 09:39 PM
    welcome to the community!

ps i'm surprised the at&t associate scrowled at you like that - regardless of what phone you were there for, it would have meant a sale for her, which would've been good, right? meh.
    06-13-09 09:49 PM
    As others have said before me, welcome! Haven't been a member long myself but this definitely is a great place to learn about your bb and enjoy the addiction!

06-13-09 09:56 PM
    welcome... so are you ending up with the Bold?
    06-13-09 10:06 PM
    This is were all the cool kids hang out. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome

06-13-09 10:21 PM
    Don't worry I once had an associate at an AT&T store tell me they no longer sold the 8700 when I had been looking at it on their site an hour ago. She told me that for someone who works in any type of construction should get a bold because "it's not all plastic like the 8700 was."

Last edited by Joe4pal; 06-14-09 at 09:40 AM.
    06-14-09 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD