ok so i have an unlocked tour on mobile month to month pla (20 less a month than a 2 yr) my e-mail works just fine so does my bbm facebook app and all my other apps except its on edge the apps like maps and poynt are too slow to even want to run..... ok my questions.... if i get a 9700 that came from tmobile that someone is selling on CL do i have to unlock it even tho i have a t mobile plan??? and will i get 3g ????? i really want a bold because my tour has the track ball and not wifi ... seems like the tour was a blackberry mistake...
    10-11-10 10:27 PM
    If its a tmobile phone it will run fine on tmobile no matter what. But an unlocked att branded phone will run on tmobile but will not run 3G, so you will have to use edge or wi-fi connection. The radio frequency they use for 3g is different between att and tmobile.
    10-11-10 10:31 PM
    thanks ... yhea i can get a bold 9700 on CL in good condition for about $200... i figure a bold on a month to month plan should hold me over until the blackberry 4g with a front face camera comes out.. then id sign a 2 year ....
    10-11-10 10:39 PM
    If your on T-mobile plan you wont need 4g, their HSPA+ is faster than 4g. They just haven't got it set up everywhere yet and don't have near the coverage of Verizon but its still faster when you are in an area that has it.
    10-11-10 10:45 PM
    thanks for all your help ... !!
    10-11-10 10:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD