It's really infuriating that every time I get rid of my BlackBerry, I can't stay off it for long. I don't know what it is that always sucks me back in. I've left a few times. This time I traded my Z10 for a Nokia Lumia 928. I was sick and tired of the lack of apps and awful battery life that I had to try a Windows Phone since I wanted one for so long. Don't get me wrong, the Lumia 928 is an amazing phone. The battery life is good, the camera is amazing, and it has an ecosystem. But already, after a few weeks, I miss my Z10.

I just don't get it. On paper, I should be much happier with my Windows Phone. I don't know if it's just BBM that I miss or what. I can't put my finger on it. I have left for iOS and Android and I returned. I remember I got rid of my ultra high end (at the time) Droid Razr and went back to my BlackBerry Tour 9630 which was still on OS5.

I'll admit, I have no interest in the Z30, but I would still go back to a Z10. And if I could get a Q10, I would jump on that in a heartbeat. But I still don't understand. The severe lack of ecosystem, the horrendous boot times and waiting for the Hub, the Fisher Price cameras, and the poor battery life (only on the Z10), and I still want to return. I know this is just phones and means nothing, but it's tough to describe.

I'm especially confused since my upgrade has been due since August. I was planning on getting the Lumia 929 but I don't know now. I feel that using that upgrade on a Z30 or Q10 might be a waste. But deep down, I must have some sort of love for BlackBerry. It's like taking back a girlfriend who has cheated time after time. I shouldn't, but I can't resist.
    anon(1852343) and farskija like this.
    10-24-13 06:09 PM
    Another stupid titled thread.
    10-24-13 06:11 PM
    Shock marketing

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10
    10-24-13 06:12 PM
    Another stupid titled thread.
    It's a very smart one . I gave it that title as I knew it would draw in peoples' attention. It's a basic method learned from English and writing classes as well as marketing.
    10-24-13 06:14 PM
    Maybe explain more fully why you didn't like the Lumia

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 07:13 PM
    I thought this was just like an 'i hate Steven Singer' commercial as played on Howard Stern. Lol.
    I was swayed by the wp8 phenomenon too. My tmo line has a 920 on it and a Z10 on my VZW line. I'd be willing to swap you a z10 for the 928 if you want...I should have my backup z next week.
    I'd really like to compare VZW vs tmobile LTE on wp8. They're pretty close on z10s.
    There is something about wp8 that makes me want it to succeed just as I want BB to succeed.
    10-24-13 07:23 PM
    Maybe explain more fully why you didn't like the Lumia

Posted via CB10

Good thought. And I honestly don't know. I guess my only real dislike is the multitasking as you can't close an app when using the app switcher. However, there is a leak/preview of GDR3 which adds that feature

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk
    farskija likes this.
    10-24-13 07:32 PM
    I thought this was just like an 'i hate Steven Singer' commercial as played on Howard Stern. Lol.

I was swayed by the wp8 phenomenon too. My tmo line has a 920 on it and a Z10 on my VZW line. I'd be willing to swap you a z10 for the 928 if you want...I should have my backup z next week.

I'd really like to compare VZW vs tmobile LTE on wp8. They're pretty close on z10s.

There is something about wp8 that makes me want it to succeed just as I want BB to succeed.

I agree about wanting both to succeed. However, I see WP having more success in the future since they are building momentum now while BB10 seems to be barely treading water. I like both OS's to be honest and I really wish I could have 2 lines like you.

But PM me. Maybe we can work something out.

10-24-13 07:37 PM
    Hmmm. Interesting. I bet it is like waiting for 10.2 on the Z10. So much potential but wait for ever...(USA disclaimer)

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 07:38 PM
    Just get a Z30. It is, at the very least, the ultimate BB10 phone. And you came from a Z10 so the keyboard isn't an issue. The battery is big. You might just be happier with it. In the end though, you will be using an upgrade on it so choose wisely. If the Q10 always caught your fancy, I can assure you it is a great device, but even I'm starting to eye the Z30...
    10-24-13 07:43 PM
    Just get a Z30. It is, at the very least, the ultimate BB10 phone. And you came from a Z10 so the keyboard isn't an issue. The battery is big. You might just be happier with it. In the end though, you will be using an upgrade on it so choose wisely. If the Q10 always caught your fancy, I can assure you it is a great device, but even I'm starting to eye the Z30...
    The Z30 isn't catching my fancy...I actually pulled out my 9930 last night and came close to activating it again; that is a smooth looking and feeling phone. The Z30 too big, the Lumia 929 size would be great. I almost went with a Q10 this summer but got the Z instead.
    10-24-13 07:54 PM

I'm sure the battery is great but I'm just concerned with some of the specs. I know I won't be impressed with the camera but the screen is definitely a question. Once it arrives, I will go down to Verizon and check it out but for what you're getting, $299.99 on contract is WAY too much

10-24-13 07:55 PM
    Aaron, I have been using BBM on my iPhone 5 and I am loving it. I really do miss my z10 and the Hub, but all of my clients have moved on to IOS and Android so I have to go along as a business decision.

I wish Apple would have put a LED light on the 5s to blink when you have a notifications, but no such luck.

Whatever you decide has to be the right decision for your needs. Hope to see you back in the group.

Sent using the CB app from my iPhone 5
    10-24-13 07:56 PM
    Aaron, I have been using BBM on my iPhone 5 and I am loving it. I really do miss my z10 and the Hub, but all of my clients have moved on to IOS and Android so I have to go along as a business decision.

I wish Apple would have put a LED light on the 5s to blink when you have a notifications, but no such luck.

Whatever you decide has to be the right decision for your needs. Hope to see you back in the group.

Sent using the CB app from my iPhone 5

I remember how much you hated to leave BB10 since you loved the OS so much (minus the reboots of course lol) but you definitely had to for your business. Have you grown to like iOS again?

If BB10 had an ecosystem then I wouldn't have a problem but that isn't the case. Its a tough decision between apps and communication. I think I would be fine if BBM was on Windows Phone. I miss my groups and friends! Let the guys know my situation if you haven't already.

10-24-13 08:04 PM
    Here we go with this "I hate BlackBerry" BS
    How is BlackBerry going to recover with fans that can't say something smart lmfao

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 09:04 PM
    I agree about wanting both to succeed. However, I see WP having more success in the future since they are building momentum now while BB10 seems to be barely treading water. I like both OS's to be honest and I really wish I could have 2 lines like you.

But PM me. Maybe we can work something out.

I'm only fortunate to have two lines because one VZW is a work line with my boss giving me flexibility to use it with friends/family on VZW. I use my T-Mobile line for my friends on sprint, at&the and tmo. I'll pm you in a minute [=
    10-24-13 09:18 PM
    Fisher price camera lmaoooooo, it's really not that bad.

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    10-24-13 09:25 PM
    Fisher price camera lmaoooooo, it's really not that bad.

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop

Haha it sure as heck isn't good

10-24-13 09:29 PM
    Here we go with this "I hate BlackBerry" BS
    How is BlackBerry going to recover with fans that can't say something smart lmfao

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it's BS, I think AJ speaks for a majority of BB users and their frustration the major players aren't servicing us as they are to other platforms.
    I personally have loaded every leaked or hybrid on every BB I have owned. I use Instagram & kik, on my z10 without issue. Should that be what we have to do, probably not, but we do have options. I don't believe any ecosystem will be the end all, be all for every user.

That's why I joined this forum five and a half years ago, to learn how to use my berry and make it do what I need. In the beginning, this site was full of a greater proportion of people who helped with problems instead of fanning the fire.

Let me be clear, I am not responding directly to you, nor calling you out. It is not my intent.

My point is, this WAS a community of people more about helping than what it has become today.
    Check my post in who you'd have a beer/soda/tea with.
    I think if we spent our time putting the flame to BBs management, instead of each other, maybe we'd see some greater movement in the ecosystem growing.

There are some amazing minds out there from wu-wei(os6 and os7 hybridder), the Leaks Team for BB10, and back old school Pltaylor and pete6 that made our 83x095x0 series devices tweaked and IIRC, Alexandros or xandermac for the 9000. Mecca El has one of THE best hybrids for a 9810 in the world.
    Maybe we should go back to flip phones and our problems would be solved. Lol.
    ajst222, Atmarix and h20work like this.
    10-24-13 09:51 PM
    Just get the Z30. Its beautiful, smooth and very fast. The battery lasts a long long time even in heavy use. You wont regret it.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    10-25-13 11:05 AM
    Just get the Z30. Its beautiful, smooth and very fast. The battery lasts a long long time even in heavy use. You wont regret it.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    I'm just very hesitant. I don't see it as much of an upgrade to the Z10. And the specs don't impress me at all. But I won't completely knock it until I see it. The outrageous $299.99 price tag is hard to look past for the Z30 though.
    10-25-13 04:06 PM
    I don't think it's BS, I think AJ speaks for a majority of BB users and their frustration the major players aren't servicing us as they are to other platforms.
    I personally have loaded every leaked or hybrid on every BB I have owned. I use Instagram & kik, on my z10 without issue. Should that be what we have to do, probably not, but we do have options. I don't believe any ecosystem will be the end all, be all for every user.

That's why I joined this forum five and a half years ago, to learn how to use my berry and make it do what I need. In the beginning, this site was full of a greater proportion of people who helped with problems instead of fanning the fire.

Let me be clear, I am not responding directly to you, nor calling you out. It is not my intent.

My point is, this WAS a community of people more about helping than what it has become today.
    Check my post in who you'd have a beer/soda/tea with.
    I think if we spent our time putting the flame to BBs management, instead of each other, maybe we'd see some greater movement in the ecosystem growing.

There are some amazing minds out there from wu-wei(os6 and os7 hybridder), the Leaks Team for BB10, and back old school Pltaylor and pete6 that made our 83x095x0 series devices tweaked and IIRC, Alexandros or xandermac for the 9000. Mecca El has one of THE best hybrids for a 9810 in the world.
    Maybe we should go back to flip phones and our problems would be solved. Lol.
    No offense taken.
    And yeah I agree, this forum was more fun before and there was more helpful people. There still are but not as much as before.

Lol @going back to flip phones. Nobody complained before in the flip phone era, now we have better stuff and ***** about everything.

Posted via CB10
    bunky1971 likes this.
    10-27-13 06:08 PM