unbelievable... everything was working fine, and I had been playing around on Blackberry World to download a couple of new apps. After rebooting, the phone got stuck on a white screen (had the original carrier T-Mobile on it), and that was it. I did a battery pull for like 20 times with the same result. If I waited long enough, I got an error message APP error with a possibility to reboot.
    Now that is basically all I did, and somehow, it fell through... so the phone was working normal again and since I thought it had something to do with the latest applications that I had downloaded, I decided to delete these from the device and reboot again. The same scenario happened and after a good 10 times or more, the phone works again. Now I am worried because of course I cannot reboot again - this will cause me the same headache... any idea what helps?? Is there anything I can do? Would a wipe to the original manufacturers' settings help?
    Unfortunately, I dont have a cable here so I cant connect my BB to my laptop and I dont have the desktop application on this PC (I am on the go travelling for a good 3 months) so I am desperate...
    any help would be appreciated!!
    04-21-11 10:35 AM
    Is there anyway you could get a usb cable nearby? I would advise you to backup your information to your computer as soon as you can. Then the best thing to do is wipe the phone and reload the OS. Have you made any kind of change or done anything to the phone recently besides the app?
    04-21-11 11:10 AM
    I'm getting myself a cable tomorrow... how must I backup my contacts? any chance to also backup the pictures and all that??
    Besides the app, the only thing that changed is the app to have 2 lines of icons on my home screen, that is pretty much it. and I also downloaded e-Mobile email to sort my mails but that turned out to be useless as it doesn't really save anything you do... so I am not using that anymore.
    a couple of days ago I changed provider so started using a new pin number, I got my emails and BBM installed and that is it. Oh and one more thing - I did update my bbm and facebook application, when it then asked if I wanted to reboot I said yes, but I got an error message back saying that it wasn't possible to reboot so I did a battery pull and the very first time I got an error message when it rebooted which said that it was "unable BBM" and "unable ,,,"something else... that is actually when trouble started! Thanks so much for your help :-$ I am desperate
    04-21-11 03:47 PM
    I'm getting myself a cable tomorrow... how must I backup my contacts? any chance to also backup the pictures and all that??
    Besides the app, the only thing that changed is the app to have 2 lines of icons on my home screen, that is pretty much it. and I also downloaded e-Mobile email to sort my mails but that turned out to be useless as it doesn't really save anything you do... so I am not using that anymore.
    a couple of days ago I changed provider so started using a new pin number, I got my emails and BBM installed and that is it. Oh and one more thing - I did update my bbm and facebook application, when it then asked if I wanted to reboot I said yes, but I got an error message back saying that it wasn't possible to reboot so I did a battery pull and the very first time I got an error message when it rebooted which said that it was "unable BBM" and "unable ,,,"something else... that is actually when trouble started! Thanks so much for your help :-$ I am desperate
    The best way to backup contacts is with Desktop Manager or if you use gmail then download google sync. IMO the best way to sort your emails is just by doing on your computer or laptop. I'm not sure why you're having all these errors, but the best thing to do is wipe and reload so hopefully that helps you.

Desktop Manager
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software

Google Sync
    http://m.google.com/sync
    04-21-11 05:36 PM
    Best thing to do is back up your contacts to your SIM card, do a security wipe and reload the OS.
    04-21-11 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD