I'm in a meeting and someone asks the absurd question about a whether I have a particular document on me. I'm wearing slacks a and a shirt. No folder. No briefcase. No backpack. Nothing to give the impression I have a notebook sized document with me. No, I don't have it on me, jackass.

So, I suggest that I can email it. First attempt; somehow the attachment didn't come through. Second attempt; the entire email didn't make it. Third Attempt; perfect. Smartphone: Galaxy Nexus.

Had I had any of my previous BlackBerry phones, except the 9900 since the battery would have been dead by that time of day, this would not have been a problem. At that moment I really wanted to stop and buy another BlackBerry since this is becoming more common. Sure, the extra communication stuff isn't there but the basic are and the basics are the ones that need to work every time.
    08-20-12 11:49 PM
    Moments like yours are what makes me appreciate BB the most. Maybe you could give the 9900 a second chance on battery life. I get 3-4% battery drain per hour with medium usage on the newer OSs.
    08-21-12 01:18 AM
    You could also try 9900 with a wnd battery.
    I know my updated 7.1 OS has greatly improved my 9900's battery performance.....though it's still terrible when compaired to other BlackBerrys....YET all the android & iPhone users around me at work are often charging their phones & I still have 1/4 battery left. So I think if your Nexus still had juice, a 9900 would have too.
    08-21-12 01:22 AM
    Gmail is crap for sending any type of attachments. I use efile. It's the best. Might want to look into it if you haven't already. The file still goes through Gmail, but for some reason it's more efficient whilst using efile.
    08-21-12 01:45 AM
    give the 9900 another try, or you could wait for BB10.. Just get another JM1 battery, it'd help me a lot, it makes me powerless and im always connected with the world with my lovely 9900.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-21-12 04:06 AM
    I've just picked up a 9790 for work (I have an iphone for personal use) and I must admit its trivial things I'd forgot about, being able to send stuff over bluetooth, being able to plug it into a computer as a usb drive without installing itunes

As for battery options, this one seems quite good on 7.1, outlasting the iphone by a good margin although I haven't been thrashing it too hard just yet (other than the usual "ooo new toy" phase). There's also an extended battery out for the 9900 now ain't there?
    08-21-12 04:16 AM
    I've just picked up a 9790 for work (I have an iphone for personal use) and I must admit its trivial things I'd forgot about, being able to send stuff over bluetooth, being able to plug it into a computer as a usb drive without installing itunes

As for battery options, this one seems quite good on 7.1, outlasting the iphone by a good margin although I haven't been thrashing it too hard just yet (other than the usual "ooo new toy" phase). There's also an extended battery out for the 9900 now ain't there?
    Once yo start really putting the 9790 through it's paces it will last slightly less than the iPhone given strong signal areas, and slightly longer given week signal areas.
    I carry both, the BlackBerry receives 5 times the volume of emails because it has all accounts connected, not just work, and has twitter. so that could account for it's shorter battery life by a fraction.

I'd rate the 2 pretty comparable

as for the OP. it really is worth looking at picking up a used BlackBerry 9900 with the latest OS's battery life has gotten much much better.

as a work around to emailing attachments you can also set up a cloud account to store attachments and email links to people from your Google Nexus, it means you aren't limited to size, and you don't over load someones inbox
    pantlesspenguin and ajst222 like this.
    08-21-12 08:56 AM
    I'm in a meeting and someone asks the absurd question about a whether I have a particular document on me. I'm wearing slacks a and a shirt. No folder. No briefcase. No backpack. Nothing to give the impression I have a notebook sized document with me. No, I don't have it on me, jackass.

So, I suggest that I can email it. First attempt; somehow the attachment didn't come through. Second attempt; the entire email didn't make it. Third Attempt; perfect. Smartphone: Galaxy Nexus.

Had I had any of my previous BlackBerry phones, except the 9900 since the battery would have been dead by that time of day, this would not have been a problem. At that moment I really wanted to stop and buy another BlackBerry since this is becoming more common. Sure, the extra communication stuff isn't there but the basic are and the basics are the ones that need to work every time.
    Until you get another BB, try out a different email app. I'm not a big fan of the stock Android mail apps, or the stock gmail app if those are what you were using. My favorite email app is Mail Droid. Also, try out Kingsoft Office. It's the most robust document creating/editing/sending app I've found on Android, and it's free. You can email documents right from the app, too, choosing which method you'd like to send it. Those should tide you over until you pick up a shiny new berry .
    david9962000 likes this.
    08-21-12 09:52 AM
    yup, lots of extended battery out there for the 9900, up to 3600mAh!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-21-12 09:54 AM
    you should definitely give the 9900 another try. I've been getting 12-15hrs of battery life since I bought it last year. Battery life has never been a issue with this phone for me.
    08-21-12 11:40 AM
    Until you get another BB, try out a different email app. I'm not a big fan of the stock Android mail apps, or the stock gmail app if those are what you were using. My favorite email app is Mail Droid. Also, try out Kingsoft Office. It's the most robust document creating/editing/sending app I've found on Android, and it's free. You can email documents right from the app, too, choosing which method you'd like to send it. Those should tide you over until you pick up a shiny new berry .
    Yea I also don't like Android's native email app. And none of the ones in the Google Play Store can even compete with BlackBerry's (IMO). But as other people have said, the battery life has gotten MUCH better with 7.1 and the newer OS's. Yesterday, my phone lasted from 8AM to 12AM (till the morning). I used it heavily throughout the da ybut then at night I didn't use it a whole lot since I was at an NFL game. I was impressed.
    08-21-12 09:49 PM
    I think that many people who jumped ship will give bb10 a try.
    08-21-12 11:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD