So I keep looking at the front page for news. I can't find any info on a keynote presentation (someone else mentioned this as well in another thread, if I am wrong please let me know what's up).

The issue that I am running into is- I am not seeing anything really being announced other than 2.0, which we know about, and being able to use you phone as a keyboard. Also 7.1 was announced, but again, we knew about that.

There were some other minor announcements but I want/need to know if that is seriously all we are getting.

If so I am completely underwhelmed and disappointed. Look at everything other companies are announcing vs. what RIM has announced.

I love blackberry/RIM but my patience is running thin. Being in advertising/PR, I am disgusted at the fact that they are not using every opportunity available to them to promote themselves.

I've searched and cannot find anything of substance on the internet. Can someone please clue me in on what the heck is going on?
    01-11-12 10:50 AM
    They have already announced MWC will showcase BB10. Keep in mind mobile has a show 30 days after this one too lol
    01-11-12 10:55 AM
    OS 2 to me was what CES was about for them. It looks ready and i wouldnt be surprised if they released it before end of month from what i saw. They look to deliver at least most of the goods that have plagued the PB for the last year. Splashtop is huge for them although I really think logmein would be even bigger. skype and netflix are still on everyones mind but we just have to wait and see for those
    01-11-12 11:00 AM
    They only make phones and 1 tablet. Only so much can come.

It's a lot like when Apple switched from the Classic OS 9 to Mac OS X, as well as the transition from PowerPC CPU's to Intel. Only so much can happen.

It all comes down to BB10 and PlayBook OS (damn we need a unified name here) being fully ready so new hardware, software and services can be brought to market on top of it.

These transitions can take time but I believe RIM is doing it right. They learned to keep things a bit quieter until they are ready. Now, if wall street would realize this they would be in better shape again.

Edit: I also think the RIM engineering staff have been going flat out on the background services that make RIM work, getting them integrated with QNX. Now that this seams to be mostly finished, we should see advances in the user side of RIM software come faster and with more boom factor.
    Last edited by CanadianThomas; 01-11-12 at 12:05 PM.
    01-11-12 12:01 PM
    PlayBook OS 2.0 is the focus for RIM at this show, but you should also search for announcements from the QNX front, which is wholly owned by RIM.

A couple other things I found was QNX OnStar integration, and QNX Porsche concept car.
    01-11-12 12:29 PM
    Edit: I also think the RIM engineering staff have been going flat out on the background services that make RIM work, getting them integrated with QNX. Now that this seams to be mostly finished, we should see advances in the user side of RIM software come faster and with more boom factor.
    And that would be to stroke their corporate customers that want to 'lan nazi' their corporate phone/tablet users. If I recall correctly there was BES testing with corporate clients recently.
    01-11-12 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD