Yeah I got pissed that my Android decided to spell the word "c**t" rather than aunt on my Android. It has a keyboard but they're so spaced out it takes me ages to text. So I got pissed and smashed it.

I'm getting a blackberry tomorrow. I want to know those, what carrier should I switch to? I'm currently on C-Mobile.
    01-09-12 10:39 PM
    Sorry to hear about the misspelling.

Do you mean T-Mobile? I never heard of C-Mobile...

Anyway, it depends on your area since carriers reception can vary from region to region. In northern california (bay area specifically), I get just as good reception with Sprint as I do with Verizon, however I like Sprint better since their plans cost me about half what Verizon charges... I've experienced great customer service from both.
    01-09-12 10:47 PM

Anyway, it depends on your area since carriers reception can vary from region to region. In northern california (bay area specifically), I get just as good reception with Sprint as I do with Verizon, however I like Sprint better since their plans cost me about half what Verizon charges...
    C-Mobile is a UK carrier, so he must live in the UK. Good you hear OP that you are going back to BB I hope you like it. I also am not sure of UK carriers, but I hear good things about Vodafone.
    01-09-12 10:48 PM
    C-Mobile is a UK carrier, so he must live in the UK. Good you hear OP that you are going back to BB I hope you like it. I also am not sure of UK carriers, but I hear good things about Vodafone.
    Not sure why you felt the need to smash a perfectly good phone, as all you had to do was take off auto-correct.

Sorry about your situation.

I couldn't recommend anything as I don't know what C-Mobile carrys.
    01-09-12 11:14 PM

Anyway, it depends on your area since carriers reception can vary from region to region. In northern california (bay area specifically), I get just as good reception with Sprint as I do with Verizon, however I like Sprint better since their plans cost me about half what Verizon charges... I've experienced great customer service from both.
    Yeah it's T-Mobile but I replaced the T with C as in C##t because those tramps have given me lousy service for the best 6 years.
    01-09-12 11:34 PM

Actually I meant to say T-mobile but did replaced the T with a C on purpose because I was insanely frustrated with the carrier and their buggy phone.
    01-09-12 11:35 PM
    Yeah it's T-Mobile but I replaced the T with C as in C##t because those tramps have given me lousy service for the best 6 years.
    LOL

Where do you live? Again, Sprint works very well for me and I love their plans... Verizon is WAAAYYYY over charged in my opinion. Then again, if that's the only carrier that gives you good reception in your area, then you're pretty much gonna have to deal with it.
    01-09-12 11:36 PM
    Not sure why you felt the need to smash a perfectly good phone, as all you had to do was take off auto-correct.

Sorry about your situation.

I couldn't recommend anything as I don't know what C-Mobile carrys.
    I'm with T-Mobile but I purposely mistyped their crappy name.
    01-09-12 11:36 PM
    Actually I meant to say T-mobile but did replaced the T with a C on purpose because I was insanely frustrated with the carrier and their buggy phone.
    In that case, there is Sprint, their coverage is ok, AT&T is good, but I hear their customer support is horrible, and I used to be with Verizon, and they were great, but they seem more expensive then the others. What is wrong with T-Mobile though, I hear that they are supposed to be good. If it is just the phone that was buggy, that is an issue with the manufacturer and not an issue with T-Mobile. There are also prepaid, like Simple Mobile, but they use T-Mobile as their network, and you also have to pay full price for the phones.
    Last edited by blue_k; 01-09-12 at 11:41 PM.
    01-09-12 11:39 PM
    LOL

Where do you live? Again, Sprint works very well for me and I love their plans... Verizon is WAAAYYYY over charged in my opinion. Then again, if that's the only carrier that gives you good reception in your area, then you're pretty much gonna have to deal with it.
    I live in DC and it seems Sprint gets decent coverage. Plus, I'd rather spend on Sprint then some trashy german company that barely invests in the US.
    01-09-12 11:46 PM
    SIMple Mobile is an awesome prepaid solution if you wanna GSM route.

I'd personally use them (they use AT&T towers which is decent here), however they don't support calls made to conference call lines...

But again, Sprint's Unlimited Everything and Unlimited Any Mobile to Any Mobile and truly Unlimited Data can't be beat for the price.
    01-09-12 11:49 PM
    ahww maybe your keyboard was just faulty or correction was ON haha
    but i wouldn't smash my phone just like that lol, i would try to fix it first.
    but i guess you have tried it all and you reached your boiling point
    which eventually led to a smashed droid.
    well each carrier is different so i would just take your time and find the
    best carrier that would suits you the best.
    and which blackberryphone are you aiming on do you have any specific choice?

Yeah the droid drove me crazy. It's in the trash now. I'm thinking about getting the BlackBerry� Curve� 9350. I've always loved the curve.
    01-09-12 11:50 PM
    Yeah the droid drove me crazy. It's in the trash now. I'm thinking about getting the BlackBerry� Curve™ 9350. I've always loved the curve.
    I tired one at a phone store a few weeks ago, and it is a great BB.
    01-09-12 11:51 PM
    SIMple Mobile is an awesome prepaid solution if you wanna GSM route.

I'd personally use them (they use AT&T towers which is decent here), however they don't support calls made to conference call lines...

But again, Sprint's Unlimited Everything and Unlimited Any Mobile to Any Mobile and truly Unlimited Data can't be beat for the price.
    Simple Mobile uses T-Mobile IIRC.
    01-09-12 11:52 PM
    Simple Mobile uses T-Mobile IIRC.
    I stand corrected.

T-Mobile gets "less than stellar" reception in my area. Still, much, MUCH better than Metro PCS...

At least with T-Mobile you get UMA which makes a HUGE difference in improving call quality and reception, which is a plus if you're like me and spend much of your day around wifi. SIMple Mobile doesn't support UMA/wifi calling, but I can be wrong.
    01-09-12 11:56 PM
    Pro Tip #47: Proof reading is your friend.
    01-10-12 08:16 AM
    The new Curves are nice. The phone even has FM radio - with OS7.1
    01-10-12 08:18 AM
    The new Curves are nice. The phone even has FM radio - with OS7.1
    I agree. Just activated mine this morning....coming back after playing in the Droid playground for awhile.
    01-10-12 10:07 AM
    Anger management might be a good idea before getting your new phone.

If you were a stand-up citizen and educated in the field of psychology, you would know that anger is not a choice. It's a chemical imbalance in the brain alike many other deficiencies that plague the human. Stating that the OP needs anger management just adds fuel to the fire. If you don't have anything nice to say, like you are taught in grade school, don't say anything at all. Keep your negative comments to yourself.

As for the OP, I welcome you with open arms to Crackberry.com. If you need any help with anything let us know or just simply PM me. Just so you know, .374 in my honest opinion, is the best software version OS. I get great battery life and my device runs super smoothly. Make sure to charge the device CORRECTLY. Drain the battery and do a full charge for 3 cycles.

Welcome to Crackberry

Fulfilling my Crackberry Addiction using Tapatalk
    01-10-12 06:47 PM
    You're in DC - all the carriers have pretty good service there. Being realistic about it, unless you are in the middle of nowhere with a black hole in the signal around home or work, it is unlikely you will find much difference in carrier performance so the choice really comes down to who offers a phone you like, at an acceptable rate. Get yourself into one or two of the carrier stores and get an idea of how the phones feel in your hand, and check the rates available. Oh... and don't be misled by the promise if "4G" and "future enhancements" - make your judgement on what service you will get immediately and take anything later as a free bonus if it happens.
    John Yester likes this.
    01-10-12 07:10 PM
    You might want to try getting your apparently short fused anger issue checked out first. Heaven forbid you get a new BB and it has an issue with the keyboard and you misspell another bad word.

If you hated the keyboard, etc... on your phone, I would think you would have found out how much you like or hated it when you first got the phone and returned it within the return window that every carrier gives you, unless you for it off eBay, or something else.

Have you tried looking at other carriers in your area? No reason to stay with a company or service you hate.

War Is All We Know
    01-10-12 07:56 PM
    Yeah I got pissed that my Android decided to spell the word "c**t" rather than aunt on my Android. It has a keyboard but they're so spaced out it takes me ages to text. So I got pissed and smashed it.

I'm getting a blackberry tomorrow. I want to know those, what carrier should I switch to? I'm currently on C-Mobile.
    Sorry dude, but I'm LMAO-ing at this, 'cos I can relate. I sent my 9000 flying across the room one day after at&t dropped the same call with my wife for the fourth time in about as many minutes (the problem was actually her iPhone, but she was several miles away in her car so pitching her phone was not an option at the time). I was expecting to see it in pieces wherever it landed, but all that happened to it was the battery door popped off and the battery fell out, otherwise not a scratch anywhere. So whatever you do, be sure to not get a BB slider, and it should survive all the temper tantrums you can throw at it.
    01-10-12 09:42 PM
    I live in DC and it seems Sprint gets decent coverage. Plus, I'd rather spend on Sprint then some trashy german company that barely invests in the US.
    I carry an AT&T phone and two Verizon phones. Both are almost identical in coverage. There is a tiny difference in that the Verizon phones get *slightly* better coverage inside the Metro. I can go from Union to almost Bethesda without losing signal except when I'm inside the actual tunnel.

Other than that, both phones lose reception in the same exact dead spot just North of New York Ave.

If you live inside the city, you will do fine with either carrier.
    01-11-12 11:41 AM
    Say goodbye to half a thread of junk off-topic amateur shrink posts.
    01-11-12 05:05 PM
    pst....Branta.....wanna do something about Dr Phil and Dr Laura Schelinger???????
    01-11-12 06:03 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD