And for obvious reasons I'm not too upset about it.
    07-04-10 10:25 PM
    Really? I get them quite often.
    07-04-10 10:51 PM
    What exactly is truncated? I got a truncated message a while back. I thought the message was too big to download or view, but I was able to view it with no problems.
    07-04-10 11:49 PM
    Meh, this was an email with five lines of text and an imbedded .wmv.

I think I one got one that said message truncated: xxxxxkilobites left and scrolling down loaded the rest, but that was a year or so ago.
    07-05-10 12:51 AM
    I don't worry about it and it plys no significant role in my Berry life~

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-10 01:24 AM
    Hey you popped your cherry! There will be many more of those down the road. lol
    07-05-10 01:26 AM
    It happens to me quite often, specially with my Hotmail account... You will get used to it, hopefully one day you will be able to say which one was your last one
    07-05-10 02:30 AM
    I get message truncated when receiving a picture message from a freind.
    It says picture mail from..... and then message truncated -3 (meaning that 3 pictures where not received.

This is kind of really starting to frustrate me so i was wondering if anyone knew of any ideas or settings that will allow me to view all my messages without them being truncated.

Thanks,
    Jack
    07-05-10 03:50 AM
    I've never received one, wonder what the size limit is
    07-05-10 06:44 AM
    What exactly is truncated? I got a truncated message a while back. I thought the message was too big to download or view, but I was able to view it with no problems.
    You basically answered your own question. The message was too large to view it all at once so part of it was cut off.

I've never received one, wonder what the size limit is
    The size limit on BIS is 8 MB (5 MB for the attachment and 3 MB for the email message itself). Once this is encoded with base64 encoding the largest that can be sent would be 5 MB. After that you will get the "Message Truncated Due To Size" message on the body of the email. With BES your IT department can set a filesize limit for attachments on their BES Server. Hope this helps...
    Last edited by Iceman; 07-05-10 at 07:24 AM.
    07-05-10 07:17 AM
    The truncated emails is a trademark of blackberry devices. It never bothered me. Usually the emails that were truncated were emails I didn't care to see anyway. The only time it was a minor issue is when someone sent me a picture ir video file that was too big. But I would just view it on my laptop if thaty was the case.

07-05-10 08:07 AM
    Thanks iceman, not really worried about it but really appreciate the breakdown
    07-05-10 08:14 AM
    I remember those.
    07-05-10 10:41 AM
    see how you feel when 6 out of 10 business related emails are truncated. email on my bb is pretty much worthless for answering support emails for my sites. its very annoying for a so call "business phone". saying good by to this problem once my new phone arrives
    07-05-10 11:26 AM
    I usually get them when someone forwards and Email to me that has many recipients. The recipient list is usually truncated.
    07-05-10 12:39 PM

You basically answered your own question. The message was too large to view it all at once so part of it was cut off.
    Thanks for the reply and confirming my thoughts. The real question is, "If the message was truncated as a result of it being too large, why was I able to receive and view it?"

By taking the word 'truncated' by it's literal definition - which is cutting off the top or bottom of something or stopping abruptly - I compared the message I received on my device to the message on the PC and they both contained the same content. Therefore, I saw no signs of truncation, and hence the confusion.
    07-05-10 06:40 PM
    I get these all the time since I'm on some listserves that have large volumes of messages, but I just view those on my pc. They're not directly work-related so I don't worry too much about it, but the concept of even having truncated email is a bit annoying.
    07-05-10 10:05 PM
    What was the point of this thread again??
    07-06-10 08:59 AM
    I never had one before... Good to know if I get one in the future at least I won't freak out lol

07-06-10 09:29 AM
    What was the point of this thread again??
    What's the point of rhetorical questions? ...to make nonsensical inserts on a thread just to rack-up post count so one can be referred to as a Genius. What comes after Genius?

As you can see from the posts above, not everyone knows what a truncated message is; not everyone knows the size limitations of a message; some have never received or heard of a truncated message.

If a newbie receives a truncated message and 'freaks-out', and ultimately does a search on CB to hopefully glean answers or insight to his/her quandary, they will learn something from this thread about truncated messages. Unfortunately, they'll have to sift through all the rhetoric to get to the heart of the matter. Oh, wait! ...they'll also learn that you don't have to be a Genius to be a Genius.
    07-06-10 12:24 PM
    What's the point of rhetorical questions? ...to make nonsensical inserts on a thread just to rack-up post count so one can be referred to as a Genius. What comes after Genius?

As you can see from the posts above, not everyone knows what a truncated message is; not everyone knows the size limitations of a message; some have never received or heard of a truncated message.

If a newbie receives a truncated message and 'freaks-out', and ultimately does a search on CB to hopefully glean answers or insight to his/her quandary, they will learn something from this thread about truncated messages. Unfortunately, they'll have to sift through all the rhetoric to get to the heart of the matter. Oh, wait! ...they'll also learn that you don't have to be a Genius to be a Genius.
    I could care less about my post count and/or "status" on this forum... I am by no means a genius, but I do know how to search and this topic has been covered many, many times before that contains all the same info. There is nothing new in this thread.

So again, what was the point of this thread? The first post wasn't even a question or a statement... it was just a "I got my first one"... like um... yay?

Maybe I should start new threads and reflect on the first time I got a text message on my blackberry, or maybe the first time I got a new icon from joining a new bbm group.
    07-06-10 12:32 PM
    ...I do know how to search and this topic has been covered many, many times before that contains all the same info. There is nothing new in this thread.

So again, what was the point of this thread? The first post wasn't even a question or a statement... it was just a "I got my first one"... like um... yay?
    I'm not challenging your thought process. You are absolutely right in that searching prior to starting a thread is the most prudent thing to do. If more folks did more searching, we'd probably have 60% fewer threads. I'm also not challenging your feelings regarding pointless threads. I strongly agree that there are lot of ridiculous threads that actually say nothing useful - which drives me nuts as well.

I merely deplore pointless, rhetorical post - especially if they're designed as a jab.
    07-06-10 01:26 PM
    I could care less about my post count and/or "status" on this forum... I am by no means a genius, but I do know how to search and this topic has been covered many, many times before that contains all the same info. There is nothing new in this thread.

Maybe I should start new threads and reflect on the first time I got a text message on my blackberry, or maybe the first time I got a new icon from joining a new bbm group.
    It's an open forum. EVERY topic gets repeated. Barely anyone searches or even thinks about using that option. You should already know that.

The OP is allowed to post whatever he wants as long as he follows the rules. You on the other hand did not have to read the thread, or respond. Your post was more meaningless than the OP's.

At least he started a discussion.
    07-06-10 03:00 PM
    It's an open forum. EVERY topic gets repeated. Barely anyone searches or even thinks about using that option. You should already know that.

The OP is allowed to post whatever he wants as long as he follows the rules. You on the other hand did not have to read the thread, or respond. Your post was more meaningless than the OP's.

At least he started a discussion.
    Cool man. Glad you brought that too my attention
    07-06-10 03:03 PM
    Cool man. Glad you brought that too my attention
    You're welcome. I'm glad I could help.
    07-06-10 03:04 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD