With all the talk about the pros and cons of BB10 on these forums. I thought about the "good ole' days" when my 9900 did everything for me and was a rock of stability...... I loved that phone... It was a communications powerhouse second to none!! Why the heck shouldn't I just break it out again and use it???? Communications is the key for me and that was the best (might still be)... I can keep an iPod touch, or some android device to run my apps and play my games... It seems that most people are carrying two devices anyway...

I am going to fire it up tomorrow morning and give it a while...
    acovey, Q10Bold, jegs2 and 2 others like this.
    03-30-14 04:39 PM
    Sounds good! Enjoy it, I wish I would have kept mine

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 04:42 PM
    It's awesome I did it for awhile but started missing things from BB10.

Canada BBM channel C001234A4
    03-30-14 04:47 PM
    Sounds good! Enjoy it, I wish I would have kept mine

Posted via CB10
    I loved it so much that I couldn't part with it... I just stuck it in my desk drawer.
    03-30-14 04:52 PM
    It's awesome I did it for awhile but started missing things from BB10.

Canada BBM channel C001234A4
    I hope I feel that way. I like my Q10 and Z30
    03-30-14 04:53 PM
    Good luck with that. I Am currently using my 9900 as I wait for a replacement S4 to arrive in the mail. So far I'm NOT having any luck at receiving emails. I have already been to ATT this morning stating that I can't delete an old work email address so that I can add my New one. Their suggestion was to recreate the old work email and then delete the account. Tried and it did NOT work. (See the phone registered the Old email address on the device) So I tried going back to factory settings. Well Now I'm in Big trouble...my Other emails Can't access any incoming emails. YES the mobile network is turned on and my wifi. I have restarted the phone more than once And switched on and off the mobile network.

ALL I will say is I HOPE you have better luck than me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using CB Forums mobile app
    03-30-14 05:32 PM
    Good luck with that. I Am currently using my 9900 as I wait for a replacement S4 to arrive in the mail. So far I'm NOT having any luck at receiving emails. I have already been to ATT this morning stating that I can't delete an old work email address so that I can add my New one. Their suggestion was to recreate the old work email and then delete the account. Tried and it did NOT work. (See the phone registered the Old email address on the device) So I tried going back to factory settings. Well Now I'm in Big trouble...my Other emails Can't access any incoming emails. YES the mobile network is turned on and my wifi. I have restarted the phone more than once And switched on and off the mobile network.

ALL I will say is I HOPE you have better luck than me.

User error?
    acovey likes this.
    03-30-14 06:05 PM
    User error?
    Nope. I put in the correct username and password. Emails are Not populating at all. Tablet receives the emails but Not the phone.

03-30-14 06:16 PM
    I'm sorry but why would anyone want to go back to a Bold 9900 after BB10?

I mean, unless you're stuck in the stone age or are too easily manipulated by what reviews/John Chen tells you. This is just silly to me.
    vjh425 likes this.
    03-30-14 06:24 PM
    I had a 9930 and I would never go from BB10 to BBOS. I really like the gestures and how everything is laid out in BB10, but you like what you like and I like what I like. It's great to have options.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    03-30-14 06:54 PM

I mean, unless you're stuck in the stone age or are too easily manipulated by what reviews/John Chen tells you. This is just silly to me.
    Popup email alerts available.
    Screen that lights upon those alerts.
    icons for each email address.
    Holster profiles.
    physical buttons.
    Charging contacts.
    icons at top of screen so you don't have to do any peeking.
    keys to launch apps (and speed dial)
    great battery life.
    BIS.
    Compression.
    convenience key.

For communications and speed and efficiency it's still a great phone (and easy on data if that matters to you).

People who know that time and communications mean money aren't living in the stone age, they're usually up in First Class. They're probably not updating their Facebook status though.
    03-30-14 07:02 PM
    I think this could be where the Q20 comes into play. I loved my 9900!
    anon(5061193) and KDB84 like this.
    03-30-14 07:04 PM
    Nope. I put in the correct username and password. Emails are Not populating at all. Tablet receives the emails but Not the phone.

If you are using pop3 accounts, you must
    - wait 15 minutes for the messages to be sent to your phone
    and
    -make sure to set up other devices and computers that are also hitting that same account to leave messages on server, otherwise they won't be there if your computer pulls them down and deletes them first.

The deleting of accounts, etc, is a BB issue, since you are telling BB servers how your phone receives email. It's not actually happening on your phone. Perhaps there is some issue at BB servers and having issues communicating with your phone.

Do you have the BB icon in the upper right area? Can you get other internet web sites, etc?
    acovey likes this.
    03-30-14 07:09 PM
    Popup email alerts available.
    Screen that lights upon those alerts.
    icons for each email address.
    Holster profiles.
    physical buttons.
    Charging contacts.
    icons at top of screen so you don't have to do any peeking.
    keys to launch apps (and speed dial)
    great battery life.
    BIS.
    Compression.
    convenience key.

For communications and speed and efficiency it's still a great phone (and easy on data if that matters to you).

People who know that time and communications mean money aren't living in the stone age, they're usually up in First Class. They're probably not updating their Facebook status though.
    Let me add to your list:

-terrible internal memory
    -random reboots from anything and everything
    -laggy
    -the app store is a wasteland
    -no multitasking

Seriously, BB10 drags BBOS devices to hell and feeds it to Madonna.

PS: I should've stopped reading at holster profiles. I can't.
    spikesolie, BryanVilla and daithiD like this.
    03-30-14 07:22 PM
    If you are using pop3 accounts, you must
    - wait 15 minutes for the messages to be sent to your phone
    and
    -make sure to set up other devices and computers that are also hitting that same account to leave messages on server, otherwise they won't be there if your computer pulls them down and deletes them first.

The deleting of accounts, etc, is a BB issue, since you are telling BB servers how your phone receives email. It's not actually happening on your phone. Perhaps there is some issue at BB servers and having issues communicating with your phone.

Do you have the BB icon in the upper right area? Can you get other internet web sites, etc?
    I waited longer than that. NO emails have shown up.
    I have have access to internet other sites etc.
    I didn't click on those Incoming emails on my PC because I wanted to see if my Phone would receive them. Like I said my tablet receives them but Not the phone.

03-30-14 07:37 PM
    I got so use to quick reply I can't go to a phone without. It's so amazing!

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 08:01 PM
    I can say that 9900 was an amazing phone, but the OS is such a drag. Bb10 is being outsold by bbos because poor marketing nothing more. I would never go back to 9900, I would love to get the Q20 however

From my White Z30
    03-30-14 08:23 PM
    With all the talk about the pros and cons of BB10 on these forums. I thought about the "good ole' days" when my 9900 did everything for me and was a rock of stability...... I loved that phone... It was a communications powerhouse second to none!! Why the heck shouldn't I just break it out again and use it???? Communications is the key for me and that was the best (might still be)... I can keep an iPod touch, or some android device to run my apps and play my games... It seems that most people are carrying two devices anyway...

I am going to fire it up tomorrow morning and give it a while...
    I had the same feelings a few months back so flipped my 9930 back. Burned through the battery real quick. Only downfall.

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10 on VZW from Philly
    03-30-14 08:29 PM
    I sold my black 9900 and 9810, but kept my white 9900 after I got the Z10 when it launched, thinking I might not get used to the touchscreen or even BB10.

After a week or two, I turned on my 9900 and tried using it on WiFi. I realized that there was no way I could ever go back to it. I sold it on eBay a few days later, and when the Q10 came out, bought that to satisfy my keyboard cravings.
    03-30-14 08:54 PM
    I have a Z10,Q10 and iPod touch 5th gen. I carry 2 devices.
    03-30-14 10:31 PM
    I waited longer than that. NO emails have shown up.
    I have have access to internet other sites etc.
    I didn't click on those Incoming emails on my PC because I wanted to see if my Phone would receive them. Like I said my tablet receives them but Not the phone.

Looks like ATT didn't set up you BIS properly. Did you just insert your SIM fro S4 to the Bold?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-31-14 12:14 AM
    I still have my 9930 as a back up incase something happens to my Q10. Every once in a while I fire it up and mess around with it. I find myself using the BB10 gestures on it and then catch myself when it doesn't work. Although the 9930 was a powerhouse the Q10 is phenomenal! I didn't think I'd get use to the Q so quick! And to think I held on to my upgrade for so long for sprint to release a Z. I'm glad I pulled the trigger on the Q!

Post by 9of13's Q
    03-31-14 01:19 AM

Quite Simple..... It works perfectly for communications.. Phone Calls, Email, Text, Battery life.. etc..... That is about 95% of my business day.. The rest is just fun and if I need a break, I will play Brick Breaker
    03-31-14 07:32 AM
    I think this could be where the Q20 comes into play. I loved my 9900!
    I love my Q10 and my Z30.... but strictly as a communication tool. I have more confidence in my 9900... It never let me down....
    03-31-14 07:36 AM
    Although the 9900 series was great, I don't know about the battery life. My Q10 far surpasses it. But then again, I'm always on my device for something!

Post by 9of13's Q
    03-31-14 07:46 AM
41 12