I have the biggest pet peeve when I see comments or people defending that BB is not for games or the famous one " if you want candy crush and silly games get an iPhone.....if you want stuff done get a BB"

BB10 of course is built with productivity in mind first no matter and that is why in the enterprise world nothing can get you through out your day as fast a BB no doubt about it and BB should NEVER lose that focus.

I am tired of hearing this stupid nonsense that BB isn't meant for games or fun. I see on youtube....articles.....forums...with the same nonsense

We need to show the world especially going into 2015 that not only can BB bang through e-mails...text messages...BBM.....whatsapp....all through the hub....or have the best typing experience touch screen and physical keyboard....but we can play games and be fun as well when we are not at work......

We need some BB commercials that showcase the business man or woman through meetings....at the office.....at the construction site.....at the hospital being productive.....and then when heading home either on the train.....at a party......on the bus......or at the bar we can play candy crush....watch netflix.....play spider man unlimited....play minions rush.....play heads up the charades game and also while playing a game peek and flow into the hub or reply quickly to message showing toast notifications...have their kids ask for their phone to play games as well and show case the family having fun with their BB device

The enterprise customer is also a consumer and a family man or woman that has kids and wants to kill time between meetings or on the way to and from work.

In 2015 and moving forward they need to have some commercials that showcase always business first but showing that person having fun as well on his phone.

We need to have the younger generation consider blackberry as future devices as well when they grow up....all these kids and teenagers playing with the iPhone or android devices which phone you think they will get when they are older.....not a BB most likely. We need not only to get the BB10 devices in the hands of the mature crowd but all the young crowd as well.

BB needs to show we are not the phones of the legacy days.....no more freezing screens...no more restarting the phone when installing certain apps or games...no battery pulls....no more hour glass....no more white screen...no more long long boot ups....BB needs to show case the modern BB10 QNX powered OS both as a business tool and productivity tool and as a phone we can use for fun as well when not in the office. BB is really bad on showcasing the power and usefulness of BB10....I know whenever I show my Z30 and what it can do people were like WHHHAAAATTT THAT'S SO COOL!!! I DIDNT KNOW BB MAKES THESE KIND OF PHONES!!! Especially iPhone users lol its too funny.

That is BB major problem with some people......especially people who left us from legacy days to go to android or iPhone.....they still think BB is of the old days and until that mentality is changed BB will never truly grow when it comes to devices it will only do that through clever and smart marketing.

Again I am not saying for BB to attack the consumer market just yet and lose focus on their enterprise model right now but they need to showcase both sides of the phone not just emphasize one side through marketing in a comical but you get the message way....we need some youtube videos going viral
    12-29-14 01:52 PM
    You must be real mad at BlackBerry then because that's pretty much the basis of their new marketing.
    12-29-14 01:55 PM
    christ. man let it go....you always talk about that...we all know....

History....That is how Blackberry started....give it some time.
    12-29-14 01:57 PM
    You must be real mad at BlackBerry then because that's pretty much the basis of their new marketing.
    LOL ugh very very mad LOL. If they want to sell more phones they need to show that they are more than just a phone that can bang through e-mails this isnt 2005 or 2006.......this is 2014 and Blackberry Phones should be portrayed more than just a "business phone" .....we BB10 users knows what it can do but the general public doesn't and that is what irritates me.
    Why? Companies don't want their employees playing games and its completely opposite of the market BB is going for. Except for stickers, I don't know what purpose they serve except that it was a misguided idea that they are stuck with now and should just let die.
    You bet. John Chen was clear in the last few interviews that they only want enterprise / corporate clients. And wouldn't mind if consumers also buy some. But not their target

Q10
    acovey and Tabdus like this.
    12-29-14 01:59 PM
    christ. man let it go....you always talk about that...we all know....

History....That is how Blackberry started....give it some time.
    I know that Alain_A I am not saying now. I am saying in 2015 moving forward they need to change that marketing strategy a little..... plus let what go....I never once POSTED about BB and their marketing period.......so I have no clue what you are telling me to let what go....
    12-29-14 01:59 PM
    I know that Alain_A I am not saying now. I am saying in 2015 moving forward they need to change that marketing strategy a little..... plus let what go....I never once POSTED about BB and their marketing period.......so I have no clue what you are telling me to let what go....
    They just started the Enterprise marketing strategy this year and now you want them to change it?
    12-29-14 02:01 PM
    Why? Companies don't want their employees playing games and its completely opposite of the market BB is going for. Except for stickers, I don't know what purpose they serve except that it was a misguided idea that they are stuck with now and should just let die.
    If you read my post properly I said Business first and fun later when an employee leaves work he no longer is an employee at work but a regular person that wants to use his fun as well when going home...or on the train.....or at a party and so on./
    12-29-14 02:02 PM
    Haha. Your topics are always interesting. We can always expect a textbook and you ranting. You let that frustration out, bro!!
    ponpiri likes this.
    12-29-14 02:02 PM
    If you read my post properly I said Business first and fun later when an employee leaves work he no longer is an employee at work but a regular person that wants to use his fun as well when going home...or on the train.....or at a party and so on./
    Many companies (including mine) don't allow you to download whatever you want to your phone. They have a strict policy on what apps are going on it (mine is none unless approved) so I don't know how that would even work.
    12-29-14 02:03 PM
    They just started the Enterprise marketing strategy this year and now you want them to change it?
    Hand in my face..... I don't think people do not read (Not trying to be rude) read what I said

"Again I am not saying for BB to attack the consumer market just yet and lose focus on their enterprise model right now but they need to showcase both sides of the phone not just emphasize one side through marketing in a comical but you get the message way....we need some youtube videos going viral "

"BB10 of course is built with productivity in mind first no matter and that is why in the enterprise world nothing can get you through out your day as fast a BB no doubt about it and BB should NEVER lose that focus."

I am talking about portraying that in their commercials and marketing.......I said let them stay on their strategy no matter what but I said when creating commercials for their phones showcase the productivity first and foremost but also showcase the fun side of blackberry as well.......that is what I am trying to say.
    12-29-14 02:06 PM
    Hand in my face..... I don't think people do not read (Not trying to be rude) read what I said

"Again I am not saying for BB to attack the consumer market just yet and lose focus on their enterprise model right now but they need to showcase both sides of the phone not just emphasize one side through marketing in a comical but you get the message way....we need some youtube videos going viral "

"BB10 of course is built with productivity in mind first no matter and that is why in the enterprise world nothing can get you through out your day as fast a BB no doubt about it and BB should NEVER lose that focus."

I am talking about portraying that in their commercials and marketing.......I said let them stay on their strategy no matter what but I said when creating commercials for their phones showcase the productivity first and foremost but also showcase the fun side of blackberry as well.......that is what I am trying to say.
    Both hands in my face.... You need to understand that BB doesn't want or need to show this. They are looking for Enterprise customers and fleet phone sales, and anything they pick up on the consumer end is just a bonus. They don't want to waste the very little marketing they already do showing a game because people that buy Blackberry's for business for the most part don't care about games on their phone. You are someone who does care but are a very small portion of the consumer end that does, and YOU are not Blackberry's customer right not. Do you think the Enterprise customer has access to the Amazon app store or Snap? I don't because it isn't allowed, and I would bet that most others don't either. So where are they getting all these great games from?
    southlander likes this.
    12-29-14 02:11 PM
    Many companies (including mine) don't allow you to download whatever you want to your phone. They have a strict policy on what apps are going on it (mine is none unless approved) so I don't know how that would even work.
    LOL thanks man I just get frustrated with BB sometimes I love them to death but they have such amazing devices and products that are just under rated in the consumer market that no one knows about and have horrible marketing sometimes (Thank god its better now but its not there yet) ...remember the keep moving commercials....oh boy......and the thing is you don't need millions of dollars you just need a few clever commercials that's all....
    12-29-14 02:12 PM
    Understand what the OP is saying but the reality is that BB is now a niche company... In all likelyhood you will never see them back in the consumer market... as there hardware market share shrinks and the revenues from Hardware is replaced by software/services revenue... you will see less and less emphasis on devices... at this point Chen has said 10 million devices to be profitable..... as more revenue comes in expect those numbers to shrink...perhaps if the company is bought out this may change... has really nothing to do if the phone is for work or not.... most in the consumer side are busily tilting at windmills while the Blackberry brand is sailing of the the land of Enterprise....
    12-29-14 02:14 PM
    Nothing new. There are plenty of threads asking for more aggressive marketing in all areas. You can do a search for them if you wish to read like minded threads and posts...

Posted via CB10
    Djlatino and Blacklatino like this.
    12-29-14 02:16 PM
    Both hands in my face.... You need to understand that BB doesn't want or need to show this. They are looking for Enterprise customers and fleet phone sales, and anything they pick up on the consumer end is just a bonus. They don't want to waste the very little marketing they already do showing a game because people that buy Blackberry's for business for the most part don't care about games on their phone. You are someone who does care but are a very small portion of the consumer end that does, and YOU are not Blackberry's customer right not. Do you think the Enterprise customer has access to the Amazon app store or Snap? I don't because it isn't allowed, and I would bet that most others don't either. So where are they getting all these great games from?
    Ok continue with that mentality then for short term that will work but as a long term strategy it will NOT work for the device side.....why do people still carry two phones.......why one blackberry and one iphone why not have one device that does business and fun well.......I work downtown Toronto and I see a lot of business users with BB devices both legacy and BB10 and they carry BB as a work phone but still have an iPhone because of some apps and games that are not on the BB 10 device or they didn't know they could get with his BB10 especially with 10.3.1 there is almost no app that can't be used with BB10.

Also big flaw with your theory with them not showing these apps and games....Kevin O'leary got a classic and had a passport and praised his classic as the best device ever but says he still carries his iPhone you know why.....hmmmm.....because he can't get Uber on his phone when with BB10 and 10.3.1 you can get Uber the android version on his device but he doesn't know that and that is one of the main reasons he still carries his iPhone with him......little things and sometimes that one app or game can make a difference...
    12-29-14 02:20 PM
    Donnation is correct to a degree. If it is a corporate issued device they may elect to allow Balance or they may not. Obviously Donnation got the short end of the stick. However, our company does so there ya have it lol. I think Robert is allowed to include the consumer into his concept. Yes the BB10 device can be a consumer device also, and a great one at that. It can do anything an iphone can and more and easier. HUB is more, I have all the apps, and I have an HDMI out port. Making it an awesome media consumption device. However Robert, let's keep that a secret as I really do enjoy belonging to the secret club. Passport and the people who really know!

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    12-29-14 02:23 PM
    Understand what the OP is saying but the reality is that BB is now a niche company... In all likelyhood you will never see them back in the consumer market... as there hardware market share shrinks and the revenues from Hardware is replaced by software/services revenue... you will see less and less emphasis on devices... at this point Chen has said 10 million devices to be profitable..... as more revenue comes in expect those numbers to shrink...perhaps if the company is bought out this may change... has really nothing to do if the phone is for work or not.... most in the consumer side are busily tilting at windmills while the Blackberry brand is sailing of the the land of Enterprise....
    That is the thing though I am not saying for BB to do consumer marketing at all....as I said in the post they need to still need to focus on their enterprise market but nothing is wrong that in the same business commercial you can show the fun side of that user even if its an extra 10 to 15 seconds of it.....you can put in there and still show the fun side of BB10 in a clever way that shows a message to both enterprise and consumers a like seeing it.....BB can sell so many devices if they just market both sides of BB10 80 percent enterprise focus and 20 percent consumer focus with the commercials that's all.
    12-29-14 02:23 PM
    Donnation is correct to a degree. If it is a corporate issued device they may elect to allow Balance or they may not. Obviously Donnation got the short end of the stick. However, our company does so there ya have it lol. I think Robert is allowed to include the consumer into his concept. Yes the BB10 device can be a consumer device also, and a great one at that. It can do anything an iphone can and more and easier. HUB is more, I have all the apps, and I have an HDMI out port. Making it an awesome media consumption device. However Robert, let's keep that a secret as I really do enjoy belonging to the secret club. Passport and the people who really know!

Posted via CB10
    Fine I won't say anything since its a secret . Donnation doesn't get it period, yes some companies don't allow it period but a lot of companies do allow it and that is the purpose of BB balance is it not......Just when people think blackberry or talk blackberry they either have a confused disgusted on their face or BB is work only...we need to change that mentality big time as a long term strategy....
    12-29-14 02:25 PM
    Ok continue with that mentality then for short term that will work but as a long term strategy it will NOT work for the device side.....why do people still carry two phones.......why one blackberry and one iphone why not have one device that does business and fun well.......I work downtown Toronto and I see a lot of business users with BB devices both legacy and BB10 and they carry BB as a work phone but still have an iPhone because of some apps and games that are not on the BB 10 device or they didn't know they could get with his BB10 especially with 10.3.1 there is almost no app that can't be used with BB10.

Also big flaw with your theory with them not showing these apps and games....Kevin O'leary got a classic and had a passport and praised his classic as the best device ever but says he still carries his iPhone you know why.....hmmmm.....because he can't get Uber on his phone when with BB10 and 10.3.1 you can get Uber the android version on his device but he doesn't know that and that is one of the main reasons he still carries his iPhone with him......little things and sometimes that one app or game can make a difference...
    Lol yes they can get almost any android app in 10.3.1 but saying they run well is a bit of a stretch. Many of them are still slow and lag and a lot of times aren't the complete app (google services apps). The nonsense that Android apps run on Blackberries as well as they do on Android phones is a complete joke.
    Blacklatino and devin266 like this.
    12-29-14 02:35 PM
    Lol yes they can get almost any android app in 10.3.1 but saying they run well is a bit of a stretch. Many of them are still slow and lag and a lot of times aren't the complete app (google services apps). The nonsense that Android apps run on Blackberries as well as they do on Android phones is a complete joke.
    I dont know about that I've tried a lot of android apps and games with 10.3.1 on my Z30 and they work no problem and aren't slow at all......However I agree with the Blackberry can run android apps just as smooth as android....not possible.......maybe a few but not most of them.....
    12-29-14 02:39 PM
    Let me guess, you like to go to buffets because they have everything you might want and you're not too picky about it.
    six6xis likes this.
    12-29-14 02:40 PM
    If they want to sell more phones
    I know it's blasphemy here, but have you ever considered that what BB really wants to sell more of is BES licenses, and that selling phones is only being done right now as a means to do so, and that as soon as it can be accomplished, BB will exit the risky, lower-profit handset business and become a much more profitable software and services company? BES 12 will manage all relevant smartphones, is improving all the time, and Google and Apple have been working to make their OSs easier to manage by software such as BES. BB's enterprise handset niche, which grows smaller every day, will continue to be eroded by the competition, which is only growing more intense with bigger and bigger players getting involved, but BES (unlike the handsets) can compete will, even with non-BB phones, and can be very profitable.

BB handset sales are already well under Chen's own minimum sales numbers (10M/year) to break even, and BB doesn't have the money to make a consumer play, so it's unlikely that handsets have a long-term future at BB. BES could easily grow, though, and BB has potential in other areas, such as the oft-mentioned IoT. Handset sales continue to shrink, and the markets for them continue to shrink (even as the overall smartphone market continues to grow), and BBM has pretty much lost its shot at being viable on the marketplace, as it continues to shrink.

If you were planning to transform BB into a software and services company, as Chen clearly is, then all of these decisions make perfect sense. They only don't make sense if you think that BB plans to re-enter the consumer handset market, which, honestly, only a few diehard fans really believe anymore. Chen clearly doesn't, and has said so on many occasions.
    12-29-14 02:53 PM
    You get way too wound up over these things, man. Chill.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    12-29-14 03:43 PM
177 123 ...