I used both jawbones and loved them. I now use the Plantronics 925 and am seriously considering purchasing the Jawbone Prime.
    12-13-09 10:46 PM
    Jawbone prime is the best you can get your hands on!!
    12-13-09 10:55 PM
    i use bang & olufsen earset2 for last 3 years, cant leave without even thought i have integrated bluetooth system in my car, most of the times i like to have privacy and using my headset and turning off system in my car, before i get it i try ed so many headsets, but this one is the best in every way, you can wear it all day and never rfix it in your ear, even thought it not small, but its pricey of course
    12-13-09 11:09 PM
    Jawbone is great, drowns out that awful background noise when driving..Have used 1 & 2 only!
    12-14-09 01:27 AM
    Just got my Jawbone Prime today. It is great!
    12-16-09 08:23 PM
    The ONLY "complaint" I have about the Jawbone Prime is its on/off switch and volume control. I don't like the way they function in terms of them being slightly challenging when pressing them.
    12-16-09 09:20 PM
    I use a Kenwood KDC-X993 aftermarket stereo when driving. The sound quality is awesome, I just talk normally and never need to worry about wearing an earpiece. I've questioned people that I'm calling and I'm told they hear me very clearly, with some road noise in the background, but my Subaru isn't really the quietest car in the world either. The phonebook and recent calls get sycned to the stereo too!
    Last edited by thinair; 12-16-09 at 09:45 PM.
    12-16-09 09:33 PM
    Jawbone Prime here....Love it
    01-15-10 03:07 PM
    I just got the Plantronics Voyager 855 so I could stream music, and it's great. Now I can stream Pandora radio and voice notes as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-10 04:38 PM
    I have the BlueAnt V1, and Moto H12. Both work great.

For music, I have the Moto S9 HD. Sound on this with the 9700 is exceptional.
    Those of you that have the Moto H12 am tring to listen to my music is it possible to listen to music using the H12

01-23-10 05:22 PM
    Jawbone Prime and I love it. I wish I could hear my music through it but it is the best bluetooth I have ever EVER used. I hate the ear loops and this fits in my ear comfortably. So I deal with not being able to listen to my music, my calls are clear and even with noise and wind...........
    01-24-10 12:48 AM
    I have a Jawbone Prime and I like it a great deal, especially with noise cancellation. There was a review here in the front page blog on the Q1 yesterday. There are some reports that it's noise cancellation isn't all that hot.

Personally, while I'm like my Prime, I cannot say I'd quickly recommend it to anyone, at least not without a bunch of caveats to go along with it (the fit leaves something to be desired and I'm not thrilled with the battery life).
    01-24-10 12:57 AM
    Anyone tried the Jawbone Icon yet? Good? No?
    01-27-10 04:12 AM
    Good question, I'm anxious to hear feedback on it. Kinda ticks me off that I bought the Prime and now this revised version comes out with some neat, new features. Of course, I should be used to that by now, story of my life!

Update: I found this review of the Icon on Gizmodo: Aliph Jawbone Icon Review: Bluetooth Celebutante - Jawbone icon review - Gizmodo

Anyone tried the Jawbone Icon yet? Good? No?
    Last edited by EnergyPlus; 01-27-10 at 02:47 PM.
    01-27-10 11:54 AM
    I purchased an ICON last Sunday afternoon. The main selling points were the new feature called MyTALK and the cost. Only $99.99 for the newest Jawbone earpiece. I purchased the Rogue thinking that it would have the voice that is paired to that earpiece on their website but it came with a default factory setting that would have to be changed as soon as I could figure out how....or so I thought.

The MyTALK portion of the ICON is still in Private BETA Testing. You have to request an invitation to be allowed in to use a service that I was under the impression I was paying for when purchasing the earpiece. After the initial disappointment of this wore off, I submitted my email address and began the waiting process to receive my invitation. I received my invite yesterday afternoon and I was able to log in and use the site. As you may or may not know, there are 6 different ICONs with 6 different voices available to download to the earpiece. I was able to change the default voice setting that was on the ICON when I purchased it to the one that's paired to it on the website.There are also several voice apps that are available for download as well. The site is pretty simple and easy to use. I had to install the Jawbone Updater so the earpiece is recognized when I plug it in via USB. This was also a simple self-explanatory process.

As far as the earpiece itself, I'm liking it a lot. Everyone I have talked to on it have said that they didn't realize I was on the headset. They all said how clear I sounded and there was no background noise or echo. Volume is controlled by the phone it's paired with. You may want to turn on the audio boost feature on your phone if you have one. I have found this helps if you use it in a noisy environment. The earpiece fits good in my ear and is pretty lightweight. I have worn it all day to see if I could stand it and I was able to do so.

Other than MYTALK being in BETA testing, I have nothing but good things to say about my ICON.
    01-27-10 07:52 PM
    I bought a Plantronics Discovery 925. It fit perfectly in my ear, but everyone I talked to sounded robotic.

So I exchanged it for the Jawbone Prime. That one sounded PERFECT, but I couldn't get it to fit in my ear. With 6 tips, not one fit right, 4 were too big and 2 were too small. So I returned it.

Then for Christmas I got a Plantronics Discovery 975. I love love love this headset! Fits great in my ear, and everything sounds great!! My mom complained about the way I sounded on my previous headsets, but with this one, she doesn't even know using a headset.
    01-27-10 08:47 PM
    I had jawbone prime and it worked great but got water damage. I'm thinking about getting the Icon.
    01-31-10 10:15 AM
    I saw Rocketfish at BestBuy and wonder how well the sound quality was... love the price and the small size.
    02-03-10 04:39 PM
    Is the Plantronics 925 compatible with the Tour?

Can I use any bluetooth headset with my bluetooth enabled phone?
    Last edited by bertytwister; 02-03-10 at 09:17 PM.
    02-03-10 09:09 PM
    Plantronics explorer 210 found it at costco for 19.99 works good enough for me and I don't need to use the earhook for it to stay in

02-04-10 07:13 AM
    I used a jawbone 2 for the longest time til my car was broken into last month and i LOVED that headset! The comfort, the noise cancellation and the clarity was outstanding IMO! I was more bummed that was stolen out of my car than my car stereo! lol.

After that I used my old plantronics 925 and remembered why I got the jawbone. It doesnt fit in my ear at all and the long boom mic weighs it down so it ends up pointing downward in my my ear.

Now I have the jawbone Icon and its great! I usually always like to have a earhook in my headset but the primes earbud fits like a champ!! (but it still comes with an optional earhook and various sized earbuds) I wish it used the old jawbone connection for charging (only cause then I'd have spare chargers)but now its a micro USB which is fine since I have a 9700 with the same connection so when I get a car charger it will work on both. The mytalk app isnt all that, its cool but not great. I like the fact jawbone will have firmware updates for the headset and are working on streaming music through it! The volume seems louder than the jawbone 2 as well and noise cancellation is just as great. Ive talked to a few people and asked how was I sounding and all said they couldnt tell I was even on a bluetooth. I'd recommend it over the prime simply cause its cheaper and quality is going to be almost the exact same.
    02-09-10 11:02 PM
    Does anyone know when or if the Icon will actually allow you to listen to your music? I can't find anything on the website that states it.

I guess before jumping into asking questions, I currently have a Samsung paired with my Curve 8350. It works well and no one has complained about sounding robotic or asking me to speak up. I'm happy with it and it was free with my previous phone (Pearl). I just got the Curve this weekend and tried listening to streaming radio only to find out that it doesn't play over my bluetooth. I don't think everyone on the train wants to hear my music, although it might drown out the sound of me singing to it better. So, I would be interested in the Icon if it allows for this in the future. Just hearing at least a dozen people have the Jawbone and love it so much makes me want to try it out.
    Last edited by bluezgo; 02-10-10 at 02:14 AM.
    02-10-10 02:11 AM
    While Jawbone might suggest the Icon will do music, until it does, I would not count on it. Just expressing my cynicism.

I did try using the BTPLAY (see earlier thread on it) app on my Tour with the Icon and it did not work to send music to the icon.
    02-10-10 09:13 AM
    Honestly I couldn't care if the icon streams music cause it wouldn't sound good mono anyhow, plus that's why blackberrys comes with the 3.5mm jack!

02-10-10 09:54 PM
    I was pondering this question today while driving and thought I'd post it here to see what others might have to day.

I have a Storm 2 and a Jawbone Prime (this question applies to the Storm 1 as well, since I experienced the same thing with that device). When I am using just my phone, no headset, and choose "Voice Dial" the prompt come up immediately, responds with a verification of the Name/Home/Mobile/Office, etc. of the person I wish to call, and when I say "Yes" it immediately places the call.

However, when I do the same thing with my Jawbone, there are very LONG delays between the acknowledgement tone at every step, from the initial "Say Your Command" which is followed by a beep, to a confirmation of the name of the person I wish to call, also followed by a beep, to a response to my "Yes" command when it says it is going to place the call. I'm just wondering why there are such long delays between the command prompt (from me or from the VD feature) and the confirmation beep...it's annoying and weird!

UPDATE: Ok, since I didn't hear from anyone here, I went ahead and called Jawbone's tech support. After describing the problem to the tech (very nice), he said no problem and walked me through a series of two different factory resets of the Jawbone, then deleting the device from my Storm 2, then doing a battery pull (not sure if that part was necessary) and then re-pairing the Jawbone. So far, MUCH better!
    Last edited by EnergyPlus; 02-11-10 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Update New Info
    02-10-10 10:11 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD