Jawbone Icon here too (Thinker).

I have used it for a few days and really like it. The sound is good. The fit was very good (first BT headset I have used that didn't cause some sort of pain). This is my first headset that works with two phones, and it really is seamless.

I do wish that it came with a little case of some sort though.
    03-02-10 11:05 PM
    I have been using the Jawbone Icon for a couple of weeks and am very impressed with the sound quality. Unfortunately, I am only getting about 3 hours of talk time from a charge. Anyone else with short talk time?
    03-03-10 09:05 AM
    Jawbone Icon here too (Thinker).

I have used it for a few days and really like it. The sound is good. The fit was very good (first BT headset I have used that didn't cause some sort of pain). This is my first headset that works with two phones, and it really is seamless.

I do wish that it came with a little case of some sort though.
    I whipped up my own case

I did scrap off the label but I guess if you left the label on, your case would have return identification on it. I do wish the vial were just a tad bit shorter for a more compact fit.
    03-03-10 09:50 AM
    jawBone Icon works good for me but i do wish the fit was a little better but i can live with it.
    03-08-10 11:58 PM
    As much as I like the Jawbone prime for its quality, I think its ease of use is far inferior to other Bluetooth ear pieces I've used. Just try changing the volume on a call without hanging up on someone. Voice dialing commands? These and more are a pain in the @ss.
    03-09-10 12:01 AM
    I too love the H12. I once dropped it outside for a rainy week and it stilled work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

you guys are buggin on the H12. That thing sounds like crap. Nobody can ever understand me when I'm on it. The second I switch it off they usually breath a sigh of relief. It's better then the first bluetooth I owned but not even close to being on par to what's out now. I am currently looking to replace mine and have considered crushing it under my feet at least once a week since I got it.
    03-09-10 03:15 AM
    jawBone Icon works good for me but i do wish the fit was a little better but i can live with it.
    Are you getting close to the rated talk time of 4.5 hours? I can only get around 3 hours at best.
    03-09-10 09:17 AM
    I have a plantronics 9xx series works really good for me. Oh btw way i am tethering on bluetooth with my netbook and listening to Pandora while on my plantronics with bluetooth so thats pretty cool lol .
    Last edited by zurch; 03-09-10 at 09:28 AM.
    03-09-10 09:25 AM
    Well I just bought the RIM HS-500. And I have to say I'm very impressed. It automatically adjusts incoming volume based on the noise levels around me. And works very well!! In fact, at times it's too loud and I end up adjusting the volume down on the Blackberry.

And that leads to the one downside...there is no volume adjustment on the HS-500 itself. So if you don't like where it adjusts the volume to you need to do it on the Blackberry itself. However I've been very pleased/impressed with it. I actually left myself a test voicemail while going through a car wash and couldn't believe how well it eliminated the noise of the car wash. The only real issue I've experienced was listening to a podcast and it wasn't as loud as I would have liked even after turning the volume up on my Blackberry. But otherwise very good. I've been LIVING with this thing in my ear (long story but husband in hospital for 3 weeks and had to keep in touch with work, friends and family) and have just been very, very impressed with its performance. I had a Plantronics 855 prior to this headset. The plantronics performed pretty well but the HS-500 does a better job with eliminating background noise. And it's a very simple headset as well (HS 500). One button and an on/off switch.

ETA: I had originally complained that the mute on the headset resulted in a tone every 8 to 10 seconds which in my opinion is unacceptable. I did finally get through to RIM and they confirmed this headset isn't meant to get user installed flash updates, so it is what it is. However tell me I felt like a complete !diot when he pointed out that I could always use the mute function on the Blackberry itself instead of the headset. So an acceptable work around, although in an ideal world I'd rather have the tone issue fixed on the headset. The headset is guaranteed within easy reach (and same place each time). Using the mute on the phone might cause a bit more "fumbling". But I can live with it especially considering the performance of the headset.
    Last edited by French; 03-21-10 at 07:01 AM.
    03-09-10 04:29 PM
    I whipped up my own case

I did scrap off the label but I guess if you left the label on, your case would have return identification on it. I do wish the vial were just a tad bit shorter for a more compact fit.
    hey thats not a bad idea.
    03-11-10 05:38 AM
    I had carried the larger jawbone (orig??) in one of the larger/wider vials. I think the very narrowest vial might work but tight without the ear piece. (g)
    03-11-10 08:58 AM
    Today I'm returning my Jawbone Prime. I purchased it on 12-14-09, but the retailer said I can bring it in for an exchange. They don't have the Prime anymore, but he said he'll give me the ICON as a free exchange.

Why am I returning the Prime? Quite simply because it sucks. It has become virtually useless, as my conversations are breaking up; people can barely hear me; I can barely hear them through all the breakups.

It's just awful!
    03-20-10 11:36 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD