I love this website and I have received and given assistance to fellow CrackBerry users which has been awesome. However, I wondered why people that used to have BlackBerry devices still hang around here and spew their hate on BlackBerry.

I'm not talking about the objective former users that are gone for good or BlackBerry users that may come back some day, like I did. These people often contribute to an honest conversation and have insight into other devices I think we mostly welcome at CrackBerry. I can think of a couple of pretty cool ones right off the top of my head.

I'm talking about the haters that have to attack any thread that says anything positive. Any comment that a fellow CrackBerry user makes praising something about BlackBerry is followed with a spiteful attack on BlackBerry by these people.

I figured out why. I said it above. This is an awesome website. The forums, the prompt and honest information (sometimes brutally honest) posted by the crew running it just make it the best place to know what is happening on BlackBerry land.

Maybe they also feel that they lost a little something when they left BB. I left myself for the latest and greatest and found myself missing my BB. Yes, even if it crashed and did not have the super OS7 web and youtube experience I came back for the Torch 9800. I decided that the positives out weighed the negatives and some of it was just a feeling. I just wanted to have a BlackBerry.

With BB it has always been a love hate relationship for me. It does some things so well that I just can't believe it and it sucks so bad at others that I think about flying it against the wall sometimes. However, when I look around it still seems to be the right phone for me. I love it and I just can't see using anything else. It is kind of strange, since I try to be logical about things but when I see my Bold 9930 on my desk, it just feels right. Better than anything out there for me (and I have had everything else).

So, haters, I guess you are here to stay, but so are we. The few, the proud, the members of the BlackBerry Legion.

Long live BlackBerry and CrackBerry!
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 11-22-11 at 07:35 AM.
    11-21-11 11:14 PM
    The haters claim it's their responsibility to come to a BB enthusiasts site and tell us there are better choices than the one we made, which implies that we’re unable to make our own decision about what’s best for our smart phone needs.

I think it's a combination of insecurity and regret. Most of the time when people make a decision they're either not totally comfortable with or flat-out regret, they feel the need to justify it to themselves by either getting others to make the same decision or to attempt to trash whatever it is they left.
    11-21-11 11:36 PM
    word!

people are weird, wacky, wild, koolaid style
    11-21-11 11:39 PM
    "it just feels right", that's exactly it. That's exactly how it feels. I don't/won't knock other devices because I've never used them. Well I did use an iphone one time but not enough to pass judgement and I did play with an android or two briefly while setting them up for my technically challenged friends/family but it only makes me love and appreciate my trusted BB even more.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-11 11:52 PM
    The mods here actually do a good job of taking out the troll trash. Sites like BGR, engadget and other less-than-reputable sites are plagued with members that love to hate. Like they take hating to a new level.

Lol. It's like the hating Olympics there--at the highest level. I've never seen such an aggregation of people who welcome and consistently express their distaste and disrespect for a piece of technology in my life, haha. It's really sad.

I agree with all points made so far though. GO RIM GO! Crackberry has quite a quality forum.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-22-11 12:31 AM
    I'm going to use this as an opportunity to list a few reasons why I choose BlackBerry...

security including full encryption- My smartphone carries allot of personal/private/important information and security isn't an area I'm willing to compromise in

OS layout & multi-tasking- I can get things done on my Berry very quickly. My Berry is a tool first. Not a play thing.

plethora of user options- I like being able to tailor my device for my needs

keyboards- for me its much more enjoyable to type on a real keyboard and I'm more accurate.

track pads- easy one handed use. less hand movement needed.

push email- no synching to worry about

many models and price points to choose from- People are different. We have different wants and needs. No one device is perfect for everyone despite what some people may have you believe.

exterior styling- OS7 device line-up is hot! nuff said

BBM- still the benchmark for messaging systems after all these years.

BBM Music- With over 7,000 songs currently on my device, 5 bucks a month definitely beats the 1 buck per song that iTunes charges. Plus its fun as I get to experience new music and share with friends and there's always an influx of new songs.

Removable Batteries- Run out of juice and i simply pop a new battery in. Easy.

Removable SD cards- Never a storage problem unlike some devices that don't offer accessible cards. Its also important that the card is encrypted with a device key.

data compression- not important when I'm on the Sprint network, but saves money when I'm on others

BlackBerry Bridge- Allows me to use my BlackBerry phone's internet for FREE when wifi is not available for my Playbook

Durable design- Who likes having to buy a new device because their old one broke?
    Last edited by Jake2826; 11-22-11 at 12:20 PM.
    11-22-11 01:07 AM
    The mods here actually do a good job of taking out the troll trash. Sites like BGR, engadget and other less-than-reputable sites are plagued with members that love to hate. Like they take hating to a new level.

Lol. It's like the hating Olympics there--at the highest level. I've never seen such an aggregation of people who welcome and consistently express their distaste and disrespect for a piece of technology in my life, haha. It's really sad.

I agree with all points made so far though. GO RIM GO! Crackberry has quite a quality forum.
    You make me very glad I chose this forum to join!!
    11-22-11 01:29 AM
    I visited other forums to check out the level of hate/love there.
    The first thing I noticed was that those forums resembled abandoned ruins. There was negligible activity there.
    Second, most of the posts there were from people trying the clarify certain features or share information on the new features.
    There were hardly any hate posts there and also no posts professing undying love.
    Either the people there are asking stuff or the haters have moved on.
    I guess that crackberry being an active forum means that people who want to have any social interaction have no where to go, whether it is to hate or love.
    I guess it's better to have an active forum with haters and lovers slugging it out rather than an abandoned ruin.
    11-22-11 02:01 AM
    I know exactly why they stay here, here they're special, they're the iphone or android owner on a blackberry forum, they're afraid if the move completely to tipi.com or android central they will get lost in a mass of similar minded people and they wouldn't get the attention anymore.

A French Chef in London is a French Chef, in Paris he's just a Chef.

11-22-11 04:15 AM
    I would venture a guess that many (not all) of the BLIND haters are simply teenagers that lack the maturity to

A. Think for themselves. They have to have what is "cool" and hate what is perceived as "uncool"

B. Respect the fact that other people can in fact think for themselves and make their choices accordingly.

Eventually they will grow up and will be able to contribute meaningfully to discussions regardless of the platform they are currently using.

Jake2826 likes this.
    11-22-11 06:24 AM
    Hating under an anonymous moniker is so very easy these days. Envy may drive some of the process, but the ease of posting and the lack of identification make the process so available that some use the forum simply to offer their form of graffiti. Most times the haters are easy enough to ignore. There are so many very fine contributors here in the forums the site continues to reign as by far the best BB site around.
    11-22-11 07:12 AM
    I love this website and I have received and given assistance to fellow CrackBerry users which has been awesome. However, I wondered why people that used to have BlackBerry devices still hang around here and spew their hate on BlackBerry.

I'm not talking about the objective former users that are gone for good or BlackBerry users that may come back some day, like I did. These people often contribute to an honest conversation and have insight into other devices I think we mostly welcome at CrackBerry. I can think of a couple of pretty cool ones right off the top of my head.

I'm talking about the haters that have to attack any thread that says anything positive. Any comment that a fellow CrackBerry user makes praising something about BlackBerry is followed with a spiteful attack on BlackBerry by these people.

I figured out why. I said it above. This is an awesome website. The forums, the prompt and honest information (sometimes brutally honest) posted by the crew running it just make it the best place to know what is happening on BlackBerry land.

Maybe they also feel that they lost a little something when they left BB. I left myself for the latest and greatest and found myself missing my BB. Yes, even if it crashed and did not have the super OS7 web and youtube experience I came back for the Torch 9800. I decided that the positives out weighed the negatives and some of it was just a feeling. I just wanted to have a BlackBerry.

With BB it has always been a love hate relationship for me. It does some things so well that I just can't believe it and it sucks so bad at others that I think about flying it against the wall sometimes. However, when I look around it still seems to be the right phone for me. I love it and I just can't see using anything else. It is kind of strange, since I try to be logical about things but when I see my Bold 9930 on my desk, it just feels right. Better than anything out there for me (and I have had everything else).

So, haters, I guess you are here to stay, but so are we. The few, the proud, the BlackBerry Legion.

Long live BlackBerry and CrackBerry!
    My exact feelings I tried android phones I tried iphones but in the end my heart always longed for my blackberry. No matter how new the device was or how great it was I always missed my blackberry and can honestly say after going to the dark side and coming back being a Crackberry user is what I will always be. Mike
    Last edited by mjordan5; 11-22-11 at 08:45 AM.
    Jake2826 and guerllamo7 like this.
    11-22-11 07:17 AM
    Some people simply thrive on conflict. if you say something is black they will say it is white. they get a kick out of presenting contrary views and stirring things up.
    11-22-11 07:24 AM
    In certain topics they even give negative comment that has nothing to do with the topic at all. Just wants you to smack em in the face. I dont go to other forums to talk smack about another phone, just because I dont own one or don't own one anymore.
    Last edited by Delil; 07-18-12 at 04:36 AM. Reason: typo's
    11-22-11 07:29 AM
    One other reasons the haters are here. For some of them, it's their job. The less reputable platforms hire pr firms to smear the competition.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    11-22-11 07:46 AM
    I know exactly why they stay here, here they're special, they're the iphone or android owner on a blackberry forum, they're afraid if the move completely to tipi.com or android central they will get lost in a mass of similar minded people and they wouldn't get the attention anymore.

^^^Love this. Profound, man.

11-22-11 08:47 AM

However, a troll is a troll, wherever they roll.

Having seen the good, the bad, and the ugly, the best thing to do is flag the Mod Squad and help them take out the trash. The more members that help do this, the less our forum will look like a virtual Zoccati(sp?) Park.
    guerllamo7 likes this.
    11-22-11 09:28 AM
    I agree with much of what folks have said here, but I'd like to add on more point.

When the trolls pose a ridiculous question like "why do RIM products suck ?" the RIM supporters rush in and "defend the honor" of RIM. My point is they do this silly crap to provoke a response and the more the faithful reply, the more outrageous or venomous the threads/replies will become. We have to always remember, they're not adding any value to the Blackberry ownership experience and any further investment in time is a waste.

So, in my view a reply with "go away" or "get a life" is all that needs to be said. An even better response is......nothing. The more emotion spilled on the reply the more these needy folks will be encouraged to continue.
    pkcable, JBenn911 and Jake2826 like this.
    11-22-11 09:48 AM
    I agree with much of what folks have said here, but I'd like to add on more point.

When the trolls pose a ridiculous question like "why do RIM products suck ?" the RIM supporters rush in and "defend the honor" of RIM. My point is they do this silly crap to provoke a response and the more the faithful reply, the more outrageous or venomous the threads/replies will become. We have to always remember, they're not adding any value to the Blackberry ownership experience and any further investment in time is a waste.

So, in my view a reply with "go away" or "get a life" is all that needs to be said. An even better response is......nothing. The more emotion spilled on the reply the more these needy folks will be encouraged to continue.
    Arguing with a troll is like wrestling with a pig in a mudhole; eventually you realize it's the pig that's having fun.

11-22-11 10:54 AM
    I think pr firms do use popular forums to spread negativity towards RIM. It is so easy to do and has the potential to cause serious damage.

Crackberry.com is popular, why wouldn't some of these trolls with wild flaming statements about RIM and BB devices be paid to do it

I think they're easy to spot....they say things like "pb is useless", or "I bought it and returned it the next day", or "it's a race and BB is still tying its shoes".....
    Last edited by anthogag; 11-22-11 at 11:38 AM.
    guerllamo7 likes this.
    11-22-11 11:27 AM
    I think pr firms do use popular forums to spread negativity towards RIM. It is so easy to do and has the potential to cause serious damage.

Crackberry.com is popular, why wouldn't some of these trolls with wild flaming statements about RIM and BB devices be paid to do it

I think they're easy to spot....they say things like "pb is useless", or "I bought it and returned it the next day", or "it's a race and BB is still tying its shoes".....
    Boo yah. I'm a troll. I made the last statement on another thread.

People are lumping everyone into one category if you don't worship BB and have a RIM shrine on your fireplace. I use BOTH an iPhone and a BB. I like BOTH of my phones for different reasons. I am peeved that I'm stuck in 2009 with my Storm2 and since I've had my iPhone there's already been several updates to both the iOS and the apps - something I've yet to get either of on my Storm2.

Not everyone who disagrees with people who worship BB are trolls. FTR, I am a member at TiPB and post there also. I post here because I've made friends here AND I still use a BB. Voicing my opinions on how frustrated I am with the lack of updates on my S2 doesn't make me a troll anymore than anyone else who posts that they tried a BB and didn't like it. It's not for everyone.
    Last edited by ColdSunshine; 11-22-11 at 11:52 AM.
    moiselles, guerllamo7 and Chrisy like this.
    11-22-11 11:47 AM
    I no longer own a BlackBerry, I use an iPhone, but when I joined this site I was a proud BB owner. I stay because I genuinely like it here and because I have an interest in all mobile operating systems, which is why I also regularly post at TiPB and sometimes at AC as well. I'm critical of RIM sometimes but I've also been critical of Apple on this site as well. I don't consider myself a troll but that being said I have gotten in to a spat or two with some people and they may consider me one. I try to be equally critical of all companies though because let's face it, their products are meant to serve us, not the other way around.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-22-11 11:54 AM
    Arguing with a troll is like wrestling with a pig in a mudhole; eventually you realize it's the pig that's having fun.

Arguing with fanboys is much worse...
    Last edited by gbsn; 11-22-11 at 11:58 AM.
    moiselles and Chrisy like this.
    11-22-11 11:56 AM
    I understand the point the OP and others are making. But how many threads about "trolls" do we need?

Yikes.
    11-22-11 11:58 AM
    The haters claim it's their responsibility to come to a BB enthusiasts site and tell us there are better choices than the one we made, which implies that we�re unable to make our own decision about what�s best for our smart phone needs.

I think it's a combination of insecurity and regret. Most of the time when people make a decision they're either not totally comfortable with or flat-out regret, they feel the need to justify it to themselves by either getting others to make the same decision or to attempt to trash whatever it is they left.
    There is no doubt that many of the posters that attack BlackBerry have a combination of insecurity, regret, and/or the need to feel superior. These posters seem to base their self esteem on their phone or tablet. But that sword is double edged. Often, in the middle of a discussion, someone will voice their opinion in an intelligent, non attacking way and it is the BlackBerry users that come across as the insecure ones.
    11-22-11 12:15 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD