I know many of you have similar feelings/stories, but I'm feeling pretty low about all the time I've spent (arguably, wasted) on Blackberry.

I remember when I worked at Rogers and got my first 8700. It was honestly one of the best tech days of my life. From unboxing it to killing every countless minute in my university classes playing brick breaker, there was nothing better! Then I remember when the iPhone came out, then I remember when phones running Android came out. I stuck with Blackberry, even when their phones weren't the best on the market, and I defend the company and products on a daily basis (it seems). And now it's looking like everyone else was right...

I used to say, "a company with $3 billion in the bank and no debt doesn't just decide to sell" and "they just released two amazing phones that just need a little bit of time in the market..." I guess I was wrong? What's the point in defending a company that pretty much told the world "Blackberry followers ... we're giving up."

Anyone else feeling similarly?
    08-18-13 03:47 AM
    I was deflated. Then I used an air pump. Now I'm ok. Want me to lend you my air pump?
    08-18-13 04:17 AM
    What was discussed in the boardroom that led to this decision, we may never know. The intentions behind the announcements as well as the timing thereof are not crystal clear for now but the board must know what the possibilities are. I for one don't beleive an outright sale will make sense and I don't think it will happen. There are several articles and posts on the topic (Chris did an excellent one recently). I remain confident that BlackBerry will survive as a company but more importantly as a brand.

Posted via CB10
    Chris H likes this.
    08-18-13 04:43 AM
    I know many of you have similar feelings/stories, but I'm feeling pretty low about all the time I've spent (arguably, wasted) on Blackberry.

I remember when I worked at Rogers and got my first 8700. It was honestly one of the best tech days of my life. From unboxing it to killing every countless minute in my university classes playing brick breaker, there was nothing better! Then I remember when the iPhone came out, then I remember when phones running Android came out. I stuck with Blackberry, even when their phones weren't the best on the market, and I defend the company and products on a daily basis (it seems). And now it's looking like everyone else was right...

I used to say, "a company with $3 billion in the bank and no debt doesn't just decide to sell" and "they just released two amazing phones that just need a little bit of time in the market..." I guess I was wrong? What's the point in defending a company that pretty much told the world "Blackberry followers ... we're giving up."

You speak as if you were never happy with BlackBerry when that doesn't appear to be the case from your post.

Like many other people, you are saddened by the news. And you have every right to be. You defended a product you enjoyed using...never regret that.

Additionally, until BlackBerry pulls the plug on BlackBerry...well, it isn't over until it's over.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 04:47 AM
    I wish people would stop assuming the worst.

They're looking at strategic options, and that could wind up taking a number of forms. And if the current quarter is at all decent it may give them a little more breathing room.

The stakes are high, and it's easy to get discouraged, but they're doing everything that they're able to. The lights are still on, they're still releasing updates. Keep the faith.
    08-18-13 04:50 AM
    I wish people would stop assuming the worst.
    I think the common logic is if it wasn't something negative, then someone, anyone, from BlackBerry would get themselves in front of a camera. sadly BlackBerry has just sat back and let the media write what they wish, which is anything but condusive to a good sales environment and definitely isn't helping the perception of the BlackBerry brand.
    08-18-13 05:04 AM
    I think the common logic is if it wasn't something negative, then someone, anyone, from BlackBerry would get themselves in front of a camera.
    We've got the CO-ARMCHAIR Ceo's chipping in telling us all everything is going to be just fine, that's enough for me
    danprown likes this.
    08-18-13 05:10 AM
    I'm feeling pretty excited actually.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen likes this.
    08-18-13 05:12 AM
    We've got the CO-ARMCHAIR Ceo's chipping in telling us all everything is going to be just fine, that's enough for me
    lol, sadly not even 5% of BlackBerry users are members of CB, so I don't think it`ll make that much a difference what people say here anyways.
    Fnen90 likes this.
    08-18-13 05:18 AM
    I got deflated after about a month with the Z10.
    08-18-13 05:26 AM
    I still get pleasure and utility out of my BlackBerry products everyday and just want that to continue for as long as possible. I'll never be drawn into the living hell that is Apple Macintosh.
    mnhockeycoach99 likes this.
    08-18-13 05:48 AM
    The crying never stops. BB long lives!

BB Z10 Rocks!
    08-18-13 05:49 AM
    I think the told "stratetic options" is to save the medium-term future. To spread BB10 os only with own devices will not be enough to be successfully in the future. Imagine that in the next time a lot of chinese producers (in germany huawei is already avaiable, with a 149 € smartphone!!!!) will push their devices to the markets outside asia, with mega-ultra-hyper dumping prices. So all big sellers, apple, samsung etc. will become under pressure. Blackberry should quickly make a the step befor them to look for a partnership with a ultralowcost producer (maybe lenovo), licensing BB10os for example without "balance", only for consumers. This will spread a solid os (i cannot imagine, that ultra-lowcost android devices are stable etc.) to the mass.
    08-18-13 06:02 AM
    Nope, I use my Z10 daily and I like it, it will take time to dig out of the hole they have dug themselves into. Maybe it wont be so bad to have someone to merge with BB and forge ahead to new heights. They may even have to go in a new direction. Not sure what this mobile computing is all about, so maybe this is what there intention is to hook up with another company to bring it to light.
    08-18-13 06:17 AM

Deflated? Feeling low? Seriously?? Why would the status of a phone/electronics company have any bearing on your emotional state? Really?
    graylingboy, jegs2, bekkay and 6 others like this.
    08-18-13 06:44 AM
    I was deflated. Then I used an air pump. Now I'm ok. Want me to lend you my air pump?
    Lol

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    08-18-13 06:57 AM
    Deflated? Feeling low? Seriously?? Why would the status of a phone/electronics company have any bearing on your emotional state? Really?
    Hostess quit making Twinkies for awhile, you mean that didn't depress you?

Come losing something you like (which hasn't happened yet) is depressing a little bit.
    08-18-13 07:06 AM
    The crying never stops. BB long lives!

BB Z10 Rocks!
    Neither does the denial.
    Keep Moving.
    bekkay likes this.
    08-18-13 07:08 AM
    i find this difficult to believe with the sheer amount of hot air blackberry leadership has been releasing in the past few weeks/months
    08-18-13 07:08 AM
    Love!

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 07:15 AM
    I felt deflated too. Went out and bought a new phone.

Feeling perfect now tbh.
    08-18-13 07:18 AM
    Actually, from what I read, the factory for Twinkies kept humming along (outside USA) while its parent, Hostess Brands, was liquidated to highest bidder. New owners returned Twinkies to store shelves in July (I think).

No one is picturing this scenario for BlackBerry. Also I don't let an inanimate object decide my emotional well being. Humans have survived by adapting so will you.

Hostess quit making Twinkies for awhile, you mean that didn't depress you?

Come losing something you like (which hasn't happened yet) is depressing a little bit.
    08-18-13 07:27 AM
    Actually, from what I read, the factory for Twinkies kept humming along (outside USA) while its parent, Hostess Brands, was liquidated to highest bidder. New owners returned Twinkies to store shelves in July (I think).

No one is picturing this scenario for BlackBerry. Also I don't let an inanimate object decide my emotional well being. Humans have survived by adapting so will you.
    Well I wasn't the depressed one lol. But true, life will go on. But don't you get a little down when your favorite TV show or ? goes away? For even a little bit?
    confuerte likes this.
    08-18-13 07:37 AM
    Not really, I am updated with all of the latest patches:
    Attached Thumbnails I feel deflated ... anyone else?-12998336814171.jpg  
    08-18-13 07:48 AM
    I owned a lot of stock in this company. But mistake after mistake caused this to happen. To put it bluntly the investment market simply does not trust the vision of the board.

How about that Playbook promise ? Late BB10 launch....they deserve it...

How about they travel the world and see how much of a position they have lost.

Sad but true the story is almost over. Goodbye Thor
    lorax1284, dagerlach and athena17 like this.
    08-18-13 07:52 AM
144 123 ...