... and now the lower row keys (including space bar) are sticking. They are still sensitive and when pushed hard enough will work but don't "click" when pushed like the other buttons. Any tips on cleaning behind the keypad?
    09-15-08 04:56 PM
    The only way to try and clean behind the keypad is to take the housing apart to get to the keypad. Now make sure you are careful if you want to try this because if something happens opening up your berry will void your warranty.
    09-15-08 05:09 PM
    shows how to take the phone apart

Considering the amount of sugar and vinegar in ketchup, I would
    think anything you do to clean it yourself would make matters
    worse. And removing the case will void your warranty.

If you have insurance, now might be the time to consider
    filing a claim.
    09-15-08 05:11 PM
    LOL, i thought it said CAT SOUP ...hahahaha.

Sorry about your bb
    09-15-08 08:28 PM
    Sorry about your BB. Let us know how it turns out.

Why is ketchup also called catsup?
    09-15-08 08:33 PM
    Sorry bout that, I can't get over what Smahie said. LOL, hey noe the phone has a red smelly texture finish!

Hope u get it cleaned off and keyboard replaced. Sorry to hear bout it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-08 08:38 PM
    try a bit of alcohol on a cotton ball or q-tip before taking it apart
    09-15-08 08:41 PM
    The title of this thread reminds me of an episode of King of Queens...

Doug to Arthur: "Its called Ketchup, say it right and you can have it."

Arthur: "I will not say it, I'd rather die than say it!". LOL great episode!

09-15-08 08:59 PM
    Lmao

That's ok, my roomie dropped his face-down in spaghetti

09-15-08 09:04 PM
    I dropped my face down in spaghetti once. I was young and on something different than my curve.

09-15-08 09:18 PM
    So, I keep asking this, because the "I dropped my phone in..." threads keep popping up. But, why or how does this type of thing keep happening? I use my BB quite often, yet I have not dropped it in any liquids or anything. Am I missing something? Furthermore, I think you are probably going to have to call it a day on your BB. Insurance claim, as the great AG mentioned, is most likely in your future.
    09-15-08 09:55 PM
    So, I keep asking this, because the "I dropped my phone in..." threads keep popping up. But, why or how does this type of thing keep happening? I use my BB quite often, yet I have not dropped it in any liquids or anything. Am I missing something? Furthermore, I think you are probably going to have to call it a day on your BB. Insurance claim, as the great AG mentioned, is most likely in your future.

I'm with ya man. My brother dropped his flip LG in a glass of lemonade once a few years back. I think even if I tried I wouldn't have good enough aim to get it in. Then again, I realize accidents so I don't want to say it would never happen to me, bbuuttt.... this is why I don't talk or text while whizzing in the terlet.
    09-15-08 10:00 PM
    I'm with ya man. My brother dropped his flip LG in a glass of lemonade once a few years back. I think even if I tried I wouldn't have good enough aim to get it in. Then again, I realize accidents so I don't want to say it would never happen to me, bbuuttt.... this is why I don't talk or text while whizzing in the terlet.
    Oh yes, I am with you there. It is double bad times when your BB drops in the head. In effect, I never text while I am in there as well.
    09-15-08 10:15 PM
    Sorry to hear about your BB. I almost dropped mine in oatmeal yesterday
    09-16-08 10:38 AM
    LOL, i thought it said CAT SOUP ...hahahaha.

Sorry about your bb
    lol me too,I hope you get your BB in good standards again.

Last edited by EyEZ4BB; 09-16-08 at 10:50 AM.
    09-16-08 10:43 AM
    Thanks for everyone's feedback! I made the unfortunate decision of placing my BB next to my breakfast. The BB rang, I picked it up and SPLAT. I spent last night using a pin around the edges of each key. This has helped minimize the keys sticking but I may still try some of everyone's suggestions. Sadly, I didn't opt for insurance when I got my BB. Apparently, people who don't have insurance should not bring their BBs to the dinner table.
    09-16-08 12:18 PM
    Thanks for everyone's feedback! I made the unfortunate decision of placing my BB next to my breakfast. The BB rang, I picked it up and SPLAT. I spent last night using a pin around the edges of each key. This has helped minimize the keys sticking but I may still try some of everyone's suggestions. Sadly, I didn't opt for insurance when I got my BB. Apparently, people who don't have insurance should not bring their BBs to the dinner table.
    Indeed, keep your BB away from the dinner table. Unless you just like buying new BBs.
    09-18-08 09:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD