I just dropped my spotless, flawless Curve 8330 at dinner. It fell out of my pocket. My dog chewed my holster so I was rolling unprotected. Battery door flying; battery flying...

DAMAGE: some tiny scratches on the corners. It was a close one.

Post your Berry dropping horror stories.
    Last edited by johnnywoods; 05-30-08 at 03:09 PM.
    05-29-08 09:22 PM
    i feel your pain.
    05-29-08 09:29 PM
    Just be thankful it wasn't any worse! Hang in there!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-08 09:31 PM
    We all feel your pain
    05-29-08 09:31 PM
    The day I replaced my old pearl for a shiny good as new one I dropped it twice. Needless to say I was kicking myself the whole day!!

05-29-08 09:35 PM
    I just dropped my curve on my patio this afternoon. It landed face down! Now I have scratches on the screen and a couple of marks on the keyboard and bottom right corner. I have already been looking at a complete new housing so I can return my curve to its pre drop condition.

05-29-08 09:48 PM
    i hate that feeling
    your just like "crap!!!"
    05-29-08 09:55 PM
    Dropped mine the other day. I was on the phone in my car and set it on my lap. Got out and my shiny Pearl went flying. Scratches on 3/4 corners, but it works better than ever.

05-29-08 10:08 PM
    I just got a BB 2 weeks ago...it was defective, so the store replaced it today. I went the whole two weeks without fropping it once, but an hour after I got the new one it flies out of my hand on our concrete patio...son of a b*tch! lol
    05-29-08 11:02 PM
    Sorry to hear that. I haven't dropped my 8330 yet but I did drop my iPhone and have a crack across the beautiful screen. It still works normal so I haven't replaced it. I must say this INSURANCE FTW!!
    05-29-08 11:46 PM
    Dude thats nothing, my old berry before my warranty replacement took a beating. It didnt have a case and on many occasions I dropped it down the stairs at my school which is 2 flights and it would bounce down a few times, hit the bottom and break open the battery cover and everything would come flying out. They are durable mine never broke... until the camera mysteriously stopped working on me...
    05-29-08 11:50 PM
    I dropped mine the other day getting out of the car...ugh I was soo mad and of course no skin which 90% of the time is there (TC likes to be naked) now he has a chip on the screen and a dent on the top corner. so no more streaking for him lol
    05-29-08 11:57 PM
    I dropped mine on the couch I was pretty nervous but it came out damage free I was really lucky.
    05-30-08 12:22 AM
    Ha ha ha... I dropped mine on the couch!!! I love it!!!

05-30-08 12:47 AM
    I dropped mine in the toilet bowl!!. it was in my back pocket and fell in when i sat down.

Immediately remove it from the water and switch it off. Then quickly remove the battery & the sim card, shake out any loose water from my phone. Then took a hair dryer and dry the inside of the phone, Pointing the dryer into all open areas of the phone front and back.

Point the hair dryer directly into the void created by the sim card, keep the hair dryer blowing on the phone for at least 15 minutes. Set my phone down on a counter while doing this so my hand doesn't get hot.
    Warning: Do NOT put your cellphone into the oven to dry it as this may cause permanent damage

After drying my phone for at least 16 minutes & let it cool down and then reinstall the sim card and battery....it was back to life

I had a good chance of getting my phone operating again because mine was submerged in water for only a few seconds
    05-30-08 12:48 AM
    I dropped mine on the couch I was pretty nervous but it came out damage free I was really lucky.
    That is hillarious! Dropping it on the couch!
    05-30-08 08:11 AM
    I have been lucky not to drop mine yet! I'm normally very rough on phones...but I feel your pain. I normally drop every new phone I get within a month.

05-30-08 08:24 AM
    I dropped mine in the parking lot getting out of a friends truck it popped out of the case...didn't know it...for hours.

When I finally found her, nothing but the white screen with lines. Phone still rang, but no video.
    i almost cried I hadn't had it a week.

Got it repaired, and bought the Otterbox in the CB store, much better!

Sorry to hear you got yours scratced though.
    05-30-08 08:32 AM
    I should probably start carrying mine in a gym sock!
    05-30-08 08:46 AM
    Dropped mine the other day. I was on the phone in my car and set it on my lap. Got out and my shiny Pearl went flying. Scratches on 3/4 corners, but it works better than ever.

I do that ALL the time. I always drive with my pearl on my lap bc the darn ringer is so soft, and then when i get out....BOOM. I would have to say 6/10 times when i get out of the car this happens LOL.
    05-30-08 09:45 AM
    I dropped mine from the couch to the hard wood floor a month after getting it. No damage to it. I got the Invisible Shield a few days later.
    05-30-08 10:18 AM
    i drop mine occasionally
    luckily bb's are built for abuse
    05-30-08 10:30 AM
    I dropped mine at a club the other night right in the middle of the dance floor. As if dropping it wasn't bad enough by itself, some guy dancing next to me kicked it clear across the room. Miraculously, it only has a tiny scratch toward the top of the phone. Let me tell you, though.. As soon as I saw that phone go flying across the floor......... Well, I don't think I've ever moved that fast in my life.
    05-30-08 02:06 PM
    hilareeeeeeee!
    05-30-08 03:08 PM
    I too usually have mine in my lap and forget about it, get out the car and bam on the ground, i've been stupid enough to do this only once with the berry and once was all it took, it went unscathed fortunately, these berry's are pretty tough.
    05-30-08 03:36 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD