Assuming it is the carriers delaying it.
    what would you suggest Blackberry do?
    sell it on the black market?
    The problem is it doesn't matter what the cause, I fear Blackberry may pay for it in the end
    Stephen Cooper likes this.
    01-30-13 04:35 PM
    Sorry but you can't un-ring that bell you rang. Anyone who has a post with "You know what Americans need" and "the first time you dont get something first and you all complain" has already stereotyped. And those in the USA are anxious support a Canadian company so enough with the them and us thing. It gets old real quick.
    As a Canadian I agree - I don't like some of the comments here about "Well - now its your time to wait America.. well Americans do this .. blah blah".

As I've said, we are all BlackBerry fans and I am just as upset as many others about the March US launch. And to you Canadians who think its a "good thing" for the US market to get it March - we won't have any company to support here in Canada if US customers don't buy the product in the first place.

I liked the forums better when we rallied for BlackBerry, not against each other.
    01-30-13 04:36 PM
    The problem is it doesn't matter what the cause, I fear Blackberry may pay for it in the end
    i truly believe that Blackberry are not going for a big splash.
    i think they are going for a long game.
    keep in mind when it comes out in the US BB10 will have probably been updated to be more stable and better performing then now.

Using the same people have short memories metaphor, people will forget about all this once it is available.
    01-30-13 04:38 PM
    Wow. This community is pretty disappointing. I remember when I got my first BB back in the day being on here and enjoying myself. Now it's full of insults and juvenile stabs. Pathetic.
    01-30-13 04:39 PM
    dude if you absolutely cant wait maybe one of your international CB friends can help out. where there is a will there is a way.

i've bought several devices from the US and had them shipped to Canada for use. i dont think that's a one way flow.
    9of13 likes this.
    01-30-13 04:45 PM
    Here is your chance for a Z10 in the US.
    Brand New SEALED Blackberry Z10 Smartphone | eBay
    1200.00 I believe.
    I am disapointed but what can we do? I applaud our British and Canadian Friends. I am happy that you have gotten the chance to get the new BB10 so quickly. I really look forward to this forum returning to everyone talking about the new things they have discoveered in Z10. it will help me out greatly when I get mine from Verizon. Good things come to those who wait. Plus I get to save a little more money for some cool accessories that will be available by then. Peace everyone we are all Crackberrians!
    01-30-13 04:49 PM
    Here is your chance for a Z10 in the US.
    Brand New SEALED Blackberry Z10 Smartphone | eBay
    1200.00 I believe.
    I am disapointed but what can we do? I applaud our British and Canadian Friends. I am happy that you have gotten the chance to get the new BB10 so quickly. I really look forward to this forum returning to everyone talking about the new things they have discoveered in Z10. it will help me out greatly when I get mine from Verizon. Good things come to those who wait. Plus I get to save a little more money for some cool accessories that will be available by then. Peace everyone we are all Crackberrians!
    ahh if it makes you feel better, just think of us as beta testing the device to ensure you have a smooth platform when its released
    01-30-13 04:54 PM
    ahh if it makes you feel better, just think of us as beta testing the device to ensure you have a smooth platform when its released
    So we can expect it to be perfect after all your efforts. :-)
    01-30-13 04:59 PM
    So we can expect it to be perfect after all your efforts. :-)
    exactly!
    you can thank me by sending me money. or cookies. or money and cookies!
    01-30-13 05:02 PM
    That's been my statement all along. I appreciate your help.
    01-30-13 05:10 PM
    Wow. This community is pretty disappointing. I remember when I got my first BB back in the day being on here and enjoying myself. Now it's full of insults and juvenile stabs. Pathetic.
    Not to be too heavy here but I am happy to see the disappointment. There is an old saying "Boo's are better than silence" (I think it was Dale Earnhardt). Anyway, it is a good thing that people are upset. Imagine if they weren't...
    01-30-13 05:12 PM
    That's been my statement all along. I appreciate your help.
    Another plus is more apps from the go for you lot
    01-30-13 05:12 PM
    If I were Samsung I'd follow the Blackberry Super Bowl ad with a Galaxy S commercial that ends "...and guess what Americans? You can buy this phone RIGHT NOW. No waiting"
    01-30-13 05:21 PM
    If I were Samsung I'd follow the Blackberry Super Bowl ad with a Galaxy S commercial that ends "...and guess what Americans? You can buy this phone RIGHT NOW. No waiting"
    i doubt they'd waste how many millions to advertise a phone that needs no advertising
    01-30-13 05:22 PM
    Look folks.........The longer BlackBerry has a availability delay, whether it's BlackBerries fault or not, the more current BlackBerry users switch, and BlackBerry looses in the end. It's about making money and being in strategic positions to do so. The Super Bowl is Sunday and it's being played in the biggest market in the world. This device is going to have 30 second slots to show off but when someone says "wow, I like that, where can I get it?" What's the answer? The UK? Canada? This platform has seen it's share of delays. This will hurt the company more than folks outside of the US may ever realize. Samsung is about to release another phone. We in (BlackBerry-US) need to be well ahead of that to ensure the best chance of having solid traction. Some folks current BlackBerries are literally falling apart!!!! THEY CANNOT WAIT!!! For some of us, a smartphone is a mandatory item for work. We need something that's modern. That time is now. I want BlackBerry to succeed but sweet baby jesus, today is not going right......in the biggest market in the world.
    I know is not fair, but the reason is this ...

Release dates will be in the "middle of" March for us (due to carrier testing, which is more stringent in the US), but Canada will get the phones on February 5. The UK gets it tomorrow.

BlackBerry 10 Launch: Everything You Need To Know
    01-30-13 05:30 PM
    It is funny, but imagine a life full of this???
    There are many other countries that had always waited so long, while US already had it

Stop complaining and learn to wait, or change to another brand, there is a reason there are so many, if you like BB, then wait, be Happy
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-30-13 05:36 PM
    I'm getting real sick of all the anti American sentiment here on CrackBerry.

I'm American and surely am not spoiled in any way shape or form.

I support my family by working hard through a downtrodden economy and sometimes have difficulties making ends meet.

But I am spoiled and "need to wait" and "get use to it"

I sense a lot of hatred ...you make Canada look bad how's that?

I am to be punished because the U.S usually "gets things before you" lol if I didn't know any better from your picture I'd swear you were a child.

Get a grip buddy you make yourself look foolish.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    My point is as Americans you think you are owed to be first for everything! I agree it's not good that it won't be available until March for the us but there isn't anything that can be done about it. Talk to your carriers and tell them your concerns.

Btw I never said you were spoiled and I never attacked you personally like you have with me so that shows your character. "buddy" I make Canada look bad? You just made the us look worse. But thanks for saying I look young I will take that as a compliment "buddy"
    01-30-13 06:57 PM
    let's not turn this into a personal flame war people

This isnt life and death
    01-30-13 06:59 PM
    i realise not all americans are like the stereotype, but the ones who are do not help the cause by acting out like those stereotypes
    it makes it all the harder to dispel the image.
    i know a lot of americans, and know that not all are like that
    Let's clarify: We here in America are not acting out due to entitlement--it's because we are obsessed with this phone and want it ASAP. You have no idea how hard it is in the United States defending RIM to a nation full of iSheep. But we do it all the time. Year after year. If that helps uphold YOUR stereotype, so be it. You can make it up to me by shipping my entitled @$$ a shiny new BlackBerry 10. (After all, I deserve it.)
    ctuffy likes this.
    01-30-13 07:07 PM
    p.s. If Canada was a booger, I'd pick her first. BlackBerry for life, amigos!
    01-30-13 07:10 PM
    Can I buy the phone right now outright from BlackBerry? If not, why? This day isn't making a lot of sense to me. Yes, I'm pissed for a lot of reasons. I'm not interested in waiting for AT&T, or VZW or any other carrier to release a product that's already going to be in the hands of consumers elsewhere. Can I buy from another carrier outright like Rogers and the device work in the US?
    I'M NOT EATING MY PEAS!!!! I'M NOT!!!! AND THAT"S IT!!! I DON"T CARE IF I GET IN TROUBLE, I'M NOT!!!!!! Really? really?
    01-30-13 07:11 PM
    Let's clarify: We here in America are not acting out due to entitlement--it's because we are obsessed with this phone and want it ASAP. You have no idea how hard it is in the United States defending RIM to a nation full of iSheep. But we do it all the time. Year after year. If that helps uphold YOUR stereotype, so be it. You can make it up to me by shipping my entitled @$$ a shiny new BlackBerry 10. (After all, I deserve it.)
    haha i know,
    but there is a difference between being frustrated as you clearly are, and taking it as a personal insult.
    keep in mind i never spoke out against americans, i was responding to a post about how people view americans that was bought up by someone else.

and trust me, i do have an idea how it is to defend blackberry, but substitute iphone fans for Android fans. i also get some iphone fans but whenever they pipe up, i just ask if i can bluetooth a great song to them
    SoCalRedbird likes this.
    01-30-13 07:12 PM
    Lol we all have a hard time defending BlackBerry against all the uneducated Isheep so I feel your pain! I apologize to all the Americans on here for my comments im sure if I had to wait another month I would go insane and it's easy for me to speak because I'm not the one that has to wait so again I apologize for my comments to all Americans except to my "Buddy" BB-Bmore
    BigBallsB likes this.
    01-30-13 07:14 PM
    I'M NOT EATING MY PEAS!!!! I'M NOT!!!! AND THAT"S IT!!! I DON"T CARE IF I GET IN TROUBLE, I'M NOT!!!!!! Really? really?
    But would you eat your peas with green eggs and ham??
    01-30-13 07:15 PM
    I don't mind waiting, but the 2 month wait is a little disappointing. It doesn't matter who's fault it is (there's probably at least a little on both sides), we just have to wait. Maybe we need an official "Complain About the US Release Delay" where people can rant together instead of having 5-10 threads about this.
    I hope BlackBerry can get a refund on their SuperBowl advertisement(s). Wasted money with a 60-day delay in availability from the US wireless carriers. Way to go RIM! Expect the share price to plummet if sales are not over 1 000 000 units for UK and Canada by next Wednesday and sustaining that pace will be difficult.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    01-30-13 07:18 PM
61 123