The torch is a good phone. I love the camera among other things. However, I am not too fond of the form factor anymore. I REALLY REALLY want the Bold 9780. Does anyone know if Virgin Mobile Canada will offer a discount for me if I wanted to buy the 9780 outright? Since I am with them...

Just wondering, thanks.
    02-12-11 02:22 PM
    I hear you there man, same thing happened to me, luckily I was within the return policy period so I returned it for a full refund as I realised I didn't like me having to keep the keyboard open all the time which makes the phone so bulky (I use BBM 24/7)

Anyway, good luck on that, hope someone who knows about your carrier can answer this.

Cheers
    02-12-11 03:02 PM
    I think you're just going to have to either go into a retail location or call them. Ask for their customer retention department or supervisor. Many times carriers will make special considerations for loyal customers. Good luck. BTW - the 9780 is an amazing BB.
    02-12-11 03:38 PM
    It really just depends on multiple factors if you're out of the return window. Such as service rep you get, and how long you've been with them. But typically there's no discount for buying a phone outright, even if you are their customer already.

Not saying its impossible, just relaying what I've seen. Give it a shot though, can't really hurt to try. The worst they can say is no
    02-12-11 03:41 PM
    If you are out of the return window, I would try to either sell your Torch and get a 9780, or possibly do a local trade, perhaps on Craigslist.
    02-12-11 06:12 PM
    Heavy has it right... Put that bad boy on eBay, get the cash, buy a used 9780. Might be a week+ long process but well worth it.

Strange though, I had a dream last night someone broke into my apartment and replaced my 9700 with a Torch. Very random lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-11 08:16 PM
    That's a super random dream!
    Yeah they probably won't do anything for you, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

02-13-11 12:43 AM
    Yep, just ebay or CL your phone and I am sure you could find a decently priced 9780 on ebay...CL maybe, if you are lucky.

Good luck, I am actually browsing CL for phones now for my stepdaughter.

02-13-11 06:53 AM
    I was in the EXACT same position as you, in reverse! I got a Bold 9780 with Virgin Mobile, love it, but just kept craving the Torch. So I put an ad on Kijiji looking for a swap, and swapped it for a Torch. I'm happy now (although I miss some things about the Bold).

My advice, look for a swap on kijiji and just swap it for a Bold 9780.
    02-13-11 09:39 AM
    Does Virgin do SuperTab for current clients? You might want to look into that and then sell the Torch privately.

I personally couldn't deal with a smaller screen.

02-13-11 01:45 PM
    There's a guy on the Torch forum here who's looking to swap at 9780 for a Torch. If you're in the same place you could meet up. personally I'd go the kijiji route though.
    02-13-11 02:47 PM
    I wish Sprint had the Torch
    02-14-11 07:23 PM
    Thank you all for your help. I think ill try kijiji hoping for a swap. If theres a miracle. Another thing i forgot is battery life is horrendous! Good phone. I just wish it had a better battery. I guess all i can do is be patience and thankful for what i have.

02-14-11 07:49 PM
    If you be really careful try craigslist just try and get the person your trading with to bring a simcard with to make sure the phone makes calls
    02-14-11 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD