But when I do, I put on a pretty good show.

A good friend of mine is an Apple reseller. He has always seen me with a BlackBerry (had the Torch 9800 back then). He never thought much of BlackBerry a few years ago. Mainly because his staff once wanted to use a BlackBerry at work and that involved him having to invest in a BES, which apparently was very expensive a few years ago (not sure if that's fact or not).

He has had a few digs at me for using a BlackBerry, claiming they were gonna dwindle and finally leave the market.

Anyway, his views on BlackBerry hadn't changed for the better after all these years... until the other day. We went out to have dinner and he now sees me with my Z30. So he asks me how my Samsung phone is. LOL.

I show him that it's a BlackBerry and he pokes fun at me (loudly) for still using a BlackBerry. Funnily enough, the restaurant we were at had several BlackBerry users.

Afterwards, as we were driving home, he asked me if I had a car charger for my BlackBerry. I calmly replied that I don't need such a thing as the battery on my Z30 lasts me nearly two full days of heavy use. He enshrouds his iPhone with a battery case all the time in order to get him through the day, however on this occasion, he had lent his battery case to our other friend who had joined us for dinner, as his battery was about to die. I glanced at my BlackBerry and noticed it had enough charge to last me til the next afternoon at least, but I decided not to make a big point about it.

The next day, he came round to my house to visit and as we were talking, he asked me how my new business is getting on and how I manage to keep track of my clients and meetings.

So I take out the Z30 and show him my calendar. I manage 6 different calendars so when you open my Calendar app, you see many different colours all over the place. I explained to him what each colour meant and then I showed him how I differentiate each calendar and isolated my work calendar to show him clearly how busy my schedule was when it came to attending to my clients.

Instead of talking about my new business, he suddenly became more interested in my Calendar app! So I felt obliged to show him the "growing numbers" to show a busy schedule and the red marks which shows if there is a clash in my schedule. He was very impressed with the "growing numbers" (not sure if we still call it that since the PlayBook days) and asked if BlackBerry had patented that idea. I didn't know the answer to that, so I told him that if I were in BlackBerry's shoes, I would have patented it straight away.

I explained to him that I share this calendar with my Business partner so that she can see when I am with a client and if I had gone for a home visit as opposed to being at the clinic. She can also book clients into my schedule around the appointments which are already marked, as and when it was needed. I further explained that I have a "family" calendar which my siblings and parents share to let each other know of family events and meet-ups. And the BBM calendar that I share with my sister in case she needs to borrow my car one day for her clients.

He was amazed at how quickly I could switch between the calendars and how quickly I could identify what all the shapes and colours meant.

I explained to him that this was BlackBerry's calendar and it was designed for busy people like me. Then I explained that even the calendar app on the legacy BlackBerry smartphones were an amazing app to prove the point that BlackBerry have a long history of a great implementation of a calendar app.

Then, the clincher... I told him that the native BlackBerry calendar kicks iPhone's calendar's arse (since he uses an iPhone). Admittedly, I don't actually know how good or bad the calendar app is on iPhone, since I've never used it properly lol. But I do know that with a calendar app like BlackBerry's, it would be pretty hard to beat.

Anyway, turns out he totally agrees with me. Needless to say, he's now impressed with what BlackBerry have to offer; which makes a refreshing change. And that's after showing him just one tiny thing about my BlackBerry and how I use it to manage my day-to-day business.

Next time, I hope he asks me how I manage all my emails on my phone

Posted via CB10
    How do you do / manage six different calendars and all the other cool stuff you said?

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 12:02 AM
    I show off my BlackBerry z30 to my clients all the time and I love the calendar app. I have tried to go back to Android and IOS and quickly find myself missing the Hub, Peek and my calendar app. It's small things like that is why I am still loyal to BlackBerry.

Sent from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA
    theRock1975, spike12 and miker476 like this.
    07-16-14 03:45 AM
    Thanks for the story. To be honest, the iPhone had its day but it's current iteration is tired, outdated and simple sub par in terms of basic performance. I can say that without a doubt, none of my iPhone friends at work are happy. Battery life is poor and cell/wifi reception can't hold a candle to BlackBerry. They don't even pretend anymore when it comes to calendar or hub functions.

All I can say is that Apple needs to pull it's head out of its proverbial a$$ because the competition blew by them a couple of years ago. Like a plane with no gas, it will fly for a while but it is destined to crash.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 03:54 AM
    I don't know what you class as heavy use... I must be an extremely heavy user because my z30 needs charging after about 8-9 hours.
    I charge it overnight then top it up again about 6-7pm to watch Showbox on the TV .

But then again I do use it to type up all my assignments all day long.
    07-16-14 04:39 AM
    How do you do / manage six different calendars and all the other cool stuff you said?

Posted via CB10
    Some of my calendars are linked to my email addresses. So when you add another email address to the hub, you are given a choice to add the calendar too.

I have a local calendar which is there anyway, then I have 2 BBM group calendars which you set up when you are part of a BBM group, a calendar linked to my personal email, a calendar linked to my business email, a calendar which just had birthdays on it (not sure how that appeared; may have been a remnant from my Facebook account which has since been deleted) and another calendar linked to another email address that my family use to share events with.

To manage them, just swipe down from the top when in the calendar app and you can tick the ones you want to see (or untick the ones you don't want to see).

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 07:55 AM
    Thanks for sharing! I love hearing about experiences like this.
    07-16-14 08:47 AM
    I don't know what you class as heavy use... I must be an extremely heavy user because my z30 needs charging after about 8-9 hours.
    I charge it overnight then top it up again about 6-7pm to watch Showbox on the TV .

Wow wtf you doing on it? On my z10 I go minimum 6 hours to about 9. I topped 13 before on a Sunday because I go to church and play soccer afterwards which covered for about 5 hours.

On my normal z10 day I run bootloads of android apps and snapchat a whole lot. Idk what you are doing but for a battery that big running down that fast I'd say you are a battery drainer... way past the heavy user stage

Posted via CB10
    step07 likes this.
    07-16-14 10:33 AM
    If you have any King game running and you do not minimize them , you can run out of juice on a Z30 by noon. If I don't run any android crap I can probably pull two days. but one King game is always running on my device, so My bat life is about 6 hrs max. Fortunately topping off with a PB Charger is fast.. maybe 30 minutes and I get +50% or so.
    07-16-14 03:18 PM
    Wow wtf you doing on it? On my z10 I go minimum 6 hours to about 9. I topped 13 before on a Sunday because I go to church and play soccer afterwards which covered for about 5 hours.

On my normal z10 day I run bootloads of android apps and snapchat a whole lot. Idk what you are doing but for a battery that big running down that fast I'd say you are a battery drainer... way past the heavy user stage

Posted via CB10
    I'd say that's called the addiction stage

Posted via CB10
    lui22 likes this.
    07-16-14 06:08 PM

you use showbox too?!
    07-16-14 06:10 PM
    Yeah hahaha purely for the TV series it has :b
    07-17-14 12:57 PM
    My Z30 gets a good 11 -12 hours on a charge with heavy use. I don't know what your heavy use is that you get two days.

Mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735/ Mike Garson Photography - C00471EA8
    07-17-14 01:26 PM
    nice hair cut buddy
    Please don't make unprovoked attacks on others.

Your post has been reported to the moderators.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 01:42 PM
    Nice story

#BBFactCheck
    07-17-14 02:19 PM
    My Z30 gets a good 11 -12 hours on a charge with heavy use. I don't know what your heavy use is that you get two days.

Mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735/ Mike Garson Photography - C00471EA8
    Yes, I must admit I wondered what was wrong with mine initially when I first got it. All this 'two days' stuff...

I'm about the same as you. And that's good, it really is!

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 03:35 PM
    I've only looked at the iPhone calendar a few times and it seemed pretty sparse to me. That could be because they seldom offer a "menu" with additional options. I think the design goal of iOS is to have everything visibly "available". I've always preferred BlackBerry's approach of having a menu with the available functions - makes it more like a real computer.
    07-19-14 06:26 PM
    I've had iPhones and I have an iPad. The calendar sucks big, greasy platypus balls, period. I ended up downloading a calendar app so I wouldn't have to use the stock calendar that came with the device. But I'm loving the calendar on my Q10.
    07-19-14 07:03 PM
    There are several free calendar apps in my ipad that does the same as in BlackBerry calendar. I'm sure it's also available for iphone.

BBQ10
    LOL @ calendar apps

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 07:57 PM
    You could have really impressed your colleague by charging his iPhone with your Z30 like I did a while back by having this handy:

I don't normally show off my BlackBerry...-img_20140719_212922_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    beemaabeemababy likes this.
    07-19-14 09:30 PM
    You could have really impressed your colleague by charging his iPhone with your Z30 like I did a while back by having this handy:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140719_212922_edit.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	286041

Posted via CB10
    Lol he'll be like "what kind of phone is this "...even the man wishes to share his juice X,'D

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 01:14 PM
45 12