Masonry and Rolodex yes, Tiles no. That's part of the BlackBerry software.
    How do I get the Masonry screen?

Posted via CB10
    01-22-17 10:09 AM
    How do I get the Masonry screen?

Posted via CB10
    Wherever your launcher settings are, I think it's Settings > Display > Recents.
    01-22-17 12:34 PM
    Wherever your launcher settings are, I think it's Settings > Display > Recents.
    I have tried to get the Masonry view on Samsung J7 but the option is not available. If anyone can please help !
    03-15-17 11:09 AM
    I have tried to get the Masonry view on Samsung J7 but the option is not available. If anyone can please help !
    I believe it's only available on the blackberry launcher.
    03-15-17 12:29 PM
    Takes getting used to. As a long time Android user I am perfectly efficient with it, since the Galaxy S2 days.

1st time I see people complain about it is here at CB.

The Palm Pre was great at multitasking but it also took some getting used to when coming from another platform, e.g. I was coming from Symbian S60 and was used to Taskman.
    When you find something that works and is better. To have to go back can be frustrating. That's all the multitasking in BlackBerry 10 and swiping is so much more effective than back arrow

#luvmybb10os
    03-16-17 09:31 PM
    I hope BlackBerry can create a skin for Android. They need to stand out. The bb10 interface with integrated hub.

#luvmybb10os
    03-16-17 09:41 PM
    The problem with BlackBerry10 was never that the OS didn't perform well, or that data entry was unreasonably difficult , or that it was unsecured or non-productive. And that's still not the issue. So don't be surprised how much you miss how well it Multi-Tasked. Because it does that well, too.

A BlackBerry Fan!!!
    Last edited by KNEBB; 03-17-17 at 07:53 AM.
    03-16-17 10:01 PM
    When you find something that works and is better. To have to go back can be frustrating. That's all the multitasking in BlackBerry 10 and swiping is so much more effective than back arrow

#luvmybb10os
    Back Arrow? Who uses the Back Arrow to Multitask?
    Uzi likes this.
    03-17-17 12:04 AM
    I hate multitasking on Android, it's even worse in iOS, BB launcher is the closest you get with multi widget layout, although in my S7 edge nougat, double clicking recent takes you directly to previous app and you can swap quickly between the two most recent apps. Still not BB10 but better than nothing.
    03-17-17 04:22 AM
    Back Arrow? Who uses the Back Arrow to Multitask?
    People who can't find the square? (recent app button)
    03-19-17 02:34 AM
    People who can't find the square? (recent app button)
    Why can't they'll find it? It appears right next to the Home Button.

I am baffled by this statement.
    03-19-17 05:51 AM
    Why can't they'll find it? It appears right next to the Home Button.

I am baffled by this statement.
    Sorry I will clarify. I was referring to all three back the square or open tiles. It's confusing it's annoying. It's not intuitive (imo). If you exit an app if you don't push the square button and only push the home button. You loose what you where doing. If am working on so
    Thing and I need to move between apps if I push the square button and roll through the 5 million apps that are open I find it if I accidently push the home button or the back button which a located in different places on different. You loose it. In my opinion android is crap. I don't want to start a argument for all those who love it. In my opinion it's garbage and a terrible choice for BlackBerry to move to. My opinion.

#luvmybb10os
    03-20-17 12:08 PM
    Sorry I will clarify. I was referring to all three back the square or open tiles. It's confusing it's annoying. It's not intuitive (imo). If you exit an app if you don't push the square button and only push the home button. You loose what you where doing. If am working on so
    Thing and I need to move between apps if I push the square button and roll through the 5 million apps that are open I find it if I accidently push the home button or the back button which a located in different places on different. You loose it. In my opinion android is crap. I don't want to start a argument for all those who love it. In my opinion it's garbage and a terrible choice for BlackBerry to move to. My opinion.

#luvmybb10os
    I don't get how you manage to lose what you are doing as it is usually near the front depending on how many apps you went into before going back into what you were doing.

But you are entitled to your opinion.
    03-20-17 12:54 PM
    BB10 is superior N terms of multitasking over any OS I have used.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-17 06:36 PM
    What other OS's have you used and how specifically is BB10 better?
    03-20-17 06:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'd almost agree with the you except I still think webOS did it slightly better. You can't forget Nokia n9 had similar if not better multitask. Hence where bb10 got there inspiration

Posted via CB10
    gizmo21 likes this.
    03-20-17 07:08 PM
    I'd almost agree with the you except I still think webOS did it slightly better. You can't forget Nokia n9 had similar if not better multitask. Hence where bb10 got there inspiration

Posted via CB10
    I agree, webOS multitask ha been approached by all but never reached and never toped!!!

Posted via CB10
    gizmo21 likes this.
    03-20-17 09:37 PM
    In my opinion android is crap. I don't want to start a argument for all those who love it. In my opinion it's garbage and a terrible choice for BlackBerry to move to.
    I have no problem multitasking just as quickly on Android, but your opinion here I quoted has me quite curious.

What OS do you suggest would have been a better choice to move to?
    03-20-17 10:25 PM
    I have no problem multitasking just as quickly on Android, but your opinion here I quoted has me quite curious.

What OS do you suggest would have been a better choice to move to?
    I guess android in its own right is a good os. But I went from iPhone I hate apple because of iTunes I can't stand the closed system. I understand why they do it. Makes them more money. But it drove me nuts trying to add any music on it running out of memory all the time. So I switch to bb10. I have never been happier the multitasking is fantastic massaging is a breeze. I bought an android tablet and it drives me nuts. I feel the multitasking is non existent I have deleted all my email accounts off of it. It was to much of a pain I use my z30 to email. If I need to jump between apps. If I don't remember to use the square button I loose what I was doing and have to start over again. If I accidently use the back button and back out of an app.

My point was bb10 is far superior os than android. Just the integrated hub is far superior to anything offered if Droid. Even down to the most simplest things. B10 is thought out. And if it was given the chance to grow. It had do much potential. And I am truly disappointed that I will be forced to move to an os, That I find lacking.

I know b10 is done. I don't need to be reminded. And constantly find myself looking on ebay. For other bb10 phone. I guess I am frustrated that I finally found an os that I like. And I am forced to move on because of BlackBerry incompetence

#luvmybb10os
    L_O_D_B, mefretwell and Powdah like this.
    03-20-17 11:16 PM
    What other OS's have you used and how specifically is BB10 better?
    I've experimented w/ iOS on iPhones and most recently Android with my Priv. BB10 is superior N my opinion, and somewhat bias, because of the durability and longevity of the software. Very rarely does BB10 require an update 2 function properly. While the UI is simplistic and does not have as many "gimmicky" features as iOS and Android, it is supreme in efficiency N the most basic yet productive tasks.

The hardware on BB10 devices, especially the Classic & Passport, complemented the OS as well, making it feel like an ecosystem with the use of convenience keys, shortcuts and trackpads.
    silversmith75 likes this.
    03-20-17 11:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Respect
    03-20-17 11:50 PM
    What I'm realizing more and more is that there are 100s of millions of people with smartphones who are functionally illiterate in computing. They love their smartphones because they like having app developers limit the scope of what they can do. Simple UIs, limited options (preferably just on/off), and closed ecosystems make them comfortable.

I've literally seen dozens of people ask what app they should use to view a website on their smartphone!

For these people, task switching via a four finger swipe or home button or square button is no big deal because they work in a single app at a time, and just don't switch constantly to move data between apps to get work done. They are genuinely happy, and can't understand why other users don't 'get it.'

Before I get shouted down, I am not suggesting that all power users should use a particular platform. There are strong use cases that support each of them.

That's why these discussions are all so circular. Different levels of knowledge, skills, and need.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    03-23-17 11:20 AM
    What I'm realizing more and more is that there are 100s of millions of people with smartphones who are functionally illiterate in computing. They love their smartphones because they like having app developers limit the scope of what they can do. Simple UIs, limited options (preferably just on/off), and closed ecosystems make them comfortable.

I've literally seen dozens of people ask what app they should use to view a website on their smartphone!

For these people, task switching via a four finger swipe or home button or square button is no big deal because they work in a single app at a time, and just don't switch constantly to move data between apps to get work done. They are genuinely happy, and can't understand why other users don't 'get it.'

Before I get shouted down, I am not suggesting that all power users should use a particular platform. There are strong use cases that support each of them.

That's why these discussions are all so circular. Different levels of knowledge, skills, and need.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Let's face it... BB10 really required you to be a power user. Sideloading, Converting Apks to Bar files. Later with 10.3.2 and Cobalt, things were a little easier, but still it took much more than the average user was willing to even try and understand.

But to tell the truth... just using my wife's iPad and iPhone, I've come to appreciate the simple life. I do really like the things Android will let you do, and capabilities that apps like TASKER allow you to add.
    BigBadWulf and werkregen like this.
    03-23-17 11:43 AM

#luvmybb10os
    This!
    This!
    This!

via Passport OG
    03-23-17 11:58 AM
    Keep in mind that the OP is referring to the Rolodex-style task switcher of standard Android, and NOT the multitasking screen of BlackBerry Android - which can be set to look exactly like BB10.
    wow I didn't know they could do that, totally thought that all android phones would be the same
    03-23-17 12:00 PM
215 ... 23456 ...