I recently left bb10 and jumped shipped to a new lenovo droid z. Phone is fantastic and I will say the latest version of Android is as powerful as it gets. Host of features I can only dream were on bb10.

The one thing that I just can't seem to get over is its card Rolodex style multitasking. Now I know they've included a few shortcuts like double tap square to last app and multi window screens which is awesome. That aside it still feels clunky to scroll the Rolodex to find the app you want to access. I miss the simplicity and ease of swiping back an forth to my latest apps and it's incredibly intuitive and fast gestures an shortcuts . I truly hope in the future they find a way to implement bb10 style multitask. For all Android does right multitasking imo is not one of em. Come to think of it no OS comes close all these years later I still think it's WebOS and bb10 are multitask Kings.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-08-17 06:28 PM
    That's been one of my biggest gripes too. If you're working on something that requires you to jump back and forth between three or four different apps, the android can be a bit frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-17 06:49 PM
    Not sure on your device, but on my wife's DTEK50, I was able to change it from the rolodex to the square boxes you see on BB10.

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.3.2163 / Telus
    01-08-17 06:53 PM
    There's lots of things missing in the UI that I would like to see added for better efficiency.

-Would like to see cascades in the hub.
    -Would like to see the app tray added to the swipe up short cuts.
    -Would like to see the hub accessible to the left via a swipe to the right from home screen or active apps like BB10

Hope BlackBerry works to try and make Android as BB10 as possible.
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    01-08-17 06:57 PM
    Not sure on your device, but on my wife's DTEK50, I was able to change it from the rolodex to the square boxes you see on BB10.

How did you do that? I've searched everywhere and tried few apps but nothing works
    01-08-17 07:00 PM
    How did you do that? I've searched everywhere and tried few apps but nothing works
    Display settings, select recents
    01-08-17 07:23 PM
    AFAIK the square boxes is only on the BlackBerry launcher.
    stlabrat likes this.
    01-08-17 08:43 PM
    There's lots of things missing in the UI that I would like to see added for better efficiency.

-Would like to see cascades in the hub.
    -Would like to see the app tray added to the swipe up short cuts.
    -Would like to see the hub accessible to the left via a swipe to the right from home screen or active apps like BB10

Hope BlackBerry works to try and make Android as BB10 as possible.
    The hub on the left would be cool. But when you say cascades in the hub, what are you referring to in cascades that you liked?
    01-08-17 08:46 PM
    The hub on the left would be cool. But when you say cascades in the hub, what are you referring to in cascades that you liked?
    Eg. In a message, swipe right to get back to hub main page, swipe right from main page to get to hub sub categories. So in other words, not have to the back triangle button LOL
    01-09-17 06:16 AM
    Eg. In a message, swipe right to get back to hub main page, swipe right from main page to get to hub sub categories. So in other words, not have to the back triangle button LOL
    You can swipe right from the edge of the screen to get to the hub accounts and not use the triangle. In fact, many Apps have that feature including the CB app.
    01-09-17 06:29 AM
    You can swipe right from the edge of the screen to get to the hub accounts and not use the triangle. In fact, many Apps have that feature including the CB app.
    Mine only goes to the previous or next email depending on which way you swipe. Is there a setting to change this?
    01-09-17 06:36 AM
    Mine only goes to the previous or next email depending on which way you swipe. Is there a setting to change this?
    From within a message you have to use the triangle. When on the main hub view, you can swipe from the left edge of the screen to go to accounts list. It works in many other Apps as well.
    01-09-17 06:38 AM
    From within a message you have to use the triangle. When on the main hub view, you can swipe from the left edge of the screen to go to accounts list. It works in many other Apps as well.
    That's the part of cascades I want back. Multi level swipe back. It just worked so well in BB10. It's lack of that which makes Android (or iOS) clunky. You need to triangle to go back in one instance but you can swipe from the edge in the other, or you hit the back arrow at top left.... Or or or..... Its why BB10 was so simple to use once you learned 4 simple gestures (up, down, left and right)
    01-09-17 07:53 AM
    I recently left bb10 and jumped shipped to a new lenovo droid z. Phone is fantastic and I will say the latest version of Android is as powerful as it gets. Host of features I can only dream were on bb10.

The one thing that I just can't seem to get over is its card Rolodex style multitasking. Now I know they've included a few shortcuts like double tap square to last app and multi window screens which is awesome. That aside it still feels clunky to scroll the Rolodex to find the app you want to access. I miss the simplicity and ease of swiping back an forth to my latest apps and it's incredibly intuitive and fast gestures an shortcuts . I truly hope in the future they find a way to implement bb10 style multitask. For all Android does right multitasking imo is not one of em. Come to think of it no OS comes close all these years later I still think it's WebOS and bb10 are multitask Kings.
    Takes getting used to. As a long time Android user I am perfectly efficient with it, since the Galaxy S2 days.

1st time I see people complain about it is here at CB.

The Palm Pre was great at multitasking but it also took some getting used to when coming from another platform, e.g. I was coming from Symbian S60 and was used to Taskman.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    01-09-17 11:06 AM

Makes sense. If they haven't used a BB they can't compare the two.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-17 01:49 PM
    Takes getting used to. As a long time Android user I am perfectly efficient with it, since the Galaxy S2 days.

The Palm Pre was great at multitasking but it also took some getting used to when coming from another platform, e.g. I was coming from Symbian S60 and was used to Taskman.
    Here's my take on this. Do you get used to it... absolutely. But that's not the point. I've been on the Dtek60 for a month now. I zip around on it, love the device. But here is the thing, to say you get used to it moving from BB10 is as true as it is to say an amputee gets used to life with out a limb. Just because you get used to it, doesn't make it ideal. The reason you get the complaints on CB is because anyone that used BB10 appreciates the efficiency of the OS. We all get used to things, but that doesn't mean we should settle or it can't be improved on.

As much as I appreciate Android and what it brings over BB10 from apps to acceptance, it pales to BB10 from UI, intuitiveness and efficiency of use.
    zensen, SlcCorrado and YesAndNo like this.
    01-09-17 02:12 PM
    Here's my take on this. Do you get used to it... absolutely. But that's not the point. I've been on the Dtek60 for a month now. I zip around on it, love the device. But here is the thing, to say you get used to it moving from BB10 is as true as it is to say an amputee gets used to life with out a limb. Just because you get used to it, doesn't make it ideal. The reason you get the complaints on CB is because anyone that used BB10 appreciates the efficiency of the OS. We all get used to things, but that doesn't mean we should settle or it can't be improved on.

As much as I appreciate Android and what it brings over BB10 from apps to acceptance, it pales to BB10 from UI, intuitiveness and efficiency of use.
    I used a Q10, I liked how it multitasked but I never saw it as better than Android, but rather a different way to do it. At the time I had a Galaxy S4 and iPad 4, and going between them was interesting.

It's the same with multitasking or rather the Task Switcher in my S7 Edge vs. the one in my iPad Air 2 vs. in the Q10. To me they were different takes on the same thing and I happily went between them.
    I got used to each of them, and was efficient on all of them, each had a learning curve at 1st but I got used to them.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    01-09-17 02:19 PM

This!!
    01-09-17 02:22 PM

You can do this on the Priv too and I like it quite well.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-09-17 02:57 PM
    Ya I hate the way android multitasks. It's frustrating. I have an android tablet. I find if I need to do something with multiple screens I use my z30. I find android closes the pages as soon as you move to another page. I have not moved to an android phone. For the simple reason. Bb10 just does it better

#luvmybb10os
    01-09-17 03:57 PM
    Neither do I. But the 'market' has spoken and you've got no choice but to get used to it. Because iOS is even worse!

The BlackBerry 10 gesture-based system is just wonderful.
    01-09-17 04:04 PM
    Neither do I. But the 'market' has spoken and you've got no choice but to get used to it. Because iOS is even worse!

The BlackBerry 10 gesture-based system is just wonderful.
    That is the frustrating part. Everyone says well the marketplace spoke they didn't want it. Well ask 10 people what they know about bb10. And I guarantee you 9/10. Will not know anything and the 1/10 will think BlackBerry went bankrupt. So to say the the marketplace spoke is not accurate the market place had know clue and bought what they were told. Bb10 is far superior to Android and ios yet people never really knew it was out there. Windows never took off because no one likes the tiles. I don't know why Microsoft keeps pushing it.

#luvmybb10os
    01-10-17 04:54 PM
    Bb10 is far superior to Android and ios

#luvmybb10os
    I guess I'm just too dumb to recognize this universal truth after moving from BB10 to BlackBerry Android and preferring the latter.
    01-10-17 05:05 PM

Makes sense. If they haven't used a BB they can't compare the two.

Posted via CB10
    I came from Android and multitasking problem on that platform pretty much the reason I moved to BB10 in 2013, it is good to see someone finally mentioned on CB.

I noticed battery drain faster after I opened and closed applications on android (not closing app thoroughly I believe) , to solve this problem, either i had to go to the "stop running" option on the application settings or restarting the phone. Same happens on my friends' android device at present days. This is one of the many reasons make me hesitate to move onto BB Android..
    01-10-17 07:08 PM
    I ended up buying a new white blackberry pp recently for this same reasons I've outlined. looks like for the near future I'll be using both both devices but won't use the Droid unless it's absolutely necessary. It's a great device but it's deficiencies annoy the hell out of me. Scrolling up an down the rolodex looking for the app I need is truly a jarring experience.

Hell even windows phone does multitasking better an that's saying something. The novelty wore off for me with my droid z which I will rely on for the camera mod I got. I'll enjoy my new white pp as long as possible.
    01-10-17 09:03 PM
215 123 ...