Why is it so hard for RIM to implement savings of contact numbers to different fields such as home, mobile or work from the call list or home screen? How is it not an issue for all you BB fans out there?

This is the main reason as to why I'm not using a BB. Even OS 5 doesn't have this bare minimum feature.

Just my opinion
    01-22-10 12:00 PM
    The BlackBerry started out as a device for business people and other professionals
    therefore the thinking was work was the place to save numbers.

This many years later RIM still holds onto this archaic structure despite the fact
    that they are pushing further into the consumer space.

As another user (forever29) put it, RIM should change it's name to RISM

RISM = Research In SLOW Motion
    01-22-10 12:05 PM
    The BlackBerry started out as a device for business people and other professionals
    therefore the thinking was work was the place to save numbers.

This many years later RIM still holds onto this archaic structure despite the fact
    that they are pushing further into the consumer space.

As another user (forever29) put it, RIM should change it's name to RISM

RISM = Research In SLOW Motion
    My phones are loaded with 1000 + contacts and it will be impossible for me to have a phone without this feature. Even the cheapest phone in the world will have this feature.

Its highly unlikely they are overlooking this. The developers must have hit a roadblock somewhere and don't know how to implement is my best guess.
    Last edited by wannabelean; 01-22-10 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Wrong sentence
    01-22-10 12:17 PM
    There is a 3rd party app called Add To Contact. Problem is it does not work
    for numbers already on your phone. Only new ones.

If a third party developer can figure it out RIM should be able too also. They just
    don't think it is important. Pretty lame if you ask me.
    01-22-10 01:16 PM
    There is a 3rd party app called Add To Contact. Problem is it does not work
    for numbers already on your phone. Only new ones.
    Why would you need if for numbers already on your phone? Presumably you put them in the right field already. If you need to move many numbers, you can export them from Outlook in Excel format, sort and move as needed, then import them back. I used this technique to clean up all the different formats numbers come in. xxx-xxx-xxxx, (xxx)xxx-xxx, xxx.xxx.xxxx...
    01-22-10 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD