Ok so I jusy moved into a garden apartment and we have a great neighbor below us. She told me that since we moved in she has been getting static in her TV. So i suggested she calls the cable company, they came and no issues. So when I got home last night she asked us to come in see if we here the interference. So as my wife got our TV on and went online, she txt me and thats when we heard it. I sent emails and numerous txts out along with a few phone calls, all of which tweeked her TV...Evidentally her TV is old enough not to have filters and/or shields to block my signals according to the cable company, so now she has to get a new TV or I keep my phone off when I get home. My wifes phone doesnt give issues (regular cell), just mine...go me. Any suggestions???
    08-06-09 06:43 PM
    Thoughts anyone?
    08-06-09 07:11 PM
    YUP thats the sound speaker pop. She is being cool about it, last tenants wouldnt even acknowledge her issue. just trying to be considerate, maybe I can wrap her TV in foil
    08-06-09 07:49 PM
    YUP thats the sound speaker pop. She is being cool about it, last tenants wouldnt even acknowledge her issue. just trying to be considerate, maybe I can wrap her TV in foil
    lol, make her a hat too.
    08-06-09 07:55 PM
    hahaha wow that TV set must be really old if it doesn't have any shields on those speakers. even late 80s models started getting sheilds! Either way unless you take her television apart and hand make the magnetic cones behind each of her speakers she's going to have to a new set. Self shielding isn't necessarily the easiest thing to be done. I'm just suprised your phone can affect it so much. I feel like BBs aren't as strong as some other phones.
    08-06-09 07:58 PM
    LOL the sad part is is that the tv is from the 90's. I was shocked too that it is picking it from my floor. Its not like im sitting at her tv. I guess it was a "cheap" tv when it was new.
    08-06-09 08:17 PM
    The best thing I can suggest is to first make shure that the F connector on the coaxial cable is a good crimp on type, not a diy hack-job. If she's experiencing RFI from a couple milliwatts from your BB, I can only imagine what mayhem must ensue when you use your microwave oven.... Try coiling up the coax just before the TV set...3 or 4 turns about 4 inches in diameter and tape to hold it's form, this is a simple RF choke, and will help attennuate any RF induced on the sheild of the coax...or she could take her TV to Antiques Roadshow and get it appraised, maybe get enough for a new set! LOL. Hope this helps!
    08-06-09 09:42 PM
    LOL thanks Radio. I will look into your suggestion. It very well could be a simple fix as you have suggested. Or I could drive her to the roadshow, that is also a very good suggestion, I like it Thx again
    08-06-09 10:04 PM
    Hmm Why not search craigs list/ Pawn shops and Police auctions to see if you can come up with a cheap new set for her?

Since the US went digital the old analog sets are pretty cheap now. I'm assuming she ahs an analog TV because I can't imagine the new digital ones aren't shielded
    08-07-09 06:55 AM
    IMO, its not the age of the TV, its the ATT signal. All GSM phones do it, but ATT is the worst. Especially iPhones. My office equipment is less than 3 years old and I hear it whenever an ATT phone is around. I just reactivated a Bold and it started up again. It's another reason I'm glad we switched to VZW...
    08-07-09 06:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD