Well I have a blackberry 8900 with OS 4.6.1.310 but I want to update the OS to 5.0.0.411. I downloaded the 5.0 OS and installed it succesfully, I deleted the vendor.xml file, and I opened the Loader, but the new OS doesn't show up on the application selection screen, just the apps that I already have on my bb. Any help? thank you
    03-19-10 08:52 PM
    Search and make sure that is no additional vendor files - sometimes there is more than one. Another suggestion is to disconnect your pc from the internet as sometimes Desktop Manager will do an online check for the OS and may not cooperate.

Oh, do you UNinstall prior versions of the OS using Add/Remove programs? Or at least, move those older OS out of the folder to another location on your computer.
    03-19-10 09:08 PM
    Search and make sure that is no additional vendor files - sometimes there is more than one. Another suggestion is to disconnect your pc from the internet as sometimes Desktop Manager will do an online check for the OS and may not cooperate.

Oh, do you UNinstall prior versions of the OS using Add/Remove programs? Or at least, move those older OS out of the folder to another location on your computer.
    I searched for more vendor files but I didnt found any others, and nope I didnt had prior OS installed on my computer since this is the first OS update Im trying to do to my 8900!
    03-19-10 09:34 PM
    Make sure that you have the new OS installed and running on your pc.
    Read this too:
    How to get DM to Recognize the OS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-10 11:53 AM
    Thank you!! I just updated to 5.0.0.411 and loving it
    03-21-10 12:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD