I cannot support Skinomi screen protectors any longer. I'm on my third Skinomi screen protector and no matter what I do. There are ripple like marks that seem inherent in these Skinomi screen protectors. It's not dust under the screen protector. The screen protector just simply doesn't seem to want to lay flat. After cleaning phone screen, inspecting for dust, take screen protector off paper with clean fingers, spray with supplied sprayer solution, the SP just gets a ripply defect, it is not crystal clear like other SP's that I've had. I use a credit card covered with the supplied soft screen wipe and gently squeegee excess water and allow to dry for several days but these distortions are always there after trying three times. You cannot feel these distortions but you can see them as soon as you apply and after squeegee process. I've viewed their install video, read there install literature. I can not endorse this brand!
    03-09-16 07:51 AM
    I love my skinomi screen protectors. They make good stuff.

If you mean the water like ripple, just give it some time for it to dry.

If you mean the somewhat sort of white patchy lines, we'll, your removed too much water.

You're aware you can lift it, spare a bit more solution, and reset it, right? When you squeegee the water out, don't use too much force.

It will dry and look good.

Posted via -sigh- Priv. Guess we have to get used to Android guys....
    03-09-16 08:48 AM
    I love my skinomi screen protectors. They make good stuff.

If you mean the water like ripple, just give it some time for it to dry.

If you mean the somewhat sort of white patchy lines, we'll, your removed too much water.

You're aware you can lift it, spare a bit more solution, and reset it, right? When you squeegee the water out, don't use too much force.

It will dry and look good.

Posted via -sigh- Priv. Guess we have to get used to Android guys....
    The marks are there before I squeegee. The first time I did one, I agree, I pressed too hard and it left ripples that could be felt. The second time with ample water so the skin slid easily and with minimal pressing there are slight warps and ripples appearance that cannot be felt. this time tried two sprays, still have marks. Granted when the screen is on and looking directly at it the marks aren't causing distortion, but when tilting screen you can see then, the more tilt the more visible and when screen is off the marks are very visible. I'm used to crystal clear screen protectors and don't wish to trade ease of application for clarity, which is what seems to be the situation with Skinomi. Waiting weeks an the marks are still there.
    03-09-16 09:11 AM
    Have a look at the matte protectors by Citigeeks. Theyve been flawless for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 09:39 AM
    Have a look at the matte protectors by Citigeeks. Theyve been flawless for me.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the tip, this morning I ordered off ILLumishield site with a discount they had going. $5.91 total for 3-pack u clear, antibubble, antifingerprint lifetime warranty.
    03-09-16 09:59 AM
    Which device? Just go for tempered glass. Regular protectors are pathetic
    skstrials likes this.
    03-09-16 10:04 AM
    Unlocked Passport should tell u, glass is a no go.
    03-09-16 10:22 AM
    That is true, but you have to go plastic if you want to go for a matte screen protector.

Also, a maker brand is really not worth it for screen protectors. Just get the cheapest ones from EBay for a couple dollars and replace them once a while. I have never paid more than a few dollars on the screen protectors and it has been very good.

It does not take a genius to make a screen protector.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 10:24 AM
    I like skinomi use them on my phones and watches. They look great, but for me it was a learning experience to install them correctly.

If I didn't apply as directed, and followed it closely,i had issues.

Now after doing several, i install as described in the video, and i leave it alone overnight.

Passport on ATT
    03-10-16 01:33 PM
    I Use Skinomi Skins, too, have one on my Apple Watch, and it worked perfect. I love skins, which has to be installed with a liquid, for me its much easier to applicate them. Earlier I used BestSkinsEver, but they come without liquid, you have to mix it on your own.
    03-10-16 01:51 PM