Could anyone help me? I have an BB curve 8900 with OS version 5.
    I can't find my BB maps icon. So I installed the BB maps app, but I got a file called lbs_ribbon.
    Then I reboot & still find nothing. But in the "option", "application", "add on", I only saw the lbs_ribbon, not Blackberry Maps.
    Thx.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-10 12:17 PM
    Same situation here. I'm looking for a place to d/l to my computer and try to install that way.
    08-05-10 07:13 PM
    I think if you look further down this thread, you might find hints of how to install for AT&T phones.
    08-05-10 07:25 PM
    I think if you look further down this thread, you might find hints of how to install for AT&T phones.
    is this not the last post in this thread?

OK, OK, I'll look farther down in the forum. The crackberry search feature brought me this far, maybe it will get me to the thread you've seen. Thanks!
    08-05-10 07:36 PM
    Ok guys... I'll try to find it first...

08-06-10 02:57 AM
    Ok guys... I'll try to find it first...

Oh, hey, I forgot about this and apologize for not getting back here. What I ended up doing is running apploader again. Turned out that it forgot about a few apps when I reloaded my OS today. It wasn't just BB Maps, but Tasks and Memo Pad as well. Not sure why it happened this way, it never had before, but it was quick enough to correct.

btw, I did have to download the lbs_ribbon file again after I reloaded Maps.
    08-06-10 03:11 AM
    I simply launch BB Maps from Poynt.
    08-12-10 05:31 PM
    So how do I get it on mine. I have 681 on my 8900. But it doesn't show up? I deleted vendor.xml during installation, and it says it's installed?
    08-12-10 10:09 PM
    Have you tried this download?

When I used it, I just got a file called lbs_ribbon, but it seemed like that's what it took to put Maps on the map.
    08-12-10 11:08 PM
    Have you tried this download?

When I used it, I just got a file called lbs_ribbon, but it seemed like that's what it took to put Maps on the map.
    Yes, I downloaded that, and it still doesn't show up.
    08-13-10 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD