this may have been discussed to death, but here is my 2cents

imo, i think the tour should come with wifi esp if you are paying almost 200 for the device itself. yah yah, verizon and sprint has better 3G coverage than att and tmo, but i feel like that its a rip off to pay so much and to lack such a feature, no matter how useless it may be to some ppl. i mean, you guys paid top dollar for this device and it lacks, imo, such a basic feature. id rather wait for the onyx to drop, but thats just me.

how do you guys feel? still dont care that there is no wifi even though you guys paid top dollar?
    08-26-09 03:15 AM
    I'd like to have WiFi, but I'm not complaining. Even without WiFi, the Tour is worth every single penny.

And it's $149 now, with BOGO too.
    08-26-09 03:17 AM
    Obviously those of us who hae gone on to prurchase are not that concerned with wifi. Especially those who hang out on these forums and know that wifi for the BB is coming soon. I have had coverage everywhere I travel, and work so its a moot issue for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 03:19 AM
    I'd like to have WiFi, but I'm not complaining. Even without WiFi, the Tour is worth every single penny.

And it's $149 now, with BOGO too.
    Dido, every early adopter will pay the price to have the "new" toy out there. Also, I think almost everyone who bought the Tour knew their wasn't any WiFi and still made the purchase. Now the BOGO is back you get two Tours for $149.99 after rebates. Not a bad deal if you asked me.
    08-26-09 03:34 AM
    WhosToBlame? BlameYourEquilibrium! lol I Had to I had to

Dido, every early adopter will pay the price to have the "new" toy out there. Also, I think almost everyone who bought the Tour knew their wasn't any WiFi and still made the purchase. Now the BOGO is back you get two Tours for $149.99 after rebates. Not a bad deal if you asked me.
    Dido on top of that dido, I follow Crackberry 24/7 and I do know there are wifi equipped devices just around the corner but to me (and I'm sure most) I LOVE MY TOUR!!!!

P.s Who needs WIFI when you have phenomenal coverage (and super speed) with Verizon Wireless? Not me that's for sure.
    08-26-09 03:42 AM
    WhosToBlame? BlameYourEquilibrium! lol I Had to I had to
    Good one. No one has ever answered my question! HHAHA.

P.s Who needs WIFI when you have phenomenal coverage (and super speed) with Verizon Wireless? Not me that's for sure.
    Didn't want to go their since OP said he didn't want to know what type of coverage we had.
    08-26-09 03:48 AM
    Besides work the only other place I'd be able to use wifi on a consistent basis is at home and at both I'd rather surf from desktop/laptop.

Don't get me wrong the capability of voip and free calls no charge is great but I already have a touch and just about everywhere I go all the wifi is password protected anyway so unless the next bberry feat.'s an app that can crack locked wifi sys. I won't be too impressed.
    08-26-09 04:01 AM
    wifi is quite useful for me when I use my bb around my house or at the office. however, when you have the data plan, its okay not to have the wi-fi equipped phone :-)
    08-26-09 04:19 AM

imo, i think the tour should come with wifi esp if you are paying almost 200 for the device itself. yah yah, verizon and sprint has better 3G coverage than att and tmo, but i feel like that its a rip off to pay so much and to lack such a feature, no matter how useless it may be to some ppl. i mean, you guys paid top dollar for this device and it lacks, imo, such a basic feature. id rather wait for the onyx to drop, but thats just me.

how do you guys feel? still dont care that there is no wifi even though you guys paid top dollar?
    I can't believe you bought a phone without knowing what came with it. It simply amazes me...
    08-26-09 04:37 AM
    I can't believe you bought a phone without knowing what came with it. It simply amazes me...
    They didn't buy it. Try a little comprehensive reading of the post.
    08-26-09 04:45 AM

Holly trolls batman....
    I could care less about the battery eating wifi. Had many cells with it and used rarely.
    08-26-09 06:26 AM
    I always get hated for this, but honestly I have never really needed WIFI nor would I let that sway me from purchasing a CDMA berry, considering NONE of them have it at this point. I would understand if it was GSM and a premium amount was paid for it when I could have got one that had it, but none of them do.

Also, personally the data is fast enough for me, and with verizon i get coverage everywhere i go, so i dont need to tap into a wifi to drain my battery to get faster internet.

Just my $.02.
    08-26-09 06:36 AM
    eh, i would like to have wifi, but i wanted to the tour. too bad for me.
    08-26-09 07:11 AM
    Meh, WiFi... Can't miss what I've never had on a phone. I have a Tour and had a Curve 8330. It's a phone for god sake. If I was worried about speed, I'd carry my laptop. It's not like I'm trying to browse images on a 480 x 360 screen. That's why I have said laptop should I need to do anything labor, memory or graphic intensive. I got this tour to primarily be a phone, not a computer on my hip so all the other stuff is just amenities to me.
    08-26-09 07:14 AM
    I've never had a need for wifi with my Tour
    08-26-09 07:24 AM
    I've never had a need for wifi with my Tour
    Same here, I thought these phones were made for E-mails and tethering so I can VPN into work. As long as I always get my E-mails, can VPN, and can get a hold of me, my boss is happy to have bought it for me.
    08-26-09 07:43 AM
    Why do so many people scream about the lack of WiFi? I mean really, who needs it? It kills battery life and if you have a data plan what's the point?
    Airplanes... overseas airport lounges, VoiP.

The reason that Verizon has dropped the price on the Tour so dramatically (now 2 for $149 with rebate and plan) is to deplete stock before the next round of wifi smartphones are announced: Storm 2, HTC TouchPro2, Motorola Sholes.

Let's be real... the Tour went from $199 with plan/rebate to the current 2/$149. Sounds like they are trying to dump inventory to me.
    08-26-09 07:47 AM
    People who bought the Tour knew exactly what their needs/priorities were and wifi not being one of them. So..... What is this thread about?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 07:48 AM
    I've had wifi on my windows mobile devices for the past few years and honestly I rarely used it. Its nice to have but like everyone says, it kills your battery extremely fast and the regular internet speed isnt too bad at all.
    08-26-09 08:09 AM
    Some people don't need/use WiFi...I have a Bold and I rarely use WiFi, I can honestly live without it, is a nice feature to have, but IMO I don't think is something every device must have as I'm sure lots of people don't use it...jus my opinion tho!
    08-26-09 08:12 AM
    the op paid top dollar for a phone that doesn't get a signal in many places...and he complains about wifi? geez.
    08-26-09 08:14 AM
    They didn't buy it. Try a little comprehensive reading of the post.
    Oh he didn't buy it! That makes him a T-R-O-L-L by definition!
    08-26-09 08:20 AM
    Yes, I paid good money for a VZW Tour. And WiFi would be great.

Show me a Verizon Blackberry that has WiFi and I'd be happy to buy it...
    08-26-09 08:21 AM
    I have no need for wifi in the least bit, the Tour us stunning fast without it
    08-26-09 08:21 AM
    In every situation where I would use wi-fi instead of the network for internet, I have always had my netbook with me anyway, e.g. airports, coffee houses, etc.

To the OP, you ask how we feel about not having wi-fi on the Tour when there has been countless discussion on the issue. Is there something about the prior discussions that eluded you?
    08-26-09 08:24 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD