These finicial nEwspapers bashing RIM,to the point of no return,and pridicting that the iphone 5 will be a much superior smartphone,and that it will dominate the enterprise market.I for one have never ever liked apple from the begining,as a matter of fact,I won a iphone,and the very next day I sold it to a kid who wanted a toy,so who out there thinks that the iphone 5 will CRUSH RIM????
    09-21-11 03:35 PM
    They are to different animals and both great devices in their own ways. I said it once and I will say it again. IMO Blackberry is a phone first and the Iphone is a toy first. Hands down I strongly believe that the a Blackberry is much better at getting this done.
    09-21-11 03:41 PM
    I don't like apple products either and own none but I think they all ready crush RIM esp in the consumer market. If all media wants to push apple and tell everyone they are great and RIM sucks ........ well lets just say advertising works. Sounds like enterprise isn't so interested in security like they use to be as evedent with a lot of them allowing ophones and androids.

RIM will continue to get flack until they actually make a product that can do what the others do and do it just as well or better.

I like RIM devices but sometimes do get annoyed that I can't do something everything else out there can. I don't like iOS and android. Not real crazy about win mobile either so what's a person to do beside use what you like and wonder at times......why can't I do that.
    09-21-11 03:49 PM
    I think its safe to say that the iphone 5 will do very well. Doesn't make us love our BBs any less though. I wouldn't worry too much about these articles. They get the better of people's emotions. Let's enjoy our Blackberrys!

I think that in general the public would rather have both Blackberry and iphone to choose from, then just one of them. Gives people options, and this is good. So far, Blackberry is still an attractive smartphone option so have no fear.
    anon(4018671) likes this.
    09-21-11 04:01 PM
    These are some of the same people who said the first iPhone was a joke and would fail. I wouldn't listen to closely to them.
    09-21-11 04:05 PM
    The part I find humorous is how many of them will bash RIM mercilessly, but then turn around and hold out optimistic hope for Windows phones.
    stephensonpac likes this.
    09-21-11 04:21 PM
    I don't like apple products either and own none but I think they all ready crush RIM esp in the consumer market. If all media wants to push apple and tell everyone they are great and RIM sucks ........ well lets just say advertising works. Sounds like enterprise isn't so interested in security like they use to be as evedent with a lot of them allowing ophones and androids.

RIM will continue to get flack until they actually make a product that can do what the others do and do it just as well or better.

I like RIM devices but sometimes do get annoyed that I can't do something everything else out there can. I don't like iOS and android. Not real crazy about win mobile either so what's a person to do beside use what you like and wonder at times......why can't I do that.

Good for enterprise addresses any security issues. Just recently was allowed to set my iPhone for enterprise email and guess what no extra charges like BB when going from BIS to BES.
    09-21-11 04:31 PM
    Waits for AVT to pop in and unleash ****!

Honestly, I hate apple and how its their way or cya! However the new iPhone will be the best one yet and will be the best selling one IMHO. I may even check it out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-11 05:14 PM
    Of course the new iPhone will be better than the current OS7 Blackberry's... Doesnt mean I would like to own an iPhone. RIM has been getting behind in the hardware department and theres plenty out there right now that are way better than Blackberry's specs wise.... Apple is going to be competing with those phones, not Blackberry's.

Hopefully with the QNX phones RIM wont **** around... but I wouldnt hold my breath.
    09-21-11 05:15 PM
    Good for enterprise addresses any security issues. Just recently was allowed to set my iPhone for enterprise email and guess what no extra charges like BB when going from BIS to BES.
    We've actually received notices from ATT, when we had ported a user's iPhone line into our account, that it would be required to change from the personal email plan to corp email plan...
    09-21-11 06:30 PM
    Yeah I called VZW and they had no clue and no way to tell. I talked to three different reps. I was told by my data security folks at work I had to call VZW and ask to be put on a Corp email plan. When I spoke to VZW I said I understand why you have with a BB but please tell me why I need to with an iPhone. I told them that yeah you need to charge more because you lose your spiff from RIM but please explain why with an iPhone I need to. I was transferred three times and asked all, of them the same question and finally the last guy said look we can't tell how you get your email on your iPhone but we know with a BB so don't sweat it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 09-21-11 at 06:58 PM.
    09-21-11 06:53 PM
    IPhone 5 vs the whole current Blackberry line:

Apple: 5
    RIM: 0

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    09-21-11 07:21 PM
    They are to different animals and both great devices in their own ways. I said it once and I will say it again. IMO Blackberry is a phone first and the Iphone is a toy first. Hands down I strongly believe that the a Blackberry is much better at getting this done.
    I'm so agree with this, this is just as it sounds... phone first... and this is why i am happy with my Blackberry..
    But let's not forget that making a good communication device it's the key.. BBM and push email are very nice but times are changed and RIM should improve many things to make it perfect... it's not that i don't like my Blackberry anymore and going to move to apple... i don't need a toy... but RIM should learn from Android a few things. they also had their bad times until Samsung and HTC saved them.
    09-21-11 11:04 PM
    The toy talk is hilarious. The iPhone and iOS can do more business stuff than my BB. The apps are insane. I spoke to a restaurant owner the other day and his software was integrated into an app that showed in real time the tabs that were open in his restaurant. He could even open one on his iPhone and take payment. Afterwards he showed me how he easily generated data for investors. He flew to CA with his phone and that app and was able to secure financing because the investor group was confident he had a handle on things. That is not a toy.

I use Keynote to generate awesome presentations to large C level groups. To do this from a phone will be great.

So will iPhone 5 crush RIM? Hasn't this already happened or have I been teleported back to 2004? The new iPhone will convert all but the super loyal RIM users IMHO.

The toy these days is becoming RIM's BB (BB Music, PLAYbook, lack of apps, etc).

dalton4L likes this.
    09-22-11 05:24 AM

So will iPhone 5 crush RIM? Hasn't this already happened or have I been teleported back to 2004? The new iPhone will convert all but the super loyal RIM users IMHO.
    I regularly visit the android central and tipb sites along with my daily crackberry visits. I have yet to see what ios 5 offers that will make people en masse run to the iphone 5. Is it the form factor? Slightly different than the iphone 4 but still an all touch slab. Is it the OS? Nope - the differences between ios 4 and 5 are tantamount to the differences between BB OS 6 and 7.

The toy these days is becoming RIM's BB (BB Music, PLAYbook, lack of apps, etc).
    Right - the device WITHOUT the beer drinking and farting apps is the toy. LOL!
    09-22-11 07:04 AM
    OS7 is nothing more than OS6.1, and the hardware in the BB OS7 devices is a year old. Much better than what they had before, but they're just getting to iPhone 4 level specs. The iPhone will be superior in many ways. It's just the truth.

RIM's true test will be their QNX handsets. Really they only got the OS7 phones out there because they really needed to get more usable phones on the market. There's nothing wrong with that. Microsoft put WP7 phones out there with Specs from late 09 on the dawn of 2011 /shrug/
    09-22-11 07:07 AM
    I regularly visit the android central and tipb sites along with my daily crackberry visits. I have yet to see what ios 5 offers that will make people en masse run to the iphone 5. Is it the form factor? Slightly different than the iphone 4 but still an all touch slab. Is it the OS? Nope - the differences between ios 4 and 5 are tantamount to the differences between BB OS 6 and 7.

Yeah, no, bbos has been been using the same Java virtual machine for their os since before the iPhone ever came out. iOS, and androids iterations have been vast and numerous in growth. People can write off apps like its some un-needed fad, but the fact is it allows functionality to expand light years beyond a devices core functions, meanwhile rim has a new product that doesn't do email, and the sdk for it has received scathing reviews from developers. Its not always about side by side specs, which the bb still currently gets smoked at. Nor about os functions, also dessimated here. Its about an ecosystem of developers reaching to consumers allowing them to incorporate their lives in ways that are beneficial between consumers/consumers consumers businesses. How often do you read about rim innovating business tools? Because I see this topic frequently for ios and android. You can make nfc payments at a drive thru with your android now. Full office suites available on wp7 ios and android, windows tablets even have adobes full suite running on them. These devices dwarf functionality offered by rim. "Just works" doesnt cut it anymore.
    I can remotely operate my home computer with android thousands of miles away from home. I can download torrents on my phone, edit spreadsheets. I can have my phone turn services off and on depending on my location. "Oh you're at the movie theatre? Phone silenced. Oh you're at home? Wifi on, network off, wifi calling on" these systems allow control and flexibility. There is no flexibility with rim currently, and they know it. I'm hopeful qnx will deliver
    Last edited by katiepea; 09-23-11 at 08:14 PM.
    john_v likes this.
    09-22-11 07:45 AM
    Yeah, no, bbos has been been using the same Java virtual machine for their os since before the iPhone ever came out. Its, and androids iterations have been vast and numerous in growth. People can write off apps like its some un-needed fad, but the fact is it allows functionality to expand light years beyond a devices core functions, meanwhile rim has a new product that doesn't do email, and the sdk for it has received scathing reviews from developers. Its not always about side by side specs, which the bb still currently gets smoked at. Nor about os functions, also dessimated here. Its about an ecosystem of developers reaching to consumers allowing them to incorporate their lives in ways that are beneficial between consumers/consumers consumers businesses. How often do you read about rim innovating business tools? Because I see this topic frequently for ios and android. You can make nfc payments at a drive thru with your android now. Full office suites available on wp7 ios and android, windows tablets even have adobes full suite running on them. These devices dwarf functionality offered by rim. "Just works" doesnt cut it anymore.

Same old blather feeding into small minded assumptions and conjecture. Native email... /cry... flash is trivial... /whine... apps apps apps... /sniffle.

Do we need to label you a troll in this thread too?
    09-22-11 07:52 AM
    Same old blather feeding into small minded assumptions and conjecture. Native email... /cry... flash is trivial... /whine... apps apps apps... /sniffle.

Do we need to label you a troll in this thread too?
    No you said you couldn't grasp what anyone sees in ios over bbos, and I explained it. Glad to see your fingers are in your ears and making it a personal attack

09-22-11 07:54 AM
    I have been a faithful BB user for years. I never did like apple devices, but that's just my choice. Obviously numbers don't lie,whether you all call it a toy or not way more users of all ages and professional backgrounds uses Iphones compared to blackberry. So its obviously have a little bit of something for everyone. I almost jumped ship to andriod before the 9810 came out for the simple fact of BB lover or not RIM should at least want to keep their current users happy. In the past year or so they have been terrible at that, which resulted in many people using or even trying different mobile devices. Then with all that going on you come out with a phone(latest BB OS7 line) that still barely keeps up with the Iphone 4.

If you get smacked around all year and your current users complain left and right I think you should put some extra effort into what your developing to keep them around and I simply think IMHO RIM have failed to do so. I almost jumped ship this boat ride, but if the next BB isn't something 5-10 times better I hate to have to do it but I will be gone.

I say all that to say well...Iphone 5 will crush RIM despite that I don't like apple devices, but the truth remains. Numbers don't lie.

09-22-11 07:58 AM

It won't be any of that. It is the fact that many people were waiting for better notifications, iWork, better camera etc. Combine this with the fact that BB is putting out really stellar upgrades (sarcasm) it will be a slam dunk for iPhone. Many BB users will give up. Don't forget, most people that have BB now don't visit forums regularly. They will go into a store and continue to see BB is the same and their two year contract will be replaced with a brand new iPhone. Two years ago iPhone 4 didn't exist. The iPhone 3GS didn't have a FFC, iWork, good notifications, and less apps. Today the BB owners are wanting the iPhone 4. When the media unleashes iPhone 5 barrage, the people will be sold on it. IPhone 5 will dominate. Those that can't see the onslaught coming are either blind or ignorant.

When you own one, you can download your fart app, I will be putting productive apps on mine. There are over 300,000 apps. It is hilarious all the BB fans talk about fart and beer drinking apps.

09-22-11 08:00 AM
    Ios appstore actually has over 750,000 apps

09-22-11 08:04 AM
    It won't be any of that. It is the fact that many people were waiting for better notifications, iWork, better camera etc. Combine this with the fact that BB is putting out really stellar upgrades (sarcasm) it will be a slam dunk for iPhone. Many BB users will give up. Don't forget, most people that have BB now don't visit forums regularly. They will go into a store and continue to see BB is the same and their two year contract will be replaced with a brand new iPhone. Two years ago iPhone 4 didn't exist. The iPhone 3GS didn't have a FFC, iWork, good notifications, and less apps. Today the BB owners are wanting the iPhone 4. When the media unleashes iPhone 5 barrage, the people will be sold on it. IPhone 5 will dominate. Those that can't see the onslaught coming are either blind or ignorant.
    What data are you using in your presumption that the iphone 5 will create this mass exodus of BB owners? Just because its raining outside your window doesnt mean its raining on the entire world.

And you call someone who doesnt agree with this "onslaught" as blind or ignorant - yet you use every single talking point that an itroll would use. I definitely dont see unbiased logic and only see a bunch of opinionated presumptions.

When you own one, you can download your fart app, I will be putting productive apps on mine. There are over 300,000 apps. It is hilarious all the BB fans talk about fart and beer drinking apps.
    Inside every stereotype there is a grain of truth. My wife has an iphone - want to know what she uses it for other than a phone? Angry Birds and some word game. A buddy of mine has one - fart apps galore. My sister-in-law and brother -in-law both have iphone 4's - they use there's for facebook and twitter. Good to know there are so many productive apps in the istore. LOL!
    09-22-11 09:06 AM
    Most regrettably RIM is now in deep trouble. It is ripe for a takeover. Read these articles below and form your own opinions. The articles are all from Reuters, a fairly reputable source and are fairly short in length.

UPDATE 1-RIM will struggle to restore credibility - analyst
    UPDATE 2-BlackBerry bashed as questions swirl about future
    BlackBerry maker's missteps stir talk of its sale
    RIM's market share slipping even globally - analysts
    09-22-11 09:15 AM
    RIM rested on their laurels and got caught off guard by the iPhone (who happened to copy the LG Prada - first real touch based phone/screen).
    RIM Thought Apple Exaggerated the iPhone, Still Trying to Play Catch-up | WirelessGround.com Blog

They (RIM) didn't think it could be done and sure enough it was.

Playing catch up now is incredibly hard to do when you have MILLIONS of people buying your product (meaning Apple...then Android) and your name is synonymous with "smartphones".
    When people say do you have "one of those iPhones" they probably mean an iPhone and/or a smartphone in general.
    Sort of like "Xerox it" as opposed to "photocopy it".

It's also hard to compete with the BILLIONS of cash that Apple has for R&D.

Oh and let's not forget Android and Windows 7.

Hate to say it because I'm from Ontario and would love to see them do well, but the reality is, they seemed to be doomed.
    09-22-11 09:42 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD